7 posts in this topic

hi ms annloraine...we have the same problem  I am scheduled for my immigrant visa interview this coming thurs aug 17... bu then I recently received an email coming from us embassy manila that i needed to submit approved f2b retention.  I emailed them and they send me the procedure on how to file the CSPA opt out. I follow all the required docs but they were asking about the notice letter about the CSPA opt out..question did you receive the same notice??how many days does it take to have my approved f2b retention?? thank you for your response

HI Maria16 hope you could help me i need to submit my f2b retention. this coming wednesday but they were asking about the notice letter about the CSPA opt-out, Did you receive the said notice?? what are the docs you submitted for the f2b retention request??? thank you in advance for your response

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, johnjocson said:

hi ms annloraine...we have the same problem  I am scheduled for my immigrant visa interview this coming thurs aug 17... bu then I recently received an email coming from us embassy manila that i needed to submit approved f2b retention.  I emailed them and they send me the procedure on how to file the CSPA opt out. I follow all the required docs but they were asking about the notice letter about the CSPA opt out..question did you receive the same notice??how many days does it take to have my approved f2b retention?? thank you for your response

Yes i did. It took cguro mga 2 weeks for the approval. pero dont worry, submit mo lang requirements tapos punta ka lang sa interview mo. If asked about the it, sabihin mo lang na inaantay mo pa approval. Once okay na yun, d mo na kailangan pang bumalik sa embassy. Sila na bahala dun. Once approved it takes cguro another 2 weeks para sa visa. Good luck sa interview.😉

ok thank you... i hope i can do it i'm feeling nervous hehe... by the way do u still remember yung mga questions nung interview mo?? for the f2b category??

married ka na ba or single kse may 2 na akong anak but still single status ko gusto ko na din sana sila isama may idea ka ba pag ganun situation?? thank you again 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

wala masyado questions sa akin. Sa 7 yrs old na anak ko lang. Hiningi lang nila lahat original copy nung mga papers na pinasa ko. 

single status ko. May 2 kids din ako 7 and 2 yrs old. Nadala ko sila pareho kasi mother ako,aside pa dun minors sila, nung pinasa ko yung ds260 may question dun dba na sa mga dependents kung ano gusto mo, isama ba or to follow lang..

kung sa mga anak mo, i assume lalaki ka dba? Hehehe...kailangan mo ata ng consent from their mother na dadalhin mo sila lalo na pag minors pa. Tapos dapat sa ds260 inilagay mo na pangalan nila. 

Mga questions regarding f2b? Hiningan ako ng approval kaso wla pa nung interview ko so, sinabi nila antay nalang ako sa approval at sa visa in 2-3 weeks.

yun lang. Wala masyado questions unless may kahinahinala sa papers.

good luck talaga sa'yo. Balitaan mo ako ha😁

23 hours ago, johnjocson said:

Yes i did. It took cguro mga 2 weeks for the approval. pero dont worry, submit mo lang requirements tapos punta ka lang sa interview mo. If asked about the it, sabihin mo lang na inaantay mo pa approval. Once okay na yun, d mo na kailangan pang bumalik sa embassy. Sila na bahala dun. 

On 8/14/2017 at 11:16 AM, johnjocson said:

HI Maria16 hope you could help me i need to submit my f2b retention. this coming wednesday but they were asking about the notice letter about the CSPA opt-out, Did you receive the said notice?? what are the docs you submitted for the f2b retention request??? thank you in advance for your response

They haven't been on VJ since 2/16 so I doubt they will be helping you. Start a new thread with your question in the subject line and someone will help you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** posts from two old threads by other members split and merged here. Please ask questions about your own case in your own thread *****

Note that part of this thread was originally in the Philippines regional forum, where non-English is allowed. As it is not country specific, it has been moved nad merged in the Bringing Families forum.  Please type in English only from now on.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.