CA1515

Sent Package, when to expect scan date?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello

NVC received I-864 form on 08/11 (checked via usps tracking number) but called today 08/14 and they said the haven't received yet. How long does it take for them to receive and scan? Also trying to get police clearance letter from local police, how long does that take to get as well?

It can take up to two weeks to receive your "scan date," so don't panic :) Are you talking about your spouse's Constancia de no Antecedentes in Mexico? They can just walk in get it in a matter of minutes. You do not need a police clearance letter as a US citizen. 

Edited by afortunada

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Timeline
12 minutes ago, afortunada said:

It can take up to two weeks to receive your "scan date," so don't panic :) Are you talking about your spouse's Constancia de no Antecedentes in Mexico? They can just walk in get it in a matter of minutes. You do not need a police clearance letter as a US citizen. 

Hello! Got my scan date as of yesterday 08/15/2017! I have the antecedentes no penales from mexico already and they were also needing a police clearance letter from our local police station for my husband, I will be sending that out today or tomorrow, then can start counting 11 weeks! By any chanc did you have to do a "perdon"? If so what is your experience with this. Thanks!

Timeline
1 hour ago, CA1515 said:

Hello! Got my scan date as of yesterday 08/15/2017! I have the antecedentes no penales from mexico already and they were also needing a police clearance letter from our local police station for my husband, I will be sending that out today or tomorrow, then can start counting 11 weeks! By any chanc did you have to do a "perdon"? If so what is your experience with this. Thanks!

Hey,

I submitted the I-601A waiver (perdon) for my wife, what questions do you have?

Timeline
2 hours ago, RamStu said:

Hey,

I submitted the I-601A waiver (perdon) for my wife, what questions do you have?

Oh thank you! When did you submit the I-601A waiver? And how long did it take to get a response regarding the waiver?

Edited by CA1515

Timeline
17 minutes ago, CA1515 said:

Oh thank you! When did you submit the I-601A waiver? And how long did it take to get a response regarding the waiver?

I sent the waiver on 1/24/17 and it was approved on 4/13/17. It took ~3 months.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, RamStu said:

I sent the waiver on 1/24/17 and it was approved on 4/13/17. It took ~3 months.

Wow takes a little while, do I have to wait until we get CC from NVC or can you send while waiting to get our case completed?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, CA1515 said:

Wow takes a little while, do I have to wait until we get CC from NVC or can you send while waiting to get our case completed?

When was your I-130 approved?

Do you need to file a I-601A waiver? If so, I would not submit anything to NVC until you get the waiver approved. Please hold off.

Who is helping you with your immigration case?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, RamStu said:

When was your I-130 approved?

Do you need to file a I-601A waiver? If so, I would not submit anything to NVC until you get the waiver approved. Please hold off.

Who is helping you with your immigration case?

Our I-130 was approved on 07/20/2017. We have someone who was referred to us by other people who have gone through this the same situation as us. Why do you recommend to wait until we get waiver approved? Does the waiver go to USCIS or NVC?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, CA1515 said:

Our I-130 was approved on 07/20/2017. We have someone who was referred to us by other people who have gone through this the same situation as us. Why do you recommend to wait until we get waiver approved? Does the waiver go to USCIS or NVC?

The reason why you want to hold off on sending any documents to NVC is because once they receive and complete their case, they will go ahead and schedule an interview for you. What you should of done is this:

1. Pay NVC Fee's

2. Submit I-601A to USCIS, once USICS scans your waiver; they will send a notification to NVC to hold off on processing your case because you field the waiver. This will be done through an email

3. Once USCIS approves your waiver, they will notify NVC that your waiver was approved and to resume on processing your case

4. Go ahead and complete DS-260 and submit supporting documents to NVC

5. Wait ~9 weeks for NVC to review case and if the case looks good, they will complete and place your case in queue for an interview

What you are doing is causing confusion and lost of time and productivity. You should definitely wait you have an approved waiver before you proceed with NVC because at the end of the day, you cannot attend an interview until you have a  waiver approved or else you will be denied a visa and be placed on a ban.

You can go ahead and collect all documents ahead of time for NVC while your waiver is being processed at USCIS but should not submit them.

You should be focusing on your I-601A waiver as it is more important instead of NVC.

Timeline
1 hour ago, RamStu said:

The reason why you want to hold off on sending any documents to NVC is because once they receive and complete their case, they will go ahead and schedule an interview for you. What you should of done is this:

1. Pay NVC Fee's

2. Submit I-601A to USCIS, once USICS scans your waiver; they will send a notification to NVC to hold off on processing your case because you field the waiver. This will be done through an email

3. Once USCIS approves your waiver, they will notify NVC that your waiver was approved and to resume on processing your case

4. Go ahead and complete DS-260 and submit supporting documents to NVC

5. Wait ~9 weeks for NVC to review case and if the case looks good, they will complete and place your case in queue for an interview

What you are doing is causing confusion and lost of time and productivity. You should definitely wait you have an approved waiver before you proceed with NVC because at the end of the day, you cannot attend an interview until you have a  waiver approved or else you will be denied a visa and be placed on a ban.

You can go ahead and collect all documents ahead of time for NVC while your waiver is being processed at USCIS but should not submit them.

You should be focusing on your I-601A waiver as it is more important instead of NVC.

Oh ok! I will have to do that then! And one more question sorry! In the I-601A, what is all you included in there and did they ask you for additional info?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, CA1515 said:

Oh ok! I will have to do that then! And one more question sorry! In the I-601A, what is all you included in there and did they ask you for additional info?

I actually submitted packetr to them. When I get home i'll take pictures of the packet I sent to USCIS along with a table of contents of the different documents I submitted. I did not receive an RFE, just a biometrics letter for my spouse. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, RamStu said:

I actually submitted packetr to them. When I get home i'll take pictures of the packet I sent to USCIS along with a table of contents of the different documents I submitted. I did not receive an RFE, just a biometrics letter for my spouse. 

Ok, I am going to work on that then, please lt me know what all you included, I hope not to get an RFE! Thank you for your help! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, CA1515 said:

Ok, I am going to work on that then, please lt me know what all you included, I hope not to get an RFE! Thank you for your help! 

If you put a good packet together then you shouldn't get an RFE. Thanks for the reminder as I forgot to take photos. In the meanwhile you can start working on the following:

1. Your personal statement

2. Spouse's statement

3. Reference letters

4. Fill out I-601A form

Let me know if you have any questions regarding what to include in the statement. Are you planning on doing this on your own?

Timeline
5 hours ago, RamStu said:

If you put a good packet together then you shouldn't get an RFE. Thanks for the reminder as I forgot to take photos. In the meanwhile you can start working on the following:

1. Your personal statement

2. Spouse's statement

3. Reference letters

4. Fill out I-601A form

Let me know if you have any questions regarding what to include in the statement. Are you planning on doing this on your own?

Not really sure what to put in statement, and did you include any medical/doctors notes? No i am having someone help us I will be talking to her soon. But I like to hear from other people as well just to get better ideas. I want to send this out as soon asap but I want to make sure we put the right things together don't want to get RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.