mvmkr

Anyone else experiencing this error with DS260?

6 posts in this topic

As I am writing down all the addresses where I lived since I turned 16, there's one entry in particular that the program doesn't like. I lived at a place from 2006 to 2016. Whenever I introduce this data and I click SAVE or ADD NEW ADDRESS, the computer kicks me out of my application and the following message appears: "You have encountered an application error. Please try again later."

I can add any other dates/location and it would work fine. My wife's part of the application is fine. It is only this entry that is the issue. Is that because it's more than 10 years? Why would that be? Of course, I tried again later and the next day. Nothing changes, I get the same message. Anyone else encountering this or any idea what this might be?

If anyone else experiences this, I realized what the problem was. Whenever I introduced that address mentioned above, autofill filled out the information such as zip code, city, etc. However, I didn't look at the address I wrote above it. Autofill also changed the dates to the address before that. Double check all your entries and click save. What I did was: once I filled an entry and knew it was correct, I moved on to the next one without looking at the previous entry (because I knew it was correct) and without even thinking that autofill might automatically change the answers for you. So double check.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/13/2017 at 1:15 AM, mvmkr said:

As I am writing down all the addresses where I lived since I turned 16, there's one entry in particular that the program doesn't like. I lived at a place from 2006 to 2016. Whenever I introduce this data and I click SAVE or ADD NEW ADDRESS, the computer kicks me out of my application and the following message appears: "You have encountered an application error. Please try again later."

I can add any other dates/location and it would work fine. My wife's part of the application is fine. It is only this entry that is the issue. Is that because it's more than 10 years? Why would that be? Of course, I tried again later and the next day. Nothing changes, I get the same message. Anyone else encountering this or any idea what this might be?

Hi,

We encountered the same problem while filling all the addresses after the age of 16, so how did you go around this problem ?

Please reply because even i had faced the same problem and my attorney handling the application said that he would just put one address and we could carry the entire list of the addresses with us and provide if asked in the interview.

Can any one suggest if this is ok to go about ?

2 hours ago, Sindhujoe said:

Hi,

We encountered the same problem while filling all the addresses after the age of 16, so how did you go around this problem ?

Please reply because even i had faced the same problem and my attorney handling the application said that he would just put one address and we could carry the entire list of the addresses with us and provide if asked in the interview.

Why are you using an attorney? Is this a DV application? (That's the forum this is in, but you're from India so I'm guessing not)

i think that is not at all a good way to go about it - you will be knowingly putting down false information on an immigration application doing that. I can't believe an attorney would actually tell you to do that! I personally think this might cause serious problems at interview. 

the original poster came back after that and explained how he fixed it. Make sure that every new address begins after the previous one. If you can't recall exact dates guess as close as possible. Hundreds of thousands if not  millions of people each year successfully fill in DS260s properly...

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

I have informed them, not to go forward with such information. Instead, i have also explained the same as mentioned above by mvmkr

thanks for the help.

On 9/5/2017 at 1:58 PM, Sindhujoe said:

Hi,

The problem in my case was the autofill. I only started writing my the first letters of my address and it would suggest the whole address and I clicked on it, but I didn't look above. When I autofilled the information above was messed up, so double check. For example: I wrote the first address and put the dates, the second address was suggested, I clicked on it, and the dates for my first entry disappeared. That's why I received an error. I hope it's not too confusing. If it is, let me know, we can talk on Skype. Also, keep in mind that there shouldn't be a time difference of more than 1 month between the dates.

In my case, I lived in the US, then home, then Germany, then back home... you HAVE TO put all addresses, even if the home one repeats many times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.