stoney2016

expedited request granted

11 posts in this topic

on june 23, 2017 my I-130 petition was accepted by USCIS on June 30, received my NOA1. July 6, 2017 I made a expedited request on a emergency medical basis and called my Tennessee State Senator filed out a case work release form with copy of my NOA1 and Letter from my Dr to back up my statements due to the fact I have Cerebral Palsy and its hard for me to do daily living without my wife and saying if they didn't hurry and expedite my wife I would need to do a assisted living program. So then August 2nd, 2017 I get a email from USCIS saying my expedited request had been denied saying that although my situation was very serious I did not provide enough exidence and that I didnt fall under one of the expedited criterias. So then I call state senator and speak to sarah a representitve from ther office handling my case she said ok im gonna email the expedited dept and fax them the documents I have just to make sure they received she told me to allow 21 days before calling her back then August 8 I decided to be curious and check my case status and it says on august 7 we sent your case and receipt number to Department of state I was in total shock. So then I call customer service for USCIS to speak to a respresentitive just to see if it was an error and she told me the denied expedited decision was reversed and granted to expect my NOA2 within 30 days and sure enough yesterday I received my NOA2. my god im lucky even the secretary told me she had helped with several request but this was the first one she had seen granted... for me only 45 days between NOA1 to NOA2. I am Nebraska service center.. im gonna request to be expedited at NVC once I receive my NVC Letter... I dint even get a email that my NOA2 had been sent it just appeared.. this is a true example of Gods power I see gods holy spirit all over this hes really working for me and my family. me and my wife also have a 10 month old daughter together already did her CRBA shes a dual citizen. my wife will do her CFO seminar sept 5.. just really wanted to share this experience. I also do know as of right now Nebraska is the fastest based on others but as we all know with USCIS come nxt month it can change

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
24 minutes ago, stoney2016 said:

on june 23, 2017 my I-130 petition was accepted by USCIS on June 30, received my NOA1. July 6, 2017 I made a expedited request on a emergency medical basis and called my Tennessee State Senator filed out a case work release form with copy of my NOA1 and Letter from my Dr to back up my statements due to the fact I have Cerebral Palsy and its hard for me to do daily living without my wife and saying if they didn't hurry and expedite my wife I would need to do a assisted living program. So then August 2nd, 2017 I get a email from USCIS saying my expedited request had been denied saying that although my situation was very serious I did not provide enough exidence and that I didnt fall under one of the expedited criterias. So then I call state senator and speak to sarah a representitve from ther office handling my case she said ok im gonna email the expedited dept and fax them the documents I have just to make sure they received she told me to allow 21 days before calling her back then August 8 I decided to be curious and check my case status and it says on august 7 we sent your case and receipt number to Department of state I was in total shock. So then I call customer service for USCIS to speak to a respresentitive just to see if it was an error and she told me the denied expedited decision was reversed and granted to expect my NOA2 within 30 days and sure enough yesterday I received my NOA2. my god im lucky even the secretary told me she had helped with several request but this was the first one she had seen granted... for me only 45 days between NOA1 to NOA2. I am Nebraska service center.. im gonna request to be expedited at NVC once I receive my NVC Letter... I dint even get a email that my NOA2 had been sent it just appeared.. this is a true example of Gods power I see gods holy spirit all over this hes really working for me and my family. me and my wife also have a 10 month old daughter together already did her CRBA shes a dual citizen. my wife will do her CFO seminar sept 5.. just really wanted to share this experience. I also do know as of right now Nebraska is the fastest based on others but as we all know with USCIS come nxt month it can change

Congratulations 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Congratulations ! we also filed for an expedite and got expedite granted, they asked for evidence through email and we emailed them, the only thing is we filed it really late, we had no idea about case expediting and only tried it when case was at 175 days... once granted, was case approved in 2 weeks. 

You are so lucky and smart as you filed it really early! Good luck in the next steps, we will try to expedite at NVC too so keep us updated with your status.

Edited by A & F

First of all congratulations. And I'm very surprised as well because I filed for an expedite back in February 2017. Due to the fact that my son who was 8 month's at that  time he  was in the ICU due to breathing problem and being put on a ventilator. the Nebraska send to never got back to me about my expedite request and everytime I call they had no answer for me. Consider yourself very lucky. Here I am today one year since I applied for my husband for i-130, and I still haven't got any kind of reply from the Nebraska Center I'm still in the noa1 phase.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

All the best for you in your case and that thing goes smooth. Like another person said above, contact your senator office to give them the thanks. 

the state senator Bob corker himself got involved even he himself talk to me directly and told me the last thing we want is to pay someone to help with your needs when our wife would free. so as bad as my situation is I really think it was granted to save the govt money and yes I did a thank u letter. my moms mouth dropped when senator corker ask for me she ask who is this? he said senator bob corker

Senators office just called told me they have requested to expedite at NVC that NVC also forwarded it to USEM Manila not to pay the IV bill nor to send NVC anything cause if i did it would make it look like the right hand wasnt talking to the left hand kind of thing. I ask i said i thought my steps had to be complete b4 requesting expedite? they said NO your case is different we are in a hurry on your behalf and that expedite procedures vary case to case so just wait until your contacted again b4 doing anything else

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.