mvmkr

Addresses for DS260

7 posts in this topic

I'm completing the DS260 form and it asks about all the addresses I lived since I turned 16. I am mentioning all the addresses, but will I need to provide proof for that? Such as rent contract, police records (to check my background)? If so, I'm not sure how I can provide this info for some places where I lived more than 15 years ago. Why is this information necessary?

Also, the same goes for all my previous employment. Will I need to provide confirmations from my previous employers? One company closed and I don't know how to contact my previous manager. 

So, my question is: will I have to provide confirmations for all the info I write in my DS form? 

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

No proof needed for the addresses or employment.

They are asking for this information so that they can do background checks on whether what you've put down on the form is legitimate.  They have ways of checking information without calling anyone or demanding proof.

Filed: Timeline

No, you will not be asked to provide confirmation of addresses lived at or work history. However, it is important for you to accurately fill out the form and provide all the information being asked for. It is partly how they verify who you say you are when they conduct their background check on you. 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/12/2017 at 6:46 PM, mvmkr said:

I'm completing the DS260 form and it asks about all the addresses I lived since I turned 16. I am mentioning all the addresses, but will I need to provide proof for that? Such as rent contract, police records (to check my background)? If so, I'm not sure how I can provide this info for some places where I lived more than 15 years ago. Why is this information necessary?

Also, the same goes for all my previous employment. Will I need to provide confirmations from my previous employers? One company closed and I don't know how to contact my previous manager. 

So, my question is: will I have to provide confirmations for all the info I write in my DS form? 

Hi,

Were you filling the Ds260 online. ?

Were you able to fill all the addresses you lived after the age of 16 ?

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 1:30 AM, EmilyW said:

They are asking for this information so that they can do background checks on whether what you've put down on the form is legitimate.  They have ways of checking information without calling anyone or demanding proof.

I had the same problem, I was a student and I kept changing my home(room) and also my workplace too, so I had more than 5 addresses and I didn't remember what date I was there, so I was so nerves if that is going to be a problem and I think didn't write correctly all my previous addresses. I had submitted my application 4 months ago and waiting for approval and hopefully that doesn't effect to my application.

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 1:30 AM, EmilyW said:

what if we don't remember all of our addresses in the past? what kind of background they can do due to the address?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.