rafiq akhtar

Administrative Processing Islamabad, no paper? (merged)

73 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

my wife had her interview on july 24th at Islamabad embassy for her US visa and after the visa the officer took her passport and said we gonna call u for ur visa pickup. she even got the paper on where to pick the passport from... today is the 15th of August and haven't received a call or email and when i check online it says administrative processing.. all my friends wifes got there visas in 2 weeks... has anyone had this problem??? plzz help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** four threads merged and another without replies removed.  Do not post more than once on an issue'/ question.  If you have more info or follow-on questions, post them as a reply to this thread. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
7 minutes ago, rafiq akhtar said:

whats that mean???????

It means stop creating new threads about your wife's AP.  Don't hit the "Start New Topic" button.  If you have more questions after all the answers you got here, post them as a reply to this thread, like you did the post above.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello..... my wifes been on ap for over a month now but i seen that the case got updated on the 29th of august then again on the 30th... what does that mean and after how long u think they will issue the visa???? Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
33 minutes ago, rafiq akhtar said:

Hello..... my wifes been on ap for over a month now but i seen that the case got updated on the 29th of august then again on the 30th... what does that mean and after how long u think they will issue the visa???? Thank you

I have been in AP from 3 months today , Trump administration has introduce new policies for immigrant visa like extreme vetting , so many people in Islamabad are stuck in AP , but again it all depends on individual circumstances. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/11/2017 at 7:42 PM, Zaib212 said:

I understand, but if she didn't get the white paper, and all the paper work were completed and he mentioned that the visa will issue so then why in AP. they suppose to tell you right if we need to do additional check background. so my question is even if you didn't get the white paper you will still be put into AP, and without being notification.

It happened with me! I got approved and got no 221g.. All papers were complete and VO said everything is perfect n i can take my passport back in 4 days. But now it's been 2 months. My case is in AP.  I received an email after 1.5 month, it was a questionnaire for additional information. I filled it and sent them back on the same day. Bt still i have got no reply.  Whats your wife's status...has se got her visa?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We also are in AP and was given no slip.  They kept passport and all original documents.  They threatened to return his case accusing him of fraud but then told me I had time to decide if I wanted to pursue this relationship which makes me think they just want to scare me since they have no basis to return.   This embassy is using extreme vetting.  I understand them trying their best to protect the american's involved but when people are innocent its completely unfair to prolong a married couple from living together.  

I hope you hear something soon!  InshaAllah this hard time will be behind us...then its the normal martial issues we will be working through.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

They threatened to return his case accusing him of fraud but then told me I had time to decide if I wanted to pursue this relationship.....

Prepare yourself for a long, long process.....i don't think they make those comments unless they see smoke.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, missileman said:

Prepare yourself for a long, long process.....i don't think they make those comments unless they see smoke.

I agree this could be a long process but disagree on the seeing smoke.  They contradicted themselves several times.  Calling documents fakes (even though they are from Nadra with seals) and accusing an entire village of being lairs.  In the end they could only tell me they see cases like this all the time and were looking out for my best interest.  They could not provide me with any solid evidence for returning it and said they didn't have the final say the original CO would look over it again.   I'm sure at this time they are looking at the validity of his documents how long it will take I'm uncertain.  Once they confirm they are real I don't know if they would approve it then  or deny on something trivial (like lack of bonafide evidence) and hope I'll hang up the case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.