aleksander

B1/B2 Visa after submiting DS260

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi,

I have a big problem with my b1/b2 visa. I subbmited ds260 becouse I was selected in DV-Lottery.  Before interview in embassy I am going to visit Miami. I am affraid that i won’t be able to cross US border due to submiting ds260 form (immigrant intent). Hypothetcly is there any chance to cancel my ds260? I don't wanna have problem on border. 

Do you already have the visa? If so you should be ok, just be sure to take proof with you that you will be returning home after your vacation in case the border officer asks questions.

if there is any issue, i.e. they do not believe you will leave the US after your entry on the B visa, they won't cancel your DS260 but they may refuse you entry on the B visa and send you back home til you have processed your DV.

5 hours ago, aleksander said:

Yes, I have visa. I was in USA last year and I have valid visa for next 9 years. What do you think could be the best proof? I have good job in Poland and I  definitely return home. 

Take the same type of things you would have taken for the visa application, like a letter from your employer confirming you work for them and will be returning after temporary leave, if you own a home take proof of that too. 

I visited the US on an existing B visa while waiting for my DV interview, had no problems.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.