Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,518 posts in this topic

Going by our monthly threads it seems like there is a slow down again in progress. 

It was running at about 6.5 months to now but between Feb and March filers it's seemed to have slowed down (or people just haven't updated yet) . 

Im a May filer and was just hopefully that I'd be done by year end but I'm starting to doubt that. Anyone else from Chicago feeling frustrated or have any positive stories other that what I'm seeing here? I've a terminally ill family member back in Europe , and when I requested an expedite I was declined. 

Edited by Waitinggame16

December filer here. 6 months after my biometrics in STL, i had my interview in Chicago on July 11. As of yesterday, my status changed to being placed in line for the oath ceremony. When I sent my application in December, I thought the whole process would take about 5 months tops. Clearly I was wrong :blink: 

Hang in there and wishing you luck!

Naturalization

Sent N-400 Application....................................... Dec  5 2016

NOA1.................................................................. Dec 13 2016

Biometrics @ St Louis  ...................................... Jan 11 2017

Received Interview Letter .................................. Jun 10 2017 

Interview Scheduled in Chicago, IL ................... Jul 11 2017

Oath Ceremony in Peoria, IL .............................. Sep 20 2017

July filer here from Chicago. Too soon to say yet for me. I have my biometrics appointment on 8/15. Hopefully by summer 2018 I'll be a citizen :D Will try to be patient.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

September 2016 filer here. I had my interview in Chicago on July 26 and I was approved !!

on Thursday my online status changed to "Placed in line for Oath Cerimony".

the agent who interviewed me told me that it could be as far out as 60 days for my Oath Ceremony. She mentioned that they are running really behind in Chicago. She looked at my original filing date of September and was surprised it will likely be a year from filing date before my Oath.

im just looking forward the having the Oath Cerimony and finally having all this in my rear view window.

good luck to all Chicago Filers !!

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

@Waiting in Vancouver congrats on finally getting an approval! Did they mention why you took so long because it seems mad now some people were done in 5 months and others seemed to be almost a year with no reason! Were you held up in background check? 

Hope you get your oath soon! 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Waitinggame16 said:

@Waiting in Vancouver congrats on finally getting an approval! Did they mention why you took so long because it seems mad now some people were done in 5 months and others seemed to be almost a year with no reason! Were you held up in background check? 

Hope you get your oath soon! 

I actually forgot to ask her. I was just happy I was approved :) 

i saw people who were December Filers who were having interviews before me so I have to believe my background check must have took longer or My file ended up at the bottom of a pile on somehows desk.

i will say that the interview was very smooth for me. My interview was scheduled for 10:15am and I arrived to the building at 9:55am (they tell you on the interview letter to only arrive 30 mins before your scheduled interview). There is a nice cafe about a block from the Federal Building where we had a nice breakfast. Was a little pricey but nice to relax before the interview.

when we arrived there was a long line to check in so by the time we got through the line it was 10:11am (I remember the exact time as its printed on the slip they give you). We sat down and right at 10:15am they called my number.

the agent had me aware to tell the truth etc. She then took my picture and finger prints to confirm my identity. Right after that we went into the questions. I got the first 6 right so we moved on to the next step. She handed me a piece of paper with a sentence on it and I had to read it back to her. The sentence was "when do we celebrate Columbus Day". She told me that I didn't need to know the answer as she was going to tell me the answer and I had to write the answer down on a piece of paper she handed me. She had me write "We celebrate Columbus Day in October".

Next we went through every question on my N400 that was in her file. Every one of the Yes/No questions to make sure I answered them the same. She asked if I had been out of the country since I submitted my N400 which I had, so I told her the dates.

she then told me that she was recommending me for approval and that I will receive a notice in the mail for my Oath Cerimony. She said it could take as long as 60 days and I might only get a week or two notice.

when I returned to the waiting room it was 10:45am so it was only a total of 30 mins.

K-1 VISA

AOS / EAD

I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

March filer here. I hope I will get my interview letter by the end of this month. Judging by what I saw on people's timelines Chicago is not the worst which is some sort of consolation.

41 minutes ago, Yuliya Lipina said:

March filer here. I hope I will get my interview letter by the end of this month. Judging by what I saw on people's timelines Chicago is not the worst which is some sort of consolation.

Yes I'm following you all in March thread now. So wishing you a letter soon! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 hours ago, Waitinggame16 said:

Yes I'm following you all in March thread now. So wishing you a letter soon! 

Thank you! I wish the best of luck to you as well!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My Oath Ceremony is scheduled for this Monday in Chicago ... I'm almost done !!

K-1 VISA

AOS / EAD

I-751

congrats @Waiting in Vancouver!! 

Mine is scheduled on Sept 20 in Peoria! Let us know how it goes with your ceremony :)

Naturalization

Sent N-400 Application....................................... Dec  5 2016

NOA1.................................................................. Dec 13 2016

Biometrics @ St Louis  ...................................... Jan 11 2017

Received Interview Letter .................................. Jun 10 2017 

Interview Scheduled in Chicago, IL ................... Jul 11 2017

Oath Ceremony in Peoria, IL .............................. Sep 20 2017

1 hour ago, Waiting in Vancouver said:

My Oath Ceremony is scheduled for this Monday in Chicago ... I'm almost done !!

Congrats!! Great to see Chicago filers finishing the long journey! 

@Lil Miss Sunshine congrats to you too!!! Nearly there ! 

Any March filers see interview letters yet?  

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Lil Miss Sunshine said:

congrats @Waiting in Vancouver!! 

Mine is scheduled on Sept 20 in Peoria! Let us know how it goes with your ceremony :)

I wish mine was in Peoria ... the county I live in has to go to Chicago when Peoria is only a hour away where Chicago is 2 hours or more depending on traffic 

good luck !!

K-1 VISA

AOS / EAD

I-751

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.