Luyen

Dubai police clearance

17 posts in this topic

My fiance worked in Dubai for 4 years and has since returned home to Philippines.  She has been there for 1 year so far.  My question is two-part.

1) Will we need a police clearance from United Arab Emirates or any form of paperwork from there for her interview in U.S. Embassy in Manila?  Or is the police clearance from Philippines sufficient?

2) If so, does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can obtain such documentation?  Her visa to Dubai already expired and we are in the process of waiting for the NOA 2, but would like to make sure everything is ready and prepared ahead of time.

Thank you so much in advance!

Orangee thank you for that link!  I have visited it and bookmarked it.  I do have a question in regards to the last sentence at the bottom, which makes me wonder if this is really a requirement, which reads:

Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE.

So, does this mean that the interviewing officers will ignore the police record requirements from UAE?  I also found this post that seems to suggest so, but I have no concrete evidence. Link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/583418-dubai-police-clearance/ 

Again, thank you for the prompt response!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Luyen said:

Orangee thank you for that link!  I have visited it and bookmarked it.  I do have a question in regards to the last sentence at the bottom, which makes me wonder if this is really a requirement, which reads:

So, does this mean that the interviewing officers will ignore the police record requirements from UAE?  I also found this post that seems to suggest so, but I have no concrete evidence. Link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/583418-dubai-police-clearance/ 

Again, thank you for the prompt response!

Yes the embassy is aware that a Police Certificate can not be obtained, except in person for UAE.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
Just now, Luyen said:

Hank_! Wow, it's you! :o I just read your entire giant post and it brings me much relief.  My only worry is that what -if- they ask her for it.  So you are 100% sure it won't be required?

There are NO guarantees in life.  ;)     But the embassy is aware that it is impossible to obtain a police certificate from certain countries without a personal appearance... so they waiver the requirement.

Follow the embassy instructions letter, with limited exceptions, if you have everything that is required you should be just fine.

Don't stress ...

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You're most welcome. It was my situation before, got my pc from Japan and waited for it for almost 2 months before my interview. But still I got RFE because of my Oman police clearance , it took me 2 weeks to have it, good thing is I have a friend working there... I thought I do not need Oman pc because when I read about Pc from UAE , thought it was just same. I was also looking for an answer to obtain my UAE pc  before  (been working in Abu Dhabi), til somebody told me to send a message thru facebook account US Embassy, Manila Philippines. I asked them regarding pc from uae, then got an answer within a week. 

• 5 months later...
On 8/4/2017 at 10:05 PM, Luyen said:

Hank_! Wow, it's you! :o I just read your entire giant post and it brings me much relief.  My only worry is that what -if- they ask her for it.  So you are 100% sure it won't be required?

Like Hank stated the Embassy should know that a PC from UAE cannot be retrieved without being in the country. May I suggest you print off the requirements page that states (the same one that Orangee posted earlier) this and have it with you just incase you run into a "newbie" CO.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
5 hours ago, Thavassa said:

Hello po orange mag ask po ako paano po kayo naka kuha ng police clearance from abu dhabi kasi ni require po akin. Thank you

Abu Dhabi is part of the UAE .. you can only obtain a police clearance by being physically present in Abu Dhabi.  Thus the police clearance is waived for the interview.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/UnitedArabEmirates.html

Court/ Police Certificates

Available only if applicant is physically present in the UAE.

Fees:

Document Name:

Issuing Authority:

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format:

Issuing Authority Personnel Title:

Registration Criteria:

Procedure for Obtaining: Police certificates may be obtained by any person, regardless of nationality, by personally appearing at the Central Police Headquarters located in the emirate of residence or former residence. When appearing to request a police certificate, the applicant should provide recent photographs, a letter from the requesting authority, the date of residence in the emirate, and their passport.

Certified Copies Available:

Alternate Documents:

Exceptions:

Comments: Not available by mail. Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Like Hank stated the Embassy should know that a PC from UAE cannot be retrieved without being in the country. May I suggest you print off the requirements page that states (the same one that Orangee posted earlier) this and have it with you just incase you run into a "newbie" CO.

Are you on your phone??  ;)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So glad I found this post as I am in the same position.  I lived in dubai until I was 22 years. Don't have residence visa anymore.  So we don't need a pc for sure? Anybody who has been through the process their input will be highly appreciated

1 hour ago, MrsKhan said:

So glad I found this post as I am in the same position.  I lived in dubai until I was 22 years. Don't have residence visa anymore.  So we don't need a pc for sure? Anybody who has been through the process their input will be highly appreciated

Yes, at this point in time if you are out of the UAE you can not get a police clearance. So when you go to your interview make sure you bring the paperwork showing that you can not get a police clearance from there. This is very common in the Philippines because of how many people work abroad so I don't know familiar the embassy in the UK will be with this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.