abum

Biometrics for I-131 re-entry & I-90 GC replacement (within 90 days/3 months)

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Hi all.

I have some questions here.

Currently I am out of the USA - but will be in USA within 1 month. The expected duration of stay would be exactly 3 months.

Within that 3 months, i would like to apply the following documents:

1. Green Card replacement I-90 for myself (my GC is MIA - tracking says it is delivered but no where to be seen - USCIS helpline said if it is said as Delivered, nothing else they can do)
2. Green card replacement I-90 for my toddler (no biometric - and no need to come in-person) [same case as mine]
3. Re-entry permit I-131 for myself
4. Re-entry permit I-131  for my toddler  (no biometric - and no need to come in-person)

Re-entry permits are to be delivered to the US embassy in Malaysia. 

My toddler and I both have a valid I 551 stamp on our passports (but will expire end of this year).

Questions:
1. From my readings, i've come to understand that my toddler would not need to have his biometric taken. Can other verify this as well?
a. therefore i would not need to pay for biometrics in both I-90 and I-131 right?
b. i do not need to bring him to any of  the interviews right?

2. Would 3 months be enough for me to reach to the point of the biometric to be taken? 

3. If the answer for No 2 is NO, then what are my options? I am not sure if i can prolong my stay in the USA longer than 3 months as it is putting a lot of strain on me financially. (changing flight would cost a lot of money too).

I plan to be back in the USA for good maybe middle of next year (a huge maybe there - hence i need to have the re-entry permit in place).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.