Kay100

please i need help

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
please i am selected for the Dv lottery from Ghana ,but i realised a mistake in my date of birth,in Ghana we put out day with day first,hence my date of birth which is 8 july 1990 which was entered 08/07/1990  has been given a different meaning as the American format present month first and i dont know so initially ,
also my name Kwasi was spelt as Kwesi
please what can i do about it?

Edited by Kay100

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I'm sorry but you may have invalidated your application there. they can think you made those minor "errors" in an attempt to put multiple entries into the diversity lottery which is grounds for canceling your application even though you were selected. the choice is up to the embassy I believe so your only hope is to contact them and hope they will allow it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

USCIS transfered my husband's DOB on my NOA1 

i wrote a letter explaining they had wrong DOB and sent in translated Enlgish copy explaining that his country puts day first and i had it corretct on my applicaiton

Timeline
52 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

i wrote a letter explaining they had wrong DOB and sent in translated Enlgish copy explaining that his country puts day first and i had it corretct on my applicaiton

the difference here is that it was not a document he provided. he entered his date of birth incorrectly and misspelled his name on the forms he filled out.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Don't be scared. They are humans and know errors do occurs. Besides the new CO's  they brought now are very professional and friendly. Just put prayers ahead and wait for the Almighty to speak.

3 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

Yes but this is not your husband putting his name and dob wrong on his own entry forms to the diversity visa - where such errors can be taken to signify fraudulent intent.

and as I said in his duplicated question elsewhere, the form has the names of the months written out so the excuse for wrong date doesn't bear out.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, Kay100 said:
please i am selected for the Dv lottery from Ghana ,but i realised a mistake in my date of birth,in Ghana we put out day with day first,hence my date of birth which is 8 july 1990 which was entered 08/07/1990  has been given a different meaning as the American format present month first and i dont know so initially ,
also my name Kwasi was spelt as Kwesi
please what can i do about it?

Unfortunately, you're more likely to be denied than approved. Your name is wrongly spelt in addition to your DOB being wrongly listed - seems like an agent submitted the eDV registration form on your behalf. Ghana has been flagged as a country with high fraudulent entries, the COs are rather unsympathetic with regards to errors and do not hesitate in denying DV petitions. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 hours ago, O&GForever said:

Why did you post the same question using two different user names? 

Seems like it wasn't the first time.......... :whistle:

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mollie09 said:

Seems like it wasn't the first time.......... :whistle:

and a k1 vIsa in progress

i think they might see you as trying to get to the us by any means which usually ends badly for you. and since they have your finger prints from the k1 visa interview they know who you are.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 8/4/2017 at 5:16 PM, f f said:

and a k1 vIsa in progress

i think they might see you as trying to get to the us by any means which usually ends badly for you. and since they have your finger prints from the k1 visa interview they know who you are.

:pop:

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.