4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

So glad to have found this website and forum. I filed my I-129F on August 7th, they received it the 9th (confirmed via tracking from UPS) and received an email saying it is going to CSC on August 11th.  I'm nervous, anxious, and a bunch of other things too much too list. Anyway, glad to be apart of the August filers club and I wish everyone a smooth journey to their nuptials. :)

Timeline
On 8/14/2017 at 6:20 PM, patientguyinlove said:

It's crazy to see these threads go 500 pages with 3000+ posts.

That reminds me to sit back because I'm in this for the long haul. 

Yup! I'm overjoyed that it's finally on it's way, but it's a little sad to know how long the wait can be. I'm so ready to be moving, ha.

On 8/15/2017 at 0:15 AM, MikeandMeg said:

Hello Everyone,

So glad to have found this website and forum. I filed my I-129F on August 7th, they received it the 9th (confirmed via tracking from UPS) and received an email saying it is going to CSC on August 11th.  I'm nervous, anxious, and a bunch of other things too much too list. Anyway, glad to be apart of the August filers club and I wish everyone a smooth journey to their nuptials. :)

Congrats and welcome~ :)

8/6/17 - K-1 Sent

8/11/17 - NOA1 Received 

2/14/18 - NOA2 Received

5/16/18 - Medical

5/22/18 - Interview

Hello everybody, we received our NOA1 on August 7th. 

I just wanted to say that you are so lucky that you can get your visa immidiately after interview and the whole process will take about 6-7 months for most of you. 

I will probably have administrative process after interview at least for 6 months as I am from Iran. Be thankful :) and GOOD LUCK....

Timeline
22 hours ago, Bah90 said:

Hello everybody, we received our NOA1 on August 7th. 

I just wanted to say that you are so lucky that you can get your visa immidiately after interview and the whole process will take about 6-7 months for most of you. 

I will probably have administrative process after interview at least for 6 months as I am from Iran. Be thankful :) and GOOD LUCK....

Good luck to you as well! I hope the process goes smoothly and quick for you! 

8/6/17 - K-1 Sent

8/11/17 - NOA1 Received 

2/14/18 - NOA2 Received

5/16/18 - Medical

5/22/18 - Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I literally just sent my application today. Thank you everyone in this forum, I couldn't have put the packet together without information found on this forum! I love the internet! Saved me money from paying a service. 

I'm really not sure if this is the appropriate place to be posting this particular questions, so please excuse me and kindly direct me to where I can go if not - I am Canadian and my fiance is American. He is filing a K1 Visa for me (I am preparing it because he doesn't have the time and I am the more organized one) but here's the thing - I am 8 months pregnant. The child is his and his name will be on the birth certificate and with that we will get her a US passport. We can do a paternity test if they request it? I don't know if they do or not. I am wondering how to fill out the section "Does the beneficiary have children?" - I do but she is currently in my belly and therefore I cannot provide a date of birth. Also, I know that when a beneficiary has children (that are not the petitioner's biological) they need to file a separate (k2?) form for the children but considering our daughter will be eligible for dual through her American father (and we will have her US passport) I shouldn't need to file any type of form for her should I? Oh god I hope not. Thanks in advance for any help! I'm so lost. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/18/2017 at 4:48 PM, Wibblet said:

I couldn't have put the packet together without information found on this forum! I love the internet! Saved me money from paying a service. 

Agreed. I paid to avoid RFEs. If I get one, I'm not going to be so happy with the party I paid to assist me. It was NOT cheap at all. :(

That being said, I've seen so many filers that didn't clearly didn't review the RFE Master List on VJ and got caught up with the same issues that so many others faced.

The one that really gets me was the RFE for too much information. I saw that someone on VJ posted about getting an RFE even though they provided a very large package full of photos, chat transcripts, etc.

Someone commented that it's easier for USCIS to send out an RFE than it is to review the large packet of information.

It's sort of a no-win situation. How much is enough and how much is too much?

I'm hoping none of us receive RFEs!!!

Smooth sailing.

Does anyone think the four month period between NOA1 and NOA2 will get better or worse? Historically, these have taken half as much time in some situations and longer in others.

I heard speculation about rush visas for Haitian immigrants as taking precedence over other visa types. That seems to be over.  I also understand that USCIS faces regular slowdowns around this time of year due to summer vacations.

Could they get caught up in the next month or so? Not trying to give anyone false hope. Just wondered what all of you thought. 

pa·tient  - able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2017-08-09 at 0:30 PM, Ezraylia said:

Originally had thought I would be in the July club, but we had some delays with a few documents and so we've finally filed! My fiance sent the packet on the weekend and it arrived at the PO Box in Dallas yesterday! So now we await our NOA1 :)

Hello everyone!

hello there...  are you going to have the interview in Montreal for your fiancé? Do you know how long it takes to receive the NOA2?

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Xianne said:

hello there...  are you going to have the interview in Montreal for your fiancé? Do you know how long it takes to receive the NOA2?

Yup, I'll be going to Montreal for my interview. Between NOA1 and NOA2 right now is about 3-4 months I think. :)

8/6/17 - K-1 Sent

8/11/17 - NOA1 Received 

2/14/18 - NOA2 Received

5/16/18 - Medical

5/22/18 - Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Ezraylia said:

Between NOA1 and NOA2 right now is about 3-4 months I think. :)

If you're seeing any that are currently being approved in 3 months, please share.

Watch the April thread. Those folks that filed at the beginning of April are just getting their NOA2s now.

pa·tient  - able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, patientguyinlove said:

If you're seeing any that are currently being approved in 3 months, please share.

Watch the April thread. Those folks that filed at the beginning of April are just getting their NOA2s now.

That's why I said 3-4 months, and added the I think at the end. We don't know the timelines of every pair of people going through this process, only those on VJ AND updating a timeline. I'm not on here actively watching processing times, I will drive myself crazy. 

8/6/17 - K-1 Sent

8/11/17 - NOA1 Received 

2/14/18 - NOA2 Received

5/16/18 - Medical

5/22/18 - Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Just sent in my packet today!  Now I wait.

08/24/17:  I129F sent to Lewisville, TX.

08/25/17:  I129F delivered.

08/29/17:  E-notification of NOA1.

09/02/17:  Hard copy of NOA1 came in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.