4,721 posts in this topic

Timeline
19 hours ago, KLS said:

Received my NOA1 email today!!!!

Awesome! That's fantastic, it's the first step! At least it's on it's way now! :dancing:

17 hours ago, JTTE said:

Hello guys!

I was just like Ezraylia, thought I was in the July 2017 club, but ended up sending everything today!

I wish everyone good luck and let's keep all updated!

😃

Woo high five for the delayed sending! Haha. Hopefully we aren't too far behind where we expected to be.

8/6/17 - K-1 Sent

8/11/17 - NOA1 Received 

2/14/18 - NOA2 Received

5/16/18 - Medical

5/22/18 - Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm expecting to have the hard copy NOA1 today or Monday. I'll keep everyone informed.

If you don't hear from me until Monday, have a great weekend everyone!

Find a healthy and constructive activity that gets your mind off the wait time.

That's my plan anyway!

pa·tient  - able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.

Timeline
Just now, patientguyinlove said:

I'm expecting to have the hard copy NOA1 today or Monday. I'll keep everyone informed.

If you don't hear from me until Monday, have a great weekend everyone!

Find a healthy and constructive activity that gets your mind off the wait time.

That's my plan anyway!

I have plenty of those, but they don't always help. I'm a very impatient person normally, so this should be interesting. Haha.

8/6/17 - K-1 Sent

8/11/17 - NOA1 Received 

2/14/18 - NOA2 Received

5/16/18 - Medical

5/22/18 - Interview

Timeline
Just now, Ezraylia said:

I have plenty of those, but they don't always help. I'm a very impatient person normally, so this should be interesting. Haha.

That's why I'm telling myself that I'm patient, because I'm frequently the opposite.

Is that reverse psychology? Maybe just a reminder? :P

Hang in there.

I'll leave you with this excerpt of a poem by John Burroughs:

Serene, I fold my hands and wait,
Nor care for wind, nor tide, nor sea;
I rave no more 'gainst time or fate,
For lo! my own shall come to me.

pa·tient  - able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, patientguyinlove said:

That's why I'm telling myself that I'm patient, because I'm frequently the opposite.

Is that reverse psychology? Maybe just a reminder? :P

Hang in there.

I'll leave you with this excerpt of a poem by John Burroughs:

Serene, I fold my hands and wait,
Nor care for wind, nor tide, nor sea;
I rave no more 'gainst time or fate,
For lo! my own shall come to me.

I just keep doing planning and research. Wedding costs, driving down costs, and all the logistics that go with those things. Keeps me busy along with the hobbies. Lets me focus on the move/adjustment without the impatience getting in there.

Thank you!

Are you petitioner or beneficiary? And where is everyone from, if I may ask?

8/6/17 - K-1 Sent

8/11/17 - NOA1 Received 

2/14/18 - NOA2 Received

5/16/18 - Medical

5/22/18 - Interview

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ezraylia said:

I just keep doing planning and research. Wedding costs, driving down costs, and all the logistics that go with those things. Keeps me busy along with the hobbies. Lets me focus on the move/adjustment without the impatience getting in there.

Thank you!

Are you petitioner or beneficiary? And where is everyone from, if I may ask?

I'm doing the same, but my fiance thinks its making me crazy already. Maybe she's right?

I'm the petitioner. You must be the beneficiary? How exciting! I'm trying to get my fiance psyched up about the move and transition, but she doesn't want to think about it until NOA2.

Now, we're just focused on each other, love and the constructive activities in our lives that keep us preoccupied from dwelling on a long wait time ahead. 

I'm also planning another trip to see her since I can't imagine going 6-8 months without seeing her (besides daily video chats). Can you tell I'm in love?:D haha

Wedding plans? I'm not even close to that yet. We may just do the formalities when she arrives and have the ceremony down the road. I can't imagine predicting a wedding date.

How are you managing that if you only have 90 days upon arrival?

I live in California, but grew up on the East Coast.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, patientguyinlove said:

I'm doing the same, but my fiance thinks its making me crazy already. Maybe she's right?

I'm the petitioner. You must be the beneficiary? How exciting! I'm trying to get my fiance psyched up about the move and transition, but she doesn't want to think about it until NOA2.

Now, we're just focused on each other, love and the constructive activities in our lives that keep us preoccupied from dwelling on a long wait time ahead. 

I'm also planning another trip to see her since I can't imagine going 6-8 months without seeing her (besides daily video chats). Can you tell I'm in love?:D haha

Wedding plans? I'm not even close to that yet. We may just do the formalities when she arrives and have the ceremony down the road. I can't imagine predicting a wedding date.

How are you managing that if you only have 90 days upon arrival?

I live in California, but grew up on the East Coast.

We're not doing any solid planning. Just kind of feeling out where are good options that are within our budget, I like knowing as much as I can ahead of time. Guesstimating a time frame of Jan - March given other peoples NOA2 dates and such. I could be off, but that's why we're not doing anything solid. 

Yup, I'm the beneficiary and I'm still trying to get used to the idea of moving down. It's going to be a change, thankfully not as much as a lot of people who go through this, but enough that it will be a bit jarring. 

I went down and visited in March, and it's going to be really hard to wait till I can get down there. We're just living day to day as connected as we can be. :)

8/6/17 - K-1 Sent

8/11/17 - NOA1 Received 

2/14/18 - NOA2 Received

5/16/18 - Medical

5/22/18 - Interview

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ezraylia said:

We're not doing any solid planning. Just kind of feeling out where are good options that are within our budget, I like knowing as much as I can ahead of time. Guesstimating a time frame of Jan - March given other peoples NOA2 dates and such. I could be off, but that's why we're not doing anything solid. 

Yup, I'm the beneficiary and I'm still trying to get used to the idea of moving down. It's going to be a change, thankfully not as much as a lot of people who go through this, but enough that it will be a bit jarring. 

I went down and visited in March, and it's going to be really hard to wait till I can get down there. We're just living day to day as connected as we can be. :)

My roommate is from Calgary. You'll be fine. Don't believe all the things you hear about Americans.:D

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Ezraylia said:

NOA1 arrived today! Awesome :D

Congrats Ezraylia!!!
Was that the hard copy in the mail or a e-notification?

If it was a hard copy, what was your package arrival date in Texas?

Pardon if you already answered this. 

Timeline

Oh Calgary! That's cool, I'm in Edmonton :D

I'm not worried about people really, just the adjusting to everything that's different. Never really been away from home. lol

It was just the email notification, but that's a start! It had arrived in the PO Box on Aug 8. 

8/6/17 - K-1 Sent

8/11/17 - NOA1 Received 

2/14/18 - NOA2 Received

5/16/18 - Medical

5/22/18 - Interview

Timeline

Hard copy NOA1 received on Saturday. :)

Timeline updated. Long waiting game begins. 

Did you notice above that I estimated Friday or Monday?

I guess I forgot about Saturday. :jest:

Timeline
2 hours ago, patientguyinlove said:

Hard copy NOA1 received on Saturday. :)

Timeline updated. Long waiting game begins. 

Did you notice above that I estimated Friday or Monday?

I guess I forgot about Saturday. :jest:

Hah yeah I forget Saturday. Here nothing moves on Sat so I assume it doesn't anywhere. 

8/6/17 - K-1 Sent

8/11/17 - NOA1 Received 

2/14/18 - NOA2 Received

5/16/18 - Medical

5/22/18 - Interview

Timeline

It's crazy to see these threads go 500 pages with 3000+ posts.

That reminds me to sit back because I'm in this for the long haul. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.