dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview September 2017

943 posts in this topic

As of today, no date received for interview. Numerous calls to NVC and emailed Embassy, still nothing. Did an expedite request yesterday. Will see what happens.

@JBMG

Timeline

Hi,

I still don't have my interview date, and as some of you told me a couple days ago, I am trying to talk to a supervisor at the NVC. I called them twice, and they never let me talk to a supervisor, both times they gave me excuses and nothing happened. So, once again I don't know what to do. I already talked to my lawyer in the USA and she said that I have to be patient and wait.

Well, I don't know if there is anything else I can try to do, at this point I'm just sharing with you guys.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Louie1988 said:

Hi,

I still don't have my interview date, and as some of you told me a couple days ago, I am trying to talk to a supervisor at the NVC. I called them twice, and they never let me talk to a supervisor, both times they gave me excuses and nothing happened. So, once again I don't know what to do. I already talked to my lawyer in the USA and she said that I have to be patient and wait.

Well, I don't know if there is anything else I can try to do, at this point I'm just sharing with you guys.

Nothing will happen at this point until you contact your congressman... they're the only one that can really put pressure on them.. Your lawyer should be advising you this... 

Timeline
1 hour ago, heyusa said:

Had my interview at 14:00 today. Arrived at the embassy around 13:50 and waited for a bit for the security to let me and my USC husband inside the big glass cubicle (security check). When we got inside, I asked if my husband was allowed to accompany me and they said yes, but that only I would be interviewed. Next, our bags went through the security check and we were asked to turn off our phones. We left everything there except for the big pile of papers I had taken with me. The security workers were chuckling a bit when they saw all the paperwork I had with me :D .. 

We then proceeded to the embassy and waited there for approx. 10 minutes until I was asked to come to the counter and present some of the original documents (birth certificate, marriage certificate and my criminal records papers + passport and only one passport size photo). There were no other interviews today, just a couple of Americans before us but they weren't there for visas, I suppose :D They left and we were invited to speak to the consul (I think he was just new at the job since there was another man beside him). He commented on my husband's tattoos and said he liked them. That kind of set the mood already, it was a pretty relaxed atmosphere. I then had to do the fingerprints and take an oath. 

The consul was looking through our papers a bit and asked us how we met, what my husband does here in my country, how long he has been living here, how does he like it, what our plans are, some comments about a picture he saw in the stack we sent to the USCIS last year, which led to them to some small talk about skateboarding etc... Also, I was asked to briefly mention if I had previously been to the States. As he was looking through our stack of evidence we had sent with our application, he said that we have a LOT of information. He never asked to see anything I brought (no pictures or additional proof gathered after the initial application back in September of 2016). 

After we had probably been in the booth for maybe 8-10 minutes (not sure, didn't check the time), he gave me the domestic violence pamphlet to look through and said everything looks fine and they should have my visa packet and passport ready for collection TOMORROW. Then the lady who collected my papers said she will look if she can manage it within a day and said she will let me know by phone :).. So, we'll see. 

Status on the CEAC still shows Ready, so I am not sure if it will really make it through AP to Issued tomorrow within the working hours... Will keep you all posted. Overall a pleasant experience!!!

Can't wait to have the visa in my hands :)

Congrats!!! Thank you for sharing. :)

Please copy/paste it into your timeline as well. You'll notice there is an area where it says "submit review" 

Timeline
1 minute ago, JBMG said:

Nothing will happen at this point until you contact your congressman... they're the only one that can really put pressure on them.. Your lawyer should be advising you this... 

I already sent an email to the congressman, I'm waiting for an answer. Should I try him over the phone? 

@Louie1988 and @JBMG ....looks like Brazil Embassy is short handed. Saw many many job vacancies. Could be reason for delay. I was checking the US Embassy where I'm to be interviewd, so I looked at Brazil too.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Louie1988 said:

I already sent an email to the congressman, I'm waiting for an answer. Should I try him over the phone? 

yes. :) Anyway you can to get a hold of someone.. def no worries on putting pressure on them.. i haven't tried but i've ready from several others, that it helped them out by contacting them... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Exan said:

Visa approved but check status says ready

Same here :) did they say anything about how long you'll need to wait for the passport? Congrats btw!!

TIMELINE

31 May 2016 - legally married in Estonia, just the 2 of us
27 July 2016 - wedding ceremony & reception

USCIS Phase

08 September 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox (FILED FROM ABROAD)

14 September - I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

16 September - NOA1 via e-mail

29 September - notice returned to USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it

22 November - NOA1 finally received in the mail (in the US)

31 March 2017 - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

3 April - NOA 2 received in the mail (in the US)

11 April - Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

17 April - Case received by NVC

20 April - NVC case number assigned

21 April -  DS-261 Completed Online
25 April - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
27 April - IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
6 May - DS-260 Completed
10 May - AOS and IV package sent

15 May - Scan date

12 July - Case complete 😀
14 July - P4 Interview Letter

08 August - Medical

17 August - INTERVIEW - approved!
18 August - VISA ISSUED
23 August - Picked up the PASSPORT with the VISA inside

26 August - Immigrant Fee paid
18 September, 2017 - POE 

Removal Of Conditions

25 June, 2019 - ROC packet sent 
27 June - ROC packet delivered

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mamad-78ky said:

Good morning my Friends! How are you?

I received yesterday Thursday at 15: 15mn my passport with the visa and an envelop sealed. 

It was a very long process,  Therefore patient, will pass

I thank God the Almighty

I pray for all too May God help you!

I'ts over congratulations and good luck with Poe;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Interview yesterday and for about 21 hours after the interview it still showed status as Ready on CEAC, now it is a bit after noon here and it has changed to Administrative Processing. Hope to see Issued really soon..

Edited by heyusa

TIMELINE

31 May 2016 - legally married in Estonia, just the 2 of us
27 July 2016 - wedding ceremony & reception

USCIS Phase

08 September 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox (FILED FROM ABROAD)

14 September - I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

16 September - NOA1 via e-mail

29 September - notice returned to USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it

22 November - NOA1 finally received in the mail (in the US)

31 March 2017 - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

3 April - NOA 2 received in the mail (in the US)

11 April - Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

17 April - Case received by NVC

20 April - NVC case number assigned

21 April -  DS-261 Completed Online
25 April - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
27 April - IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
6 May - DS-260 Completed
10 May - AOS and IV package sent

15 May - Scan date

12 July - Case complete 😀
14 July - P4 Interview Letter

08 August - Medical

17 August - INTERVIEW - approved!
18 August - VISA ISSUED
23 August - Picked up the PASSPORT with the VISA inside

26 August - Immigrant Fee paid
18 September, 2017 - POE 

Removal Of Conditions

25 June, 2019 - ROC packet sent 
27 June - ROC packet delivered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.