julieascott

July 2017 I 130 Filers for Parents

146 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

HI My NOA1 its from july 14 sent to TSC, I have read thar Nebraska its really fast :)Β but texas looks like its going slow right now its working on june and Feb cases...

best wishes to everyone

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, kareng5 said:

HI My NOA1 its from july 14 sent to TSC, I have read thar Nebraska its really fast :)Β but texas looks like its going slow right now its working on june and Feb cases...

best wishes to everyone

Welcome to the forum and goodluck on your case too ☺️

Hello! I am a July Filer too.,Β my petitioned was receive on July 31st and got a letter on the mail last Monday August 7 (receipt).Β As of July 31st my petitioned was forwarded to Texas.

Β 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, El12419 said:

Hello! I am a July Filer too.,Β my petitioned was receive on July 31st and got a letter on the mail last Monday August 7 (receipt).Β As of July 31st my petitioned was forwarded to Texas.

Β 

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your petition ☺️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello. My wife came in on a K-1 visa a year ago and we are now filing for her some to come to the US. I have looked and would like to find some answers to some questions. My stepson is 11 and my wife has here 2 year green card.

Β 

1) I plan to be the petitioner. I understand that being a US citizen shortens the process. Is this correct.

2) I am not sure which forms need to be filed.

Β  Β  a) I-130 -- Yes.

Β  Β  b) G-325a -- Not sure for a minor.

Β  Β  c) I-864 -- My understanding is that I have to fill out another financial statement for my stepson. Is this correct?

Β  Β  d) I-130a -- I read that there are situations where another 130 must be filed. Does this apply to bringing over a minor stepson?

Β 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

David

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lian&David said:

Hello. My wife came in on a K-1 visa a year ago and we are now filing for her some to come to the US. I have looked and would like to find some answers to some questions. My stepson is 11 and my wife has here 2 year green card.

Β 

1) I plan to be the petitioner. I understand that being a US citizen shortens the process. Is this correct.

Β  Β  a) I-130 -- Yes.

Β  Β  c) I-864 -- My understanding is that I have to fill out another financial statement for my stepson. Is this correct?

Β  Β  d) I-130a -- I read that there are situations where another 130 must be filed. Does this apply to bringing over a minor stepson?

Β 

Regards,

David

Hello! Sorry but I won't be able to help you with your questions because this forum is for i-130 for parents. I am sure there's a forum specifically for your situation. Hope you find some answers soon. Good luck and bestΒ wishes.Β 

Edited by DaisyMae

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lian&David said:

Β 

Β  Β  a) I-130 -- Yes.

Β 

Regards,

David

Hey David!

Yes, you can be the petitioner and you'll have better chances if you are a US citizen.

G325A is not among the required documents. It won't hurt to include it though.

Yes, you will have to fill out another I-864 form but that won't be necessary until the case is approved and forwarded to the NVC.

In my understanding, you intend to petition only your stepson. If this is correct, then you only needΒ  to file one (standalone) I 130. If you were talking about your wife who came on a K1 visa, shouldn't she do Adjustment of Status if she hasn't yet?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, DaisyMae said:

Hello! Just dropping by to see how's everyone doing. Hope we hear from uscis soon πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

any news yet I have read that texas its working on feb-march fillers

Timeline
8 hours ago, kareng5 said:

any news yet I have read that texas its working on feb-march fillers

Still waiting here! My case is in Nebraska and idk what month they are working on but staying positive πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

5 hours ago, julieascott said:

Hey, girls! Nope, nothing still. Can't even check my case status online. :(

Awee, still? Hope they fix that soon. 😫😫😫

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, DaisyMae said:

Still waiting here! My case is in Nebraska and idk what month they are working on but staying positive πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

Awee, still? Hope they fix that soon. 😫😫😫

Hope so too!

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.