mochamamba

F3 US Visa Interview this Aug 1, 2017 - CSPA - Retrogression - Philippines

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! 

Firstly, I'm really thankful that there's a website like this where I can read stories of the journey of different people from applying, to eventually getting their US Visas. I've got a few questions lined up, and I hope you guys can answer all of them.

Here are the facts

• Each one in our family already successfully completed our medical examinations (we've received the CD and the sealed brown envelope)
  • we were affected by the retrogression back then, I was 16/17 then, I am 23 now. 
  • My mom told me that since we were able to submit our DS 230s before the priority date retrogressed, I would still be included in the petition via the CSPA
  • I was included in the visa interview letter

Questions:

1. What would be the process in my case? (CSPA) I heard that there are three steps on a normal application: (1) Biometrics, (2) Initial Interview [done by a filipino], and (3) interview by the American Consul.
  2. Was the fact that I was included in the interview letter from the NVC gives me assurance that I still qualify as a derivative because of the CSPA?
  3. Will we be interviewed as a family? Individually?
  4. What are/were their questions? 
  5. Do they still ask questions regarding your medical exam?
  6. How long was the whole process?

Thank you very much! I hope you guys can provide answers to my questions and also give some tips if I'd missed out on anything.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Was a visa fee paid for you?

1) Process in the embassy is much like you have listed.

2) From what I have read you should be included.

3) Individually

4) Not sure with an F3, questions that you should readily know the answers to, most likely about your petitioner.

5) No

6) Interview with the consulate officer; 3-5 minutes.   Waiting for your turn.. maybe hours.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

28 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Was a visa fee paid for you?

1) Process in the embassy is much like you have listed.

2) From what I have read you should be included.

3) Individually

4) Not sure with an F3, questions that you should readily know the answers to, most likely about your petitioner.

5) No

6) Interview with the consulate officer; 3-5 minutes.   Waiting for your turn.. maybe hours.

Hi Hank!

Thank you for getting back to me. The original visa fee was paid for by our petitioner, I think my parents have a copy of the proof of payment. Does the embassy have a specific process that they use to verify if the aged out child is still included via the CSPA? Or just the fact that I'm included in the interview letter?

thanks!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, mochamamba said:

Hi Hank!

Thank you for getting back to me. The original visa fee was paid for by our petitioner, I think my parents have a copy of the proof of payment. Does the embassy have a specific process that they use to verify if the aged out child is still included via the CSPA? Or just the fact that I'm included in the interview letter?

thanks!

You are the third person doing the derivative that I have bumped into in the past month.. must be something in the wind.

Embassy follows the CSPA.   You will need to complete all the requirements for the interview, same as the others.

There is a link to the embassy instructions letter here:  http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/immigrant-visa-application.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 month later...
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Scully36 said:

Hi may I ask if cenomar is needed for f3?? Tnx😊

You would do better to post your questions in a new topic instead ot hi-jacking multiple topics of others.   Just saying ...

You question was answered in the other hi-jacked topic.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2017 at 11:19 PM, mochamamba said:

Hello everyone! 

Firstly, I'm really thankful that there's a website like this where I can read stories of the journey of different people from applying, to eventually getting their US Visas. I've got a few questions lined up, and I hope you guys can answer all of them.

Here are the facts

• Each one in our family already successfully completed our medical examinations (we've received the CD and the sealed brown envelope)
  • we were affected by the retrogression back then, I was 16/17 then, I am 23 now. 
  • My mom told me that since we were able to submit our DS 230s before the priority date retrogressed, I would still be included in the petition via the CSPA
  • I was included in the visa interview letter

Questions:

1. What would be the process in my case? (CSPA) I heard that there are three steps on a normal application: (1) Biometrics, (2) Initial Interview [done by a filipino], and (3) interview by the American Consul.
  2. Was the fact that I was included in the interview letter from the NVC gives me assurance that I still qualify as a derivative because of the CSPA?
  3. Will we be interviewed as a family? Individually?
  4. What are/were their questions? 
  5. Do they still ask questions regarding your medical exam?
  6. How long was the whole process?

Thank you very much! I hope you guys can provide answers to my questions and also give some tips if I'd missed out on anything.

What is your priority date? Any updates how's you're interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.