SarahNRolando

Guatemala Appointment Time?

360 posts in this topic

Anyone processed through Guatemala City lately? Got our CC on 7/24/17, however we were wondering how long after you got the CC that you were notified of your appointment? A friend of ours got his last year three days after he got his CC...we were hoping for the same kind of luck, but with our stuff taking 6 months at the NVC who knows how long it could take <_<

10 hours ago, SarahNRolando said:

Anyone processed through Guatemala City lately? Got our CC on 7/24/17, however we were wondering how long after you got the CC that you were notified of your appointment? A friend of ours got his last year three days after he got his CC...we were hoping for the same kind of luck, but with our stuff taking 6 months at the NVC who knows how long it could take <_<

Hi congrats on your approved case.  Did you do EP-processing just wonder?

15 minutes ago, Shalany2011 said:

Hi congrats on your approved case.  Did you do EP-processing just wonder?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what the EP processing is? 😬 We are doing regular consular processing with the exception that we had to get a 601A waiver as my husband came here undocumented as a teenager so he is still here in the US until his appointment. I haven't heard of EP processing....or maybe I have but didn't know it LOL 😊 

Hi EP processing is, email processing at Nvc and guatemala has the opportunity to do Mail processing or email processing. The second one is normally approved in two or 3 weeks.

10 minutes ago, Shalany2011 said:

Hi EP processing is, email processing at Nvc and guatemala has the opportunity to do Mail processing or email processing. The second one is normally approved in two or 3 weeks.

Ok gotcha!  No, we did mail processing because at the time that we originally filed our I 130 back in 2015 it had to be done through the mail so because we originally filed through the mail we had to do everything else through the mail as well from my understanding. Obviously we receive notifications via email but I think that's true with everyone.  We got a checklist because my husband's birth certificate it was not the new format that includes the picture so that held us up. At the time that we filed their processing time was, and still is, 11 weeks so when we resubmitted the birth certificate we were told that it could take up to 11 weeks again but took about six weeks. Waiting for the  review at the NVC has taken the longest out of this entire process 

Edited by SarahNRolando
Additional info

Wow it is been a long journey for you guys. I am at Nvc stage sent my docs last week and still waiting for answer. I have read it takes 2 to 3 weeks to approved lets see what happens.is in God 's will. Iam in guatemala my wife in us. Let me know how long it takes for you to get an interview date.

Yes, he has it. We got it here in the US at the consulate in Houston, Texas. We made an appointment and traveled down there but it took them over 3 months to mail it. I think his friend got his in Guatemala and it only took a week or two. Probably faster to get it down there if you are already there. 

Actually, I just spoke with my husband and he said when you get your DPI in Guatemala that they give you a receipt and that receipt can be used to get the documents that you need. I was incorrect when I said his friend got it in a week or two but from what I understand now all you need is the receipt to go get the documents because the receipt has the number on it.  Because my husband is here in the US he could not get the new format of the birth certificate, however he did give his DPI number to his brother and his brother was able to just use the number to get the birth certificate for us so I think the number is more important than the actual card. 

On 29/7/2017 at 8:56 PM, SarahNRolando said:

Actually, I just spoke with my husband and he said when you get your DPI in Guatemala that they give you a receipt and that receipt can be used to get the documents that you need. I was incorrect when I said his friend got it in a week or two but from what I understand now all you need is the receipt to go get the documents because the receipt has the number on it.  Because my husband is here in the US he could not get the new format of the birth certificate, however he did give his DPI number to his brother and his brother was able to just use the number to get the birth certificate for us so I think the number is more important than the actual card. 

Hi any up date on your interview.did you get one yet?

Hey! Thanks for checking in. Unfortunately we haven't yet....I'm getting a little anxious! Hopefully sometime this week we will know.

Any news on your case?

13 minutes ago, SarahNRolando said:

Hey! Thanks for checking in. Unfortunately we haven't yet....I'm getting a little anxious! Hopefully sometime this week we will know.

Any news on your case?

Not yet tommorow two weeks sent aos and iv in. i'll wait until monday and give them a call

Edited by Shalany2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.