4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi im new in the forum amd im all woried ab out my wife status. Ok i try to make it short. My wife came to the states at age 18 and she was capture and send to jail were she stay 20 days before they let her go with her mom home here in the states. She had an appointment at court but she never attended. She was like that with a deportation order for 10 years then we married and im a citizen. So we try to do everything the right way. My wife went back to colombia and i apply for the i130 wich was approve. Then she got her appointment at embassy and they told her she dont qaulified because she overstay in united states. And she mihht need a waiver. They gave her a paper were it says she needs 212 and 601. The attorney send them all last week. Now whats next. She already went to embassy and she did her medical, lab work, fingerprints. But the guy at the embassy didnt even take any of her paperwork. She still have everything. So will she get approve for this waivers then get another apointment at embassy or what. Does she needs to do all the doctor and fingerprints and labs again? I dont get it. I think my attorney should have send the waivers first with the i130. Im cofussed. Can someone help me pls. We have 2 daughters also who are citizens age u and 3 tbey were born here. Thank you in advance

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

There is lots of information if you google those forms. I have read a little about this situation. One person I know was going thru the same thing and I read that its difficult to get those waivers approved. However, you have 2 daughters and they may consider that when applying for that waiver. Bottom line, it's all about USCIS to approve it or not. It's all on how your attorney presents the case to USCIS. It's the price for breaking the law and worst case scenario, she would have to spend 10 years outside the US before she can return.

Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***********  Moving from Bringing Family to Waivers forum for more answers ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.