TerrenceR

Sputum Results

147 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cheribol said:

I went through the sputum culture test last June. I was scheduled to call SLEC on August 7. 

Last Friday, July 21st, I received a call from SLEC telling me to call on August 10 and not on the 7th...

What could be the reason for the 3 day extension? 

I couldn't give you the reason as we weren't even instructed to call in. This makes it difficult to really know everybody else's situation. We were at roughly 68 days for the repeat chest x-ray after the sputum collection, to give you my personal experience between time of collection and time of repeat medical. I am thinking they might have hit a busier time right now and that could've pushed your appointment to the right. I wouldn't think that it's anything bad, as they have often asked for you to go in early rather than later. Anyways, sorry I don't have a better answer for you and best of luck!

Timeline
On 7/27/2017 at 5:29 PM, TerrenceR said:

It's a little strange to me that they give people different instructions. I saw the slip that my fiancée has and there is an option to call back, but that wasn't marked for her. Thanks for the update and I'll update this post again soon.

My fiancee did her Sputum last week and she was told to return on September 25 to get her pulmonary re-evaluation, shots and sealed medical report, if the culture is negative. I'm hoping that since they gave her a specific date to return they think her culture will be negative.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mines said:

My fiancee did her Sputum last week and she was told to return on September 25 to get her pulmonary re-evaluation, shots and sealed medical report, if the culture is negative. I'm hoping that since they gave her a specific date to return they think her culture will be negative.

The instructions given to me was to call on August 22 at 1:30pm and to look for a specific person. I could also email but using the email address i provided to them only as they won't reply if I use a different email. The instructions vary it seems.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Mines said:

Everyone gets a date 60 days down the road.  Results of the culture won't be known .. "until"

Big thing is for SLEC to NOT call before that date.  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, TerrenceR said:

I couldn't give you the reason as we weren't even instructed to call in. This makes it difficult to really know everybody else's situation. We were at roughly 68 days for the repeat chest x-ray after the sputum collection, to give you my personal experience between time of collection and time of repeat medical. I am thinking they might have hit a busier time right now and that could've pushed your appointment to the right. I wouldn't think that it's anything bad, as they have often asked for you to go in early rather than later. Anyways, sorry I don't have a better answer for you and best of luck!

Thank you...I understand that it is hard to predict the reason, I guess being able to share my current situation and  knowing that I am not alone in this dreadful wait somehow helps me survive the agony of waiting for the result.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Everyone gets a date 60 days down the road.  Results of the culture won't be known .. "until"

Big thing is for SLEC to NOT call before that date.  

Patience is a virtue...it will be my 64th day on August 10. Everyday I am praying for a negative result and not to receive a call from SLEC.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Cheribol said:

Patience is a virtue...it will be my 64th day on August 10. Everyday I am praying for a negative result and not to receive a call from SLEC.

I can see you're stressed about it, but take it from me, there's no need to work up a bunch of stress when you're almost complete. No amount of stress will help out the situation. You're almost done, and I am pretty confident that most positive cases receive a call by this point.

By the way, you should make a timeline. The more information that people provide via timelines, the more information that other users can gather from viewing different profiles on here. I appreciate everybody who creates a timeline! :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Cheribol said:

Rather odd on SLEC going beyond the 60 days, but like others I think it is because they are busy. 

If it were a positive culture you would be moved to the DOT treatment line.. which I seriously doubt is what is going on.

Just be patient a little longer

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Rather odd on SLEC going beyond the 60 days, but like others I think it is because they are busy. 

If it were a positive culture you would be moved to the DOT treatment line.. which I seriously doubt is what is going on.

Just be patient a little longer

Thank you

Timeline
10 hours ago, Cheribol said:

I'm not a praying person @Cheribol but will definitely be following you and sending you positive vibes until the 10th. It's so near. I have this thread saved so I can check on it periodically.

Timeline
10 hours ago, notantifun said:

I'm not a praying person @Cheribol but will definitely be following you and sending you positive vibes until the 10th. It's so near. I have this thread saved so I can check on it periodically.

Thank you. reading posts/updates here helps me a lot to live each day especially now that in a few days it will be like "judgment day"

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Cheribol said:

Thank you. reading posts/updates here helps me a lot to live each day especially now that in a few days it will be like "judgment day"

I am sorry if this seems to be a very big deal to me, I waited 9 years for this to happen...and its like my life and future depends on SLEC's findings- though I know that they are just there to interpret my medical result

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.