TerrenceR

Sputum Results

147 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, notantifun said:

When I did my sputum test (just last month) and while waiting I've a guy who got a phone call from SLEC and was told to report the next day. He was not informed anything. He was waiting for the result of his sputum test too.

Okay, I'm going to assume we're good since she didn't get a call to go back early. Hoping.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TerrenceR said:

It's a little strange to me that they give people different instructions. I saw the slip that my fiancée has and there is an option to call back, but that wasn't marked for her. Thanks for the update and I'll update this post again soon.

I was given instructions to either call or email them but only on that specified day. I think maybe since she lives outside manila that it's better for her to communicate through email.

Please update when you get your result.

Timeline
Just now, notantifun said:

I was given instructions to either call or email them but only on that specified day. I think maybe since she lives outside manila that it's better for her to communicate through email.

Please update when you get your result.

My fiancée lives in Cebu and my initial post shows their reply to her. They won't give any information through phone or email.

Timeline
1 minute ago, TerrenceR said:

My fiancée lives in Cebu and my initial post shows their reply to her. They won't give any information through phone or email.

I've a feeling she's being asked to report back for the shots which is of course good 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, TerrenceR said:

It has been 64 days since my fiancée had her sputum collected. When she had her sputum collected, she was given a follow-up appointment for another chest x-ray on July 31. Since I have heard that you can receive the results after 60 days is up, I asked her to call and email SLEC. They will not give her a result of the culture.

Their email stated "Due to confidentiality and security reasons we are not allowed to divulge results through phone or emails. Based on our file, you are scheduled to come back on July 31, 2017 for a repeat Chest X-ray, you may inquire on that day the result of your MTB culture. Kindly proceed to the Pulmonary Department at the 2nd Floor and submit your return slip to the nurse assigned on that day."

I have always heard that no news is good news when it comes to the sputum culture, but honestly, I want to move forward with plans of her coming to the U.S.

Is it normal to have a follow-up appointment for a chest x-ray? It seems that it would be common since she was given these instructions during the sputum collection.

Do you think it is likely there is still an issue with the sputum results and they will actually have her fly to Manila (for the third time with this experience) to find out that she would need the six month treatment or follow-up appointment?

They don't make it easy for us. Unfortunately, some of us don't have unlimited vacation days or money. It would be nice to have some kind of certainty during this experience.

Thanks for any advice/answers provided in advance!

Yes there is truth in "no news is good news" regarding SPUTUM .. and the fact she is scheduled for xray and not starting DOT is another.

Still if you have been in the military you know it is never good to assUme.  Three more days of patience...

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Yes there is truth in "no news is good news" regarding SPUTUM .. and the fact she is scheduled for xray and not starting DOT is another.

Still if you have been in the military you know it is never good to assUme.  Three more days of patience...

They scheduled the x-ray in May when she gave the sputum samples. Yes, I know about the military sayings... active duty lol. Thanks for the response!

Timeline
Just now, TerrenceR said:

They scheduled the x-ray in May when she gave the sputum samples. Yes, I know about the military sayings... active duty lol. Thanks for the response!

No early phone calls .. I tend to go with - No Worries Mate  ;)  :lol: 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

In order to not leave anybody hanging, my fiancée passed the medical just now. She did have to have another chest x-ray done, although I'm unsure why. Doesn't seem that anybody in this group knew if they were negative or positive and they were at SLEC from about 8 am and didn't find out until about 2:30 pm. She was given the option to wait at SLEC for immunizations, which she will do. Now we only have the interview on Thursday! Thanks to everyone for the info!

Timeline
3 hours ago, TerrenceR said:

In order to not leave anybody hanging, my fiancée passed the medical just now. She did have to have another chest x-ray done, although I'm unsure why. Doesn't seem that anybody in this group knew if they were negative or positive and they were at SLEC from about 8 am and didn't find out until about 2:30 pm. She was given the option to wait at SLEC for immunizations, which she will do. Now we only have the interview on Thursday! Thanks to everyone for the info!

Glad all is good.

May your interview go smoothly and quickly.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 hours ago, TerrenceR said:

:thumbs: That's good news. Hope the rest of her travels is smooth sailing. Good Luck to you both.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
16 hours ago, TerrenceR said:

Hey. Congrats. Can't wait to hear the same good news for me and my fiance. You must be overjoyed with this news and relieved that she can finally move forward with the interview. Congrats again.

Timeline
1 hour ago, notantifun said:

Hey. Congrats. Can't wait to hear the same good news for me and my fiance. You must be overjoyed with this news and relieved that she can finally move forward with the interview. Congrats again.

Thanks! Best of luck to you, as well!

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I went through the sputum culture test last June. I was scheduled to call SLEC on August 7. 

Last Friday, July 21st, I received a call from SLEC telling me to call on August 10 and not on the 7th...

What could be the reason for the 3 day extension? 

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/31/2017 at 3:04 PM, TerrenceR said:

Congratulations!  Goodluck in the interview

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cheribol said:

I went through the sputum culture test last June. I was scheduled to call SLEC on August 7. 

Last Friday, July 21st, I received a call from SLEC telling me to call on August 10 and not on the 7th...

What could be the reason for the 3 day extension? 

When does your 60th day fall? It could be that they've given an incorrect date initially. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.