sarcasemm

Interview approved, went home straight after. Aren't we supposed to pay for a couriet fee?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello. Day before my interview, my mom kept telling me that I will be paying a fee for the courier if my visa got approved (Delivery fee) so I was just wondering if I missed a step. The CO told me he ge will approve my visa later that day (July 26) and it will be delivered to me within 7 days. 

He gave me a piece of paper saying that i should sign in or sign up at us travel docs .com to fill up my delivery address. I went straight home after because the guards and the other staff didn't say anything about us going to somewhere in the embassy to pay so does that mean I don't need to pay for a fee or is it already paid? I'm so nervous maybe I won't receive my passport with my visa

Timeline
9 hours ago, verwen said:

You don't have to pay a fee, it was included in the fees already paid.

Thank you so much! My mom told me din

5 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

no worries, it's included in the fees ... congratulations on your approval and welcome to the US!

Thank you so much! 😊

Timeline
4 hours ago, chokey said:

Congrats on your approval, what questions were ask at your interview? Was it fb1? 

Thank you! No it's IR2. I was just asked a few questions about my mom. Her naturalization date, when i kast saw her, what she does in the US.. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 hours ago, chokey said:

Congrats on your approval, what questions were ask at your interview? Was it fb1? 

Did you have your interview yet?  I got mine already and will fly out in sep.

Timeline

Courier fees included already.  Just make sure that you have your correct delivery address registered at ustraveldocs website.  You will receive it within 1 to 2 weeks

Timeline
5 hours ago, chokey said:

No, mine is early next month. 

Good luck.. they will ask you who's the petitioner, your relationship, how did the petitioner became a green card or US citizen, when did the petitioner migrated if petitioner was previously petitioned, what does the petitioner do for a living, request for photographs showing you and the petitioner, when did you last see the petitioner, do you have a US tourist visa (if yes, provide the passport with the visa on it), they will also ask your US travel history (if any),  if you've traveled to Turkey and surrounding areas, they will ask what you did there and how long did you stay, have you lived outside the Philippines for more than a year

roughly those are the questions the consul asked during my interview.  I'm on F1 category formerly F2B

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.