wwln

Any Adam Walsh Act success cases ?

57 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, cdneh said:

.No, those couples, by the behavior of one of them, have done that. That is the truth of it.

yes, right, but they already had their punishment (in prison; mental health treatment) , if they are still a thread, then should be locked in prison the whole life, not came out to harm others.

16 minutes ago, NikLR said:

It is a violation of the TOS of this website to tell someone they cannot post. 

Overall, you must disclose it, regardless it will be found out. 

If your future spouse didn't think that committing a sexual crime against a minor would affect him later in life even though he's still going through probation for the next 5 years, then he is delusional. 

dont know what you are talking about, you are far away from the topic, read back please.

Just now, wwln said:

yes, right, but they already had their punishment (in prison; mental health treatment) , if they are still a thread, then should be locked in prison the whole life, not came out to harm others.

They have to prove they are NO threat at all. That is next to impossible. And I don't agree they have had their punishment. Not in the least.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Nobody said you can't be together. If it's love, then you'll find a place and a way. It might not be in the US, but that doesn't mean you can't be together.

IMBRA and AWA do address some concerns of people meeting internationally, but cannot cover every circumstance (meeting in person first, meeting through friends/colleagues/etc., etc.) without significant harm to those who have not violated laws. There is absolutely no need to ban all international dating sites.

Either:

1. They didn't tell their partner until they were already in love. (Wrong on many levels)
  2. They told their partner about the offense but either hid or didn't know about the consequences for it with immigration until they were already in love. (Ignorance is not an excuse)
  3. They told their partner everything before falling in love, but they decided to pursue it anyway and accept the consequences for doing so. (Best option, but all one can do is complain about the law and try to get it changed, try to overcome it with a waiver, or live elsewhere)

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

49 minutes ago, wwln said:

why you are mad? sounds like your own business. i am not god not the usa law either, you can be mad at those who can deicde the law, not me.

i was saying the AWA law is not right, if you have not this eperience, no need to reply here.

and, i was saying i suggest also ban the sex offenders go to dating site, what did you read? calm down guy, mind your own business.

You seem fond of telling others to go back and read what was said so I suggest you do the same.

I am not mad at AWA or US law, I happen to believe it doesn't go far enough for some offenders and it is perfectly reasonable for the US government to expect the offender to prove beyond doubt they are no threat to anyone.

22 minutes ago, wwln said:

no one ask you to be mad at the law, but the law here has already forced many couples apart while they are enjoying their lives, this is the truth,

AWA hasn't forced couples apart, the offenses committed by the offender means couples who wish to be together have to consider life outside the USA.

No one forced the offender to commit the crimes or fail to disclose this to their future partner.  Blaming the government for the offenders actions is a fruitless exercise.

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

On 7/27/2017 at 2:17 PM, wwln said:

he cannot leave America because he still need to be checked once a year by the police, at least still have 5 years to be checked.

On 7/27/2017 at 2:37 PM, wwln said:

he confressed his crime to me when he made sure he wanted to marry me, so i knew his crime, i still want to marry him because that the crime was over 20 years ago, and he already very very regret what he did (and the crime is acceptable for me), living together almost 6 months in the USA, we are very happy everyday,  what i know he now is a sincere and very responsable man, i am a better person when i am with him, i learn so much all here, because of him,  i have no any children, and he had the surgery cannot have more children either,  we dont want to adopt any children as well,  he took good care of me, i met all his family members many times already, he himself didnt know that the crime he committed 20 years ago would affect the now situation, 

You state here:

He cannot leave the USA because he still has at least 5 years where he needs to be checked once a year by the police for a crime he committed 20 years ago that for some reason, he thinks wouldn't still affect him? 

1 hour ago, wwln said:

why you are mad? sounds like your own business. i am not god not the usa law either, you can be mad at those who can deicde the law, not me.

i was saying the AWA law is not right, if you have not this eperience, no need to reply here.

and, i was saying i suggest also ban the sex offenders go to dating site, what did you read? calm down guy, mind your own business.

You cannot tell someone they cannot post.; within the bold and underlined items you are doing exactly that.  I am warning you that you are violating the TOS (Terms of service) that you agreed to when you joined this website. 

So yes I do know what I'm talking about, but you can't keep your story straight. 

In the end I really feel that you're being a troll, so I'm reporting the thread to request it to be closed. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

20 minutes ago, NikLR said:

You state here:

He cannot leave the USA because he still has at least 5 years where he needs to be checked once a year by the police for a crime he committed 20 years ago that for some reason, he thinks wouldn't still affect him? 

You cannot tell someone they cannot post.; within the bold and underlined items you are doing exactly that.  I am warning you that you are violating the TOS (Terms of service) that you agreed to when you joined this website. 

So yes I do know what I'm talking about, but you can't keep your story straight. 

In the end I really feel that you're being a troll, so I'm reporting the thread to request it to be closed. 

you can report to anyone, not a problem to me,  i didn't do or say bad here, only someone didnt have the eperience and got mad for no reason.

52 minutes ago, trudi said:

You seem fond of telling others to go back and read what was said so I suggest you do the same.

I am not mad at AWA or US law, I happen to believe it doesn't go far enough for some offenders and it is perfectly reasonable for the US government to expect the offender to prove beyond doubt they are no threat to anyone.

AWA hasn't forced couples apart, the offenses committed by the offender means couples who wish to be together have to consider life outside the USA.

No one forced the offender to commit the crimes or fail to disclose this to their future partner.  Blaming the government for the offenders actions is a fruitless exercise.

i didnt say you are mad at AWA or US law, i said if you want to get mad at someone who posing their own opion and thought here, you should mad at the one who can decide the law, not me, the law didnt say cannot let people suggesting, you are overreacting.

1 hour ago, geowrian said:

Nobody said you can't be together. If it's love, then you'll find a place and a way. It might not be in the US, but that doesn't mean you can't be together.

IMBRA and AWA do address some concerns of people meeting internationally, but cannot cover every circumstance (meeting in person first, meeting through friends/colleagues/etc., etc.) without significant harm to those who have not violated laws. There is absolutely no need to ban all international dating sites.

Either:

1. They didn't tell their partner until they were already in love. (Wrong on many levels)
  2. They told their partner about the offense but either hid or didn't know about the consequences for it with immigration until they were already in love. (Ignorance is not an excuse)
  3. They told their partner everything before falling in love, but they decided to pursue it anyway and accept the consequences for doing so. (Best option, but all one can do is complain about the law and try to get it changed, try to overcome it with a waiver, or live elsewhere)

they didnt mean to be in love, because they feel in love and want to have long term relationship with the one, then they just tell everything about their pass, no one will tell everyone they were sex offenders at the beginning.  or wont be have too many women fell in love with them

3 minutes ago, wwln said:

they didnt mean to be in love, because they feel in love and want to have long term relationship with the one, then they just tell everything about their pass, no one will tell everyone they were sex offenders at the beginning.  or wont be have too many women fell in love with them

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Nobody will tell that they are a sex offender because it will affect their chances at finding a partner? That means they are hiding it...which I find completely wrong. It's not a first date topic, but at some point before even getting serious it should be disclosed.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

3 minutes ago, geowrian said:

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Nobody will tell that they are a sex offender because it will affect their chances at finding a partner? That means they are hiding it...which I find completely wrong. It's not a first date topic, but at some point before even getting serious it should be disclosed.

they just think not necessary, because they dont feel the long term relationship feel, i think this everyone act the same.

i wont tell everyone my pass also, until i want to have the long term relatonship with them, i think you do the same too

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.