N&I

ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING (DS-5535 form) after K-1 visa approval

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
Just now, Gaeth said:

Yes I do but I'm not active. 

don't worry, they know that some people do not have social media accounts. 

Its because im worried because i have no social media whatsoever only email. I feel like they might think im lying because i put N/A on the social media part, but thanks for your response  (:

Filed: IR-3 Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, JRM 1 said:

Its because im worried because i have no social media whatsoever only email. I feel like they might think im lying because i put N/A on the social media part, but thanks for your response  (:

Not everyone have it.  They can search your name and if you had it.  it would show. So they can check if they wana know ur lying or not.

• 3 months later...
On 7/26/2017 at 7:36 PM, N&I said:

Has anybody been through administrative processing after having to fill out form DS-5535? I had my k-1 fiancee visa interview on June 5th, I was told that my visa was approved but was put into AP the day I was supposed to pick it up. The consular officer told me that my case was being sent to Washington DC for what I believe is a security advisory opinion because my name had a match in the consular database. I am still in AP and my last update on CEAC was on June 9th. Has anyone gone through something similar? I know that most cases should be resolved within 60 days but I am already nearing that mark with no changes.

Have you received your visa?? I also got an email having this questionnaire ..my interview was on 20 sep and got approved but then after two months i got an email of questionnaire in november. Still waiting for my visa. Whats ur status

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that we received our k-1 visa! after no updates at all we got one update in late November, two updates in one week in December and then our status changed to issued the next week. We got a call to redo our expired medical and soon after we picked up the visa. Don't lose hope it took us six months but the process moved so quickly at the end! 

1 hour ago, N&I said:

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that we received our k-1 visa! after no updates at all we got one update in late November, two updates in one week in December and then our status changed to issued the next week. We got a call to redo our expired medical and soon after we picked up the visa. Don't lose hope it took us six months but the process moved so quickly at the end! 

Oh congratulatons thats an awesome news. Happy for you. When was ur interview and when u got that questionnaire? Stay happy and good luck

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I'm happy to hear that some people got out of the 5535 AP... anyone else have good news?

Hope so...

October 2011: Met in Spain

2012-2014: Video chat + visas + visits and vacations = we made it through!

June 2014: Moved to Spain, got engaged 

December 31, 2015: got married

April 20, 2016: sent I130 package

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

May 2nd or 5th, 2016: email NOA1... accepted and sent to.... NEBRASKA 

And now.... breeeeeeathe..... be like water my friend....

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Dec 6th 2016: Case available for paying fees. That was fast, I think! 5 days!

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

Feb 20th 2017: Scan date at NVC, received weird email.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Case complete date??: TBD :clock:.... November 8th!!

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Embassy called for new medical last week of August. New Medical Sept 10.

Visa ISSUED September 14, 2018. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2017 at 3:00 AM, N&I said:

Unfortunately there is no way for you to know how long it will take. We are still in AP since June 5th. Every time you email your embassy they will update the date on your AP status on CEAC because when they open your file they have to update so unfortunately that doesn't mean you will be getting issued any faster. I'm sorry, It is a terrible process for everyone. 

Any update?? Have you got your visa

1 hour ago, Shazyyo said:

Oh thats great. When did you get your visa? Can you pleaseeee discuss your case timeline here? It would be helpful for all of us..

yes ,for sure ! I was waiting for 6 months it was a very hard time , for us.But be patient my friends , i know that is a hard for everybody,but think positively. We sent our Packet in November or October 2016 , in 5-6 months we got mail for an interview on June  ,we got positive answer and after three days we came to pick up the visa but we found out that our case is under AP ... After couple months of waiting we contact a Congressman ,you will have to wait for the answer couple days for a response.After that maybe month and half we got update and after update a call from embassy to do medical exam again because my old one expire and that is that my friend thank God ! No one cant feel what you feel now but be patient friends,don't lose the hope, God Bless you All !!! 

Edited by N&I

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.