Citizen24

Turning 21 in October, F3 visa is in process (merged)

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi!

Visa type: F3

I am from India and my grandfather (US citizen) had applied for our family's green cards in 2001.

We got a letter dated May 17,2017 that the visa processing is to be started, and so we did.

We have already paid the 'Immigration Visa Application Fees' of 325 dollars per person and it shows that it is 'In Process' for the last 12 days.

I will be turning 21 on October 28, 2017.

I read on the NVC website that if the immigrant is going to turn 21 in the next 60 days, they are to inform the NVC immediately to expedite the process of obtaining our F3 immigration visa. So, I mailed NVC and called their help line too to inform them of our case.

My question here is, how long does it take to acquire the F3 immigration visa once the process is initiated?

Are the odds good for me to be able to land in the USA before turning 21?

Edited by Penguin_ie

Timeline

My family and I are in the process of obtaining our F3 visa.

The AOS fees have been since the last 12-15 days. It still shows that it is in process. We are waiting to be able to submit our DS-260.

We called NVC to find out that there is a glitch in the system.

The problem is, I am turning 21 on 28 October, 2017 and I am really worried if I wil be able to acquire my immigration visa so that I can land in the USA before 28 October, 2017.

Do I have a chance?

Please help.

Filed: Other Timeline

Call NVC at 1-603-334-0700 about your fee being in the state of "In Progress for 12 days".  Usually, the status changes in 7-10 days.

I am assuming you have filled out your Visa Application for yourself as well.  Even if you don't get interview letter this year your CSPA age will be calculated at the time your Priority date becomes Current, that means you are about to get interviewed for your visa.

CSPA calculation will deduct the time your application was in progress at USCIS.  Search for CSPA in the forum to learn other peoples experiences when they are older than 21 years of age at the time of their interview.  Basically, if you waited 5 years for your case to get approved by USCIS (I-130 approval), you will be 16 years of age for Visa Processing perspective.

Hope this helps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Seems that lots of us are having issues right now. We submitted our AOS payment Jul 21 and it cleared the bank Jul 24, but since then nothing. I keep calling every day or two and keep getting different answers. Sometimes they say that it can take up to a week, sometimes they actually say that there is a computer problem that they are working on.

You can check out this other thread:

Relationship:     First met 2015, Married since Oct 2016

Spoiler

2015 Apr - First met and started chatting online (he was in the US on a J-1 visa)

2015 Sep - J-1 visa expires (2 year home stay requirement)

2016 Feb - First trip to China (10 days): met friends and family, celebrated Spring Festival (Chinese New Year), lots of sightseeing (including seeing pandas), and lots of food

2016 Feb 06 - Purchase matching jade necklaces to mark engagement

2016 Jun/Jul - Second trip to China (10 days): lots more sightseeing, food, and time with friends/family

2016 Sep/Oct - Third trip to China (10 days) this time with my parents so that my parents could meet him and his mom, along with lots of sightseeing and food (i'm sure you've picked up on a trend by now :D)

2016 Oct - At the end of the time in China my parents, myself, and Xuan all traveled to Canada (7 days) so that we could get married, but unfortunately his mom couldn't come along with us.

2016 Oct 08 - Wedding day on top of Mount Washington on Vancouver Island, and it had just snowed the night before. (L)(L)

2017 Jan - Fourth trip to China (7 days), you guessed it: food, family, friends, spring festival, ...

The CR-1 Process:    NOA1 - PD 27 Dec 2016 (TSC)

Spoiler

2016 Dec 21 - Sent I-130 packet (along with G-1145 for e-notification) by USPS priority mail express (1-day), but missed the pick-up so it won't actually leave till the next day

2016 Dec 23 - Delivery confirmed by USPS

2017 Jan 03 - Payment drawn from bank account

2017 Jan 04 - Text and email confirming USCIS receipt of petition, assignment to Texas Service Center for processing and SRC case number

2017 Jan 09 - Received I-797c notice of action by mail (NOA1) with assigned priority date of 27 Dec 2016

2017 ??? ......... just waiting patiently for NOA2 (hopefully by April/May if they ever stop transferring cases from Nebraska)

Timeline

Thank you so much for your response EG&XY ! :)

I read up on the link you sent me, and from what I gather, I think I should send in my documents without waiting for the DS-260.

Hopefully, that will help.

Thanks again :)

Timeline

Thank you so much for your response EG&XY ! :)

I read up on the link you sent me, and from what I gather, I think I should send in my documents without waiting for the DS-260.

Hopefully, that will help.

Thanks again :)

Timeline

Thank you very much for your reply :)

I called in at the NVC and they said that there is a system error affecting the site right now and that they are in the process of rectifying it.

I checked other threads on the forum and apparently a lot of people are having the same issues.

I have been advised to not wait for the DS-260 and send in my document packets because the draft for IV fees already cleared on 14 July, 2017.

Do you have an estimate as to how much time it takes from submitting the DS-260 to getting an immigration call? A ballpark would be a great help :)

Also, if the CSPA is calculated as the period between filing for Priority petitions and approval of the same, for us, it took about 13.5 months. Does that mean I have 13 months after turning 21 to get my immigration visa? (I am sorry but I have absolutely no knowledge in this area)

Apologies for the long texts.

Any help is truly greatly appreciated :) 

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, uv1996 said:

Do you have an estimate as to how much time it takes from submitting the DS-260 to getting an immigration call? A ballpark would be a great help

These days NVC is taking 9-12 weeks to process DS-260 forms.  If they find all information they inform of Case being completed.  If they need more document NVC send letter asking for missing and/or more information.  Unfortunately, your response to "Request for Evidence", RFE, will take several weeks before they say your Case is Complete.  Once your case is complete, your case is basically waiting for your Priority date to get current (Visa becomes available to you) and you get interview call.

For you can use CSPA calculator, http://www.***removed***/immigrant-visa/cspa-calculator/

Also, follow monthly Visa bulletin that publishes usually by 12th day of the month, https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin.html.

Timeline

Hi!

Visa category: F3

My grandfather (US citizen), our petitioner, is based in New Jersey.

My family and I are based in India.

How do I find out my service centre?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Vermont service center handles cases from New Jersey 😀 

NOA1: 3/20/2017

hardcopy: 3/24/2017

NOA2: 7/13/2017

hardcopy: 7/17/17

NVC received: 7/24/17

Embassy received: 7/31/17

Interview: 11/9/2017 APPROVED!

Visa in hand: 11/16/17

POE: 11/20/17 via Washington D.C

Married 1/19/18 via Detroit

AOS.AP.EAD packet received 4/18/18

AP.EAD Approved 10/18/18

AP.EAD in hand 11/17/2018

AOS interview scheduled 11/20/18

Timeline

Hopefully you got some progress today, seems like a lot of us got our fee statuses updated today.

Spoiler

2015 Apr - First met and started chatting online (he was in the US on a J-1 visa)

2016 Feb - First trip to China (10 days): met friends and family, celebrated Spring Festival (Chinese New Year), lots of sightseeing (including seeing pandas), and lots of food

2016 Jun/Jul - Second trip to China (10 days): lots more sightseeing, food, and time with friends/family

2016 Sep/Oct - Third trip to China (10 days) this time with my parents so that my parents could meet him and his mom, along with lots of sightseeing and food (i'm sure you've picked up on a trend by now :D)

2016 Oct - At the end of the time in China my parents, myself, and Xuan all traveled to Canada (7 days) so that we could get married, but unfortunately his mom couldn't come along with us.

2016 Oct 08 - Wedding day on top of Mount Washington on Vancouver Island, and it had just snowed the night before. (L)(L)

2017 Jan - Fourth trip to China (7 days), you guessed it: food, family, friends, spring festival, ...

Spoiler

2016 Dec 21 - Sent I-130 packet (along with G-1145 for e-notification) by USPS priority mail express (1-day), but missed the pick-up so it won't actually leave till the next day

2017 Jan 04 - Text and email confirming USCIS receipt of petition, assignment to Texas Service Center for processing and SRC case number

2017 Jan 09 - Received I-797c notice of action by mail (NOA1) with assigned priority date of 27 Dec 2016

2017 ??? ......... just waiting patiently for NOA2 (hopefully by April/May if they ever stop transferring cases from Nebraska)

Timeline
2 hours ago, EG&XY said:

Hopefully you got some progress today, seems like a lot of us got our fee statuses updated today.

Oh my god yes! Finally! Thank you so much :) 

Timeline

Also, I have an active B1/B2 visa and my DS260 is asking for my visa number. Is it the Control Number that is on the top left of the visa?

Timeline

No, it is a series of 8 numbers, but the first one may be a letter. It will likely be in red in the lower right hand corner.

81CF51DB-5234-48BF-98AD-EEB1226E67C9-1879-00000288703EDDAE.jpeg

Spoiler

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.