Mouad04

Administrative processing

36 posts in this topic

Day 49, still nothing ...

I contacted the Paris embassy and they replied with an email address containing '221gdocs'. Does that mean that my case is under 221g processing ? I rode in some forums that the consular officier gives you a colored slip during the interview. He did not give me anything. Still confused...

Edited by olive261

So yesterday, it has been 8 weeks since my interview. So I used this contact form and select the reason 'My case is under administrative processing, it has been more than 8 weeks since my interview.' So I should get a response from them within 5 business day (so until next Monday).

Parenthese told me that if the Embassy has not found any reason to reject the visa after 60 days, they simply edit it. I'm really doubtful about it, but I'll see...

If it's still in AP next week, I'll cancel everything. I can't stay in this situation, it is so annoying to me doing nothing but waiting and check the status 60 times per day...

Filed: Timeline
10 minutes ago, olive261 said:

So yesterday, it has been 8 weeks since my interview. So I used this contact form and select the reason 'My case is under administrative processing, it has been more than 8 weeks since my interview.' So I should get a response from them within 5 business day (so until next Monday).

Parenthese told me that if the Embassy has not found any reason to reject the visa after 60 days, they simply edit it. I'm really doubtful about it, but I'll see...

If it's still in AP next week, I'll cancel everything. I can't stay in this situation, it is so annoying to me doing nothing but waiting and check the status 60 times per day...

Parentheses is wrong...hopefully yours won't, but many APs take longer than 69 days.  The visa process cannot proceed until the AP is done, no matter how long it takes. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.