Mouad04

Administrative processing

36 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

I'm an engineer student in France , I have a moroccan nationality , and I applied for my visa J1 in the us embassy in Paris , i had an interview on the 19th of july,  the VO told me that i need to fill the new DS 5535 form  and that i need to send it to them by e-mail ( 221(g) visa refusal ) i sent it on 07/20 , my status on CEAC now is "administrative processing" and I'm still waiting for an answer from them , my internship starts on 09/11 and I don't know what to do to speed up their process

Thank you very much for any help.

Mouad

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Nothing you can do but wait.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2017 at 4:11 PM, Mouad04 said:

Hello everyone

I'm an engineer student in France , I have a moroccan nationality , and I applied for my visa J1 in the us embassy in Paris , i had an interview on the 19th of july,  the VO told me that i need to fill the new DS 5535 form  and that i need to send it to them by e-mail ( 221(g) visa refusal ) i sent it on 07/20 , my status on CEAC now is "administrative processing" and I'm still waiting for an answer from them , my internship starts on 09/11 and I don't know what to do to speed up their process

Thank you very much for any help.

Mouad

Hii.. What is your visa status? Did u get the Visa approval? would be please share us ur visa status update?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mouad04 said:

Hello everyone , is there any way to contact the us embassy in Paris by e-mail , I tried the contact form at their website and fax but I'm not getting any answers , Has anyone got a clue ? thank you

You need to fill out a form:

https://fr.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-section-contact-form/

~~~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Mouad04 said:

I filled three of those earlier and got no answer .... but thank you anyway

Give it some time then. You're welcome :) 

~~~

Hi Mouad04,

I also applied for a J1 Visa in Paris. I had my interview on July 11th. My application is still under Administrative Processing since the interview. My case has not been updated. It's been 36 days and my training was supposed to start at the beginning of August ... I suppose summer is a rush period and they are understaffed because of holidays. The only thing we can do is waiting...

Edited by olive261

11 hours ago, olive261 said:

Hi Mouad04,

I also applied for a J1 Visa in Paris. I had my interview on July 11th. My application is still under Administrative Processing since the interview. My case has not been updated. It's been 36 days and my training was supposed to start at the beginning of August ... I suppose summer is a rush period and they are understaffed because of holidays. The only thing we can do is waiting...

I doubt this has anything to do with being understaffed. But it is shocking that some many French people are having problems.

Filed: Timeline
On 8/16/2017 at 10:49 PM, Coco8 said:

I doubt this has anything to do with being understaffed. But it is shocking that some many French people are having problems.

First, OP is a student in France; he is a Morrocan national, not French.  Second, why is it so shocking that some French (in comparison to other nationalities) are having problems?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
14 minutes ago, jan22 said:

First, OP is a student in France; he is a Morrocan national, not French.  Second, why is it so shocking that some French (in comparison to other nationalities) are having problems?

Totally agree.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.