Ko_ko

International student in the U.K. applying for a tourist visa

59 posts in this topic

On 24/07/2017 at 10:54 PM, Going through said:

Well, I was going off your profile status on the left there listing your K-1 filing.  My future-telling skills are a bit rusty ;) 

I'm assuming you're Naturalized then?  Congrats!

Still stands to reason that the OP applying for a tourist visa from the UK as a Nigerian national is going to be in a better situation all-around if she walks into the Consulate with some documentation, rather than with just her hands swingin', as they say.

Hi can I ask a quick question? 

So can I print my boyfriend's passport just to show that he's British? 

Cause on the ds160 form I filled, I did state that he was paying for the trip.

do I also need to show his own statement of account? Or can I just give my uncle's statement since I live with him and we bear the same last name.

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Ko_ko said:

Hi can I ask a quick question? 

So can I print my boyfriend's passport just to show that he's British? 

Cause on the ds160 form I filled, I did state that he was paying for the trip.

do I also need to show his own statement of account? Or can I just give my uncle's statement since I live with him and we bear the same last name.

What does your boyfriend being British have to do with anything?

The more you post the more it looks like an easy decision for a denial.

2 minutes ago, az2014 said:

What does your boyfriend being British have to do with anything?

The more you post the more it looks like an easy decision for a denial.

Because I'm traveling with him. Just to show he's not USC.

Pardon my naivety, I've just never applied before

@Boiler

@Going through

And everyone else who offered their candid advice and support.

This is a quick update to say that I had my interview and visa approved today.

couldnt be any happier!

i wasn't even asked for any supporting document, just about my dad and how long I have been in the Uk.

Thanks very much for the thorough answers I got from everyone here.

I do appreciate :-)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ko_ko said:

@Boiler

@Going through

couldnt be any happier!

i wasn't even asked for any supporting document, just about my dad and how long I have been in the Uk.

Congratulations and enjoy your trip. 
Your case proofs that not everything is cut and dried.

Edited by Beachlover

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

39 minutes ago, Beachlover said:

Congratulations and enjoy your trip. 
Your case proofs that not everything is cut and dried.

Thank you!

Yeah I was confused when she said my visa was approved and held my passport and ds160 back, no supporting documents were checked, nothing.

I'm well glad. I was expecting the best but hoped for the worst haha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ko_ko said:

@Boiler

@Going through

couldnt be any happier!

I'm happy to hear that!  Thanks for coming back and giving a quick update because lots of times we're all left wondering "what happened?"  

(well, at least I'm left wondering)

Enjoy your trip and your time spent with your boyfriend.   NY is a fun place, make sure you visit Manhattan of course---glad the visa came in time, too!

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

22 minutes ago, Going through said:

I'm happy to hear that!  Thanks for coming back and giving a quick update because lots of times we're all left wondering "what happened?"  

(well, at least I'm left wondering)

Enjoy your trip and your time spent with your boyfriend.   NY is a fun place, make sure you visit Manhattan of course---glad the visa came in time, too!

Haha I already made a list of places to visit even before my interview, and yeah after so many years of seeing Manhattan through the T.V I'm finally gonna be there live :D

I did promise I was gonna come back and let you guys know of the outcome, whether negative or otherwise.

Thanks for all your help once again!

10 minutes ago, Ko_ko said:

Haha I already made a list of places to visit even before my interview, and yeah after so many years of seeing Manhattan through the T.V I'm finally gonna be there live :D

I did promise I was gonna come back and let you guys know of the outcome, whether negative or otherwise.

I recommend that you go up top of the rock an hour before sunset and stay for the sunset/night. Here,

https://www.topoftherocknyc.com/

The views are amazing and the ticket gives you a time so you don't have to stand in line for hours. A lot of people go up the Empire state but the view is not as great (plus, the empire state in not on the view because you are on top of it!) and the lines are looooong. I went up several times and the last time we have to wait for hours. It was such a waste of time. On the other hand, top of the rock is amazing! 

Good luck! I was pretty certain you'd get your visa!

Edited by Coco8

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Ko_ko said:

I know what you mean---the first time I came to NY I recognized all the places/building I'd seen in movies countless times before lol

It was like walking onto a movie set, in a way :) 

I forget, how long are you staying---do you know which borough you will be in, or is the hotel in Manhattan?

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

44 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

I recommend that you go up top of the rock an hour before sunset and stay for the sunset/night. Here,

https://www.topoftherocknyc.com/

The views are amazing and the ticket gives you a time so you don't have to stand in line for hours. A lot of people go up the Empire state but the view is not as great (plus, the empire state in not on the view because you are on top of it!) and the lines are looooong. I went up several times and the last time we have to wait for hours. It was such a waste of time. On the other hand, top of the rock is amazing! 

Aww thanks for that. I did check out the city pass ticket so I could add the rock to the ticket.

We are only gone for a week but it's a good thing we are gonna be in New York.

44 minutes ago, Going through said:

I know what you mean---the first time I came to NY I recognized all the places/building I'd seen in movies countless times before lol

It was like walking onto a movie set, in a way :) 

I forget, how long are you staying---do you know which borough you will be in, or is the hotel in Manhattan?

My mum once had a Statue of Liberty plate, I did say to her that I'm gonna take a picture in front of the statue someday!

We are staying for a week, he did ask me to stay longer than that but I've got other engagement back here so I can't possibly get the time off.

And we are gonna be in New York/Times Square. The hotel is in New York.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ko_ko said:

My mum once had a Statue of Liberty plate, I did say to her that I'm gonna take a picture in front of the statue someday!

We are staying for a week, he did ask me to stay longer than that but I've got other engagement back here so I can't possibly get the time off.

And we are gonna be in New York/Times Square. The hotel is in New York.

nice---right in the middle of all the action :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.