Lelyze

Gap between 2 visits to US

7 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

My mom has a 10 year Visa, she visited me twice over the last 2 years:

December 5 2015 - February 2 2016

September 27 2016- January 5 2017

I bought her a ticket to come visit me again in August 22. Do you think she will have problems? She is an older women in wheelchair, retired, and her husband is staying back home. I am not able to travel at the moment (due to work), and since I am her only daughter she really misses me to the point that she gets sick. I am also going through medical procedures and would love to have her by my side.

I don't think it will be a problem. There will be 8+ months between trips. And as you say, she is old so there is not suspicion of her wanting to find work or get married. 

You could also apply for her to move to the US. If you still have a green card it takes 2 years, but she can still visit with her visitor visa in the meantime. Once you become a citizen the process takes 1 year. 

Edited by Coco8

27 minutes ago, Lelyze said:

Hi Everyone,

My mom has a 10 year Visa, she visited me twice over the last 2 years:

December 5 2015 - February 2 2016

September 27 2016- January 5 2017

I bought her a ticket to come visit me again in August 22. Do you think she will have problems? She is an older women in wheelchair, retired, and her husband is staying back home. I am not able to travel at the moment (due to work), and since I am her only daughter she really misses me to the point that she gets sick. I am also going through medical procedures and would love to have her by my side.

There should not be a problem with her visiting like this at all. The only time people get into trouble with tourist visas are if they spend more time in the USA than they do out of it. Which in this case everything looks good. Tell her to have a good trip from those of us on VJ. 

On 7/19/2017 at 3:21 PM, cyberfx1024 said:

There should not be a problem with her visiting like this at all. The only time people get into trouble with tourist visas are if they spend more time in the USA than they do out of it. Which in this case everything looks good. Tell her to have a good trip from those of us on VJ. 

yeeeah I learned this the hard way. If you don't wait enough time after a long trip to the U.S,  you are most definitely going to be stopped by CBP :jest:

I completely advice people to do shorter trips and spend at least twice as much in your country of origin. Any frequent trip might seem suspicious. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

She should be fine.

The general guideline is to spend more time out than in in a rolling year, and to spend at least as much time outside than you had in the USA during your last visit, your mom meets both comfortably.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

No, she should have no problem. You are allowed to visit for a total of 180 days in a one year period. Her last visit started Sep 2016 and she was here just over three months so she should still have the abillty to stay for two months plus so she should have no problems.

On 7/19/2017 at 1:04 PM, Coco8 said:

You could also apply for her to move to the US. If you still have a green card it takes 2 years, but she can still visit with her visitor visa in the meantime. Once you become a citizen the process takes 1 year. 

Green card holders cannot petition for their parents to immigrate, only USCs. Green card holders can only bring spouses, minor children and unmarried adult children. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.