Maria124

Petitioner failed to declare previous marriage.

42 posts in this topic

hello. 

i cant find a thread regarding this concern... so somebody advices to make a new one.. or if you know a thread can somebody share it?

heLping someone with this problem. and shes a little torn right now.. 

so here it is.. 

-she just found out that her F has been married in his home country before coming into the US. but he said he entered in a single status. (he earned his citizenship through naturalization) and he's never been in a married status.. But they were divorced already. the bad thing is, because the F(petitioner)  dont want to remember that past he didnt declare it in I-129f.. and thought it wouldnt matter.. because that was before he earned his citizenship.. 

Now she's worried about the consequences of this situation.  

hoping somebody can help. Thanks in Advance.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

On what basis did he enter the US?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Is he now a citizen? If he already naturalized and nobody ever found out, not even during background check, who cares? The Supreme Court had a recent ruling that made harder to revoke someone's citizenship.

Sure, it is bad, but if he already naturalized there is nothing to be done.

Edited by Coco8

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

Is he now a citizen? If he already naturalized and nobody ever found out, not even during background check, who cares? The Supreme Court had a recent ruling that made harder to revoke someone's citizenship.

Don't think you read the question properly, the OP said they are worried about their petition, not the citizenship status of the petitioner.

I also don't think it's wise to lie about it or omit it. What if they find out somehow, surely they will think what else are they lying about. Should've put it on the I-129F form if you ask me.

7 minutes ago, troika said:

Don't think you read the question properly, the OP said they are worried about their petition, not the citizenship status of the petitioner.

Ok. The he/she pronouns are very confusing in the OP text. I understood the USC was a woman and the foreigner a man who had already naturalized US citizen and had lied in the forms for his initial K-1 visa.

If the K-1 has't been approved yet, it is a big problem. They do background checks and I read a few months ago that they found out this guy applying for a K-1 was already married and they denied his K-1 (obviously). For some people they even went to their house, particularly high fraud countries. In a basic background check it will appear that someone was married and got divorced.

I think this person should either get a lawyer and see if there is a way to amend the K1 application or withdraw the K1 and start over with the correct information.

And as someone else has said, the fact that the person lied to the fiance is even worse. This thing about trying to forget the past is ridiculous. Sure, everyone tries to move on my that is different to hiding the truth or lying on a legal document. This is not simply erasing  their pictures from facebook.

Edited by Coco8

17 minutes ago, Roel said:

Lying to the immigration is a pretty bad idea. 

i dont know if he means to lie or what. hehee.. but all the while he thought i think it wouldnt matter because thats before he came in the Us and earn his Citizenship 😐

17 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

he's a naturalized citizen . already.. and they filed for k1 visa

1 minute ago, Maria124 said:

i dont know if he means to lie or what. hehee.. but all the while he thought i think it wouldnt matter because thats before he came in the Us and earn his Citizenship 😐

So I was correct that this person who lied on the K1 is already a US citizen? Why are they filing a K1 if he is a US citizen? 

Who lied? The US citizen or the foreigner? You need to explain things better

Edited by Coco8

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Maria124 said:

im sorry.. by basis means?? i need to ask about that

Let us know.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

8 minutes ago, troika said:

I also don't think it's wise to lie about it or omit it. What if they find out somehow, surely they will think what else are they lying about. Should've put it on the I-129F form if you ask me.

i think so too.. but is there anything they can do?? 

3 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

Ok. The he/she pronouns are very confusing in the OP text. I understood the USC was a woman and the foreigner a man who had already naturalized US citizen and had lied in the forms for his initial K-1 visa.

If the K-1 has't been approved yet, it is a big problem. They do background checks and I read a few months ago that they found out this guy applying for a K-1 was already married and they denied his K-1 (obviously). For some people they even went to their house, particularly high fraud countries. In a basic background check it will appear that someone was married and got divorced.

I think this person should either get a lawyer and see if there is a way to amend the K1 application or withdraw the K1 and start over with the correct information.

And as someone else has said, the fact that the person lied to the fiance is even worse. This thing about trying to forget the past is ridiculous. Sure, everyone tries to move on my that is different to hiding the truth or lying on a legal document. That is different from erasing  their pictures from facebook.

i agree with the reason of trying to forget the past .. 😶 i was a little mad hearing It too.. anyways sorry to Confued things.. 

the Petitioner is He... 

and tha benefeciary is The she. sorry

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.