bluesky2830

NVC Notice of Approval

30 posts in this topic

I just called NVC and got my case number today, but when I ask about the letter from NVC the person I talked to said I won't get any notice from NVC because it's a K1 and generally they won't keep K1 fiance visa long at NVC.  Is this true or will I be getting a letter from NVC with the case number just like NOA1 & NOA2 from the USCIS?

Thanks,

Bluesky

4 minutes ago, bluesky2830 said:

I just called NVC and got my case number today, but when I ask about the letter from NVC the person I talked to said I won't get any notice from NVC because it's a K1 and generally they won't keep K1 fiance visa long at NVC.  Is this true or will I be getting a letter from NVC with the case number just like NOA1 & NOA2 from the USCIS?

Thanks,

Bluesky

They only keep k1 case at NVC around 3-7 days as far as I know this was the case in our petition, no letter received nor any emails, first letter we received since NVC was letter from US embassy in London saying schedule your interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 minutes ago, bluesky2830 said:

Thanks,

Bluesky

I am a K1 petitioner and I did receive a letter from the NVC, it arrived after our petition was already at the embassy (March 2017)  I'm not sure if their process has changed since then.

11/17/2016 - K1/I-129f Petition sent 

11/18/2016 - K1/I-129f Petition received at TX Lock box. / Fee accepted. 

11/22/2016 - NOA1 Received
02/16/2017 - NOA2 Approved 

02/18/2017 - NOA2 Letter received

03/08/2017 - NVC Received I-129f

03/09/2017 - NVC Approved 

03/10/2017 - NVC tracking number and sent to embassy

03/13/2017 - Embassy received I-129f package

04/06/2017 - Embassy Package 3 received

04/25/2017 - Medical

05/16/2017 - Interview

05/16/2017-  Approved!!! 

08/19/2017 - Arrival to JFK!

10/11/2017-  Married

11/11/2017- AOS Mailed 

11/17/2017- AOS Accepted

02/02/2018 - EAD Approved  

On 7/12/2017 at 10:06 AM, Kamya said:

Hi all,

I called NVC on 7/7/17 and they gave me the case number. How do I know if it has been redirected to Embassy. NVC keeps saying they dont have any specific time frame

If it's a K1 then NVC won't keep it there long to my knowledge.  Mine was kept at NVC for about 6 days including weekends, and it was sent to the U.S. embassy.  You can check with this site:  https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

just fill out your NVC case number then it should tell you where you case is at the moment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is 100% a letter for all K-1's from NVC. I'm looking at one from my prior case right now.

Either the NVC call center representative was lying (possibly so you don't call back asking where the letter is), misinformed or did not understand your question.

Having said that, the letter is not really needed as long as they told you your case number on the phone.

7 minutes ago, LabOz said:

There is 100% a letter for all K-1's from NVC. I'm looking at one from my prior case right now.

Either the NVC call center representative was lying (possibly so you don't call back asking where the letter is), misinformed or did not understand your question.

Having said that, the letter is not really needed as long as they told you your case number on the phone.

Not true our case left NVC 3 weeks ago no letter arrived in mail,not expecting one either 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 hours ago, GazLisa said:

Not true our case left NVC 3 weeks ago no letter arrived in mail,not expecting one either 

I did not say there is 100% chance you WILL get a letter I said that the letter DOES exist 100% and NVC does and should be issuing it. I have one in my hand.

On 12/07/2017 at 1:31 AM, bluesky2830 said:

Thanks,

Bluesky

We first got our NVC case number by calling NVC 600 number. After that we got a hardcopy letter stating the following:

NVC case number

USCIS receipt number (WAC number)

Principal applicant (beneficiary's name)

Petitioner

Interview location (embassy/consulate address)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

So far I haven't received any notice from NVC yet. My fiance has already received package 3 on Saturday.  Im go glad things are moving much faster now. 

Just got notice from USPS that I have mail from NVC today.  They are slow mailing those out, my fiance already received her package 3 Sat. July 15.

Timeline
On 7/11/2017 at 10:41 AM, Ubahsi said:

I am a K1 petitioner and I did receive a letter from the NVC, it arrived after our petition was already at the embassy (March 2017)  I'm not sure if their process has changed since then.

so what was the next step after u received the letter from nvc

Timeline
3 hours ago, ashley &jonah said:

so what was the next step after u received the letter from nvc

i mean did the beneficiary in ghana had to schedule an interview or the embassy scheduled the interview for him

Timeline
14 minutes ago, ashley &jonah said:

i mean did the beneficiary in ghana had to schedule an interview or the embassy scheduled the interview for him

After my fiance received packet 3 from the embassy I scheduled the interview on my fiance'a behalf via http://www.ustraveldocs.com/

11/17/2016 - K1/I-129f Petition sent 

11/18/2016 - K1/I-129f Petition received at TX Lock box. / Fee accepted. 

11/22/2016 - NOA1 Received
02/16/2017 - NOA2 Approved 

02/18/2017 - NOA2 Letter received

03/08/2017 - NVC Received I-129f

03/09/2017 - NVC Approved 

03/10/2017 - NVC tracking number and sent to embassy

03/13/2017 - Embassy received I-129f package

04/06/2017 - Embassy Package 3 received

04/25/2017 - Medical

05/16/2017 - Interview

05/16/2017-  Approved!!! 

08/19/2017 - Arrival to JFK!

10/11/2017-  Married

11/11/2017- AOS Mailed 

11/17/2017- AOS Accepted

02/02/2018 - EAD Approved  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.