Feanix

Scan Date to Interview - August 17 - EB visa category

701 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
11 hours ago, enigma992 said:

Finally received interview notification today. November 22nd. Yay!!!! Finally.... Will be 5 and half months since case complete and almost exactly 12 months since my case made it to the NVC.

Congratulations ! So happy for you. Best wishes!

Timeline

Anyone here  went to the interview  and needed a waiver? I am a dependent on my husband's EB3-  other workers  case.  I need a I601A and that's what we are waiting for now. I am so paranoid and anxious about situatio, having to leave for the interview is something I really struggle with.  Our lawyer keeps reassuring me, and he is confident that we will have a positive outcome, but I just can't  disconnect from our situation. Sorry guys, but I have no one else to talk to about this....

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 hours ago, enigma992 said:

Finally received interview notification today. November 22nd. Yay!!!! Finally.... Will be 5 and half months since case complete and almost exactly 12 months since my case made it to the NVC.

Wow ! Hearty Congratulations ! Really happy it came through finally.

Edited by Ebony1

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On ‎28‎-‎09‎-‎2017 at 8:51 AM, enigma992 said:

Congrats!!!!

Just to be clear, was your priority date current in September or is it just due to become current again in October? Looks like they do schedule interviews if your PD is not current if it is due to be current by the interview date.

Hi enigma992,

Did you get your interview scheduled? When is your CC date?

I did not see any message from you so wanted to check with you.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On ‎19‎-‎10‎-‎2017 at 1:55 PM, enigma992 said:

Hi enigma992,

Just saw this!

Congrats.. So happy for you......

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello everyone!

So sorry for the late note but moving countries is a ugeeeeeee hassle!

Interview was on October 5 and POE was last night.

Interview was in Sofia embassy and everything was great.  According to my husband, both local and US personnel was very friendly and were treating him as a client rather than an applicant. 

Questions were:

- when did we meet and how

- where do I work

- when did we get married

- if my husband has lived/worked in another country

- it was a huge plus I was waiting for him out

- they didn't look at much of the evidence at all and did not take it at all (including the employment letter on letterhead), but my tax filings were crucial

- embassy was very empty seems like, nothing like what it used to be in prior years when i was applying for visas

POE - ORD

- Border agent was very nice guy but he found a mistake in the visa numbering, so they sent us to a small office.  Unfortunately, over there we spent quite a while and noone really explained why.  A few of the agents were very nice but overall very intimidating.  I wish they had spent a minute explaining what they were working on so that the atmosphere was friendlier for a new immigrant.  Overall, I am happy we are all set now :)

- So far it seems that hubby likes America ;)

Good luck everyone with your future interviews and POEs!!!

Timeline
3 hours ago, tujna said:

Hello everyone!

So sorry for the late note but moving countries is a ugeeeeeee hassle!

Interview was on October 5 and POE was last night.

Interview was in Sofia embassy and everything was great.  According to my husband, both local and US personnel was very friendly and were treating him as a client rather than an applicant. 

Questions were:

- when did we meet and how

- where do I work

- when did we get married

- if my husband has lived/worked in another country

- it was a huge plus I was waiting for him out

- they didn't look at much of the evidence at all and did not take it at all (including the employment letter on letterhead), but my tax filings were crucial

- embassy was very empty seems like, nothing like what it used to be in prior years when i was applying for visas

POE - ORD

- Border agent was very nice guy but he found a mistake in the visa numbering, so they sent us to a small office.  Unfortunately, over there we spent quite a while and noone really explained why.  A few of the agents were very nice but overall very intimidating.  I wish they had spent a minute explaining what they were working on so that the atmosphere was friendlier for a new immigrant.  Overall, I am happy we are all set now :)

- So far it seems that hubby likes America ;)

Good luck everyone with your future interviews and POEs!!!

Congratulations! You must be thrilled.  Sorry  but I am a little confused, was this an family based or an employment based interview?  

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, maryLu said:

Congratulations! You must be thrilled.  Sorry  but I am a little confused, was this an family based or an employment based interview?  

Hi maryLu-

You are rightfully confused.  It is an employment case (EB) but based on family.  For you to understand, say when you get your EB-1/2/3/5, you are in EB category, and your spouse and children would be in EB category as well (if you have spouse or children).  As my husband was not in the USA when I got greened, we had to go through the consulate process.

7 minutes ago, maryLu said:

Oh, I see. Now it makes sense why they asked questions about the relationship. I am also a dependent on my husband's EB3.

My spouse is a dependant on my EB2. Based on advice from my lawyer - I am assuming they may ask questions about our relationship. Even though it is not a marriage based Green Card, I think they still want to make sure it is a genuine marriage. I imagine they might not ask at all though depending on their mood as there is not the same risk of fraud as with marriage based Green Cards.

Edited by enigma992

Timeline
1 minute ago, enigma992 said:

My spouse is a dependant on my EB2. Based on advice from my lawyer - I am assuming they may ask questions about our relationship. Even though it is not a marriage based Green Card, I think they still want to make sure it is a genuine marriage. I imagine they might not ask at all though depending on their mood as there is not the same risk of fraud as with marriage based Green Cards.

Yeah, that's what our lawyer told us too. I was a little surprised by that, but we have been married for 10 years, have four children together, no  previous marriages for either of us.  He was on F1 and I was on B1 when we got married, so  it was all love and a little bit of crazy! :)  

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
On 7/7/2017 at 6:25 PM, Feanix said:

I have created this forum for anybody within the Employment based immigrant visa category, that has made in to the NVC stage. 

Please provide the country in which you will attend the US embassy and the dates for the following: scan date (SD), case complete (CC) and interview, where available. 

Also, it would be very useful if you could update your timeline so that others in a similar circumstance can compare for reference purposes! 

Country for Interview: Mumbai, India

SD : 25 Sep 2017

Visa : EB3

PD: 15 May 2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.