14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys, wondering if there are people here from Upstate NY (Albany) that have filed for their citizenship? It would be nice to get to know each other and go through the process together!

Waiting on your replies. Please do post your timeline. 

And if you have already gone through the process, it would be amazing if you could share your experiences. 

Thanks!

Hi, good to see that you made this thread. I just joined and I filed for citizenship this June from Albany, NY yes. Gave my biometric just yesterday. What is your timeline like? How long is it going to take? Any guesses? Albany is a small office compared to the big cities- I am really really hopeful (a little too hopeful) that they will process faster.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, fzs02 said:

Hi, good to see that you made this thread. I just joined and I filed for citizenship this June from Albany, NY yes. Gave my biometric just yesterday. What is your timeline like? How long is it going to take? Any guesses? Albany is a small office compared to the big cities- I am really really hopeful (a little too hopeful) that they will process faster.

Hey there ! Nice to finally see at least one more person is applying from smallbany :D 

When did you send your form in? I just got placed in the line for interview on June 27th (send my forms in on May 26th). So hoping the interview is scheduled soon! My biometrics was on June 23rd.

23 hours ago, himalayanV said:

Hey there ! Nice to finally see at least one more person is applying from smallbany :D 

When did you send your form in? I just got placed in the line for interview on June 27th (send my forms in on May 26th). So hoping the interview is scheduled soon! My biometrics was on June 23rd.

yep smallbany :) 

Oh that is a good timeline. I sent mine on June 8th so it has been quick so far. But lets what happens. Wonder how fast or slow Albany office is. 

Timeline
On 7/6/2017 at 7:17 PM, fzs02 said:

yep smallbany :) 

Oh that is a good timeline. I sent mine on June 8th so it has been quick so far. But lets what happens. Wonder how fast or slow Albany office is. 

any update on your?:)

Timeline
8 minutes ago, fzs02 said:

i got an update today that my interview has been scheduled. :):)  they still have to mail the letter. what about you?

Wow already! Did it ever turn to in line or did it go straight to interview shceduled? I'm happy for you congratulations! Mine still says in line for interview sadly. You never know how these guys do it haha

1 hour ago, himalayanV said:

Wow already! Did it ever turn to in line or did it go straight to interview shceduled? I'm happy for you congratulations! Mine still says in line for interview sadly. You never know how these guys do it haha

yes weird huh. thank you!! not sure how they do it. but good luck to you! yours must be coming around too...

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?op6=All&op7=Albany+NY&op1=9&op2=d&op4=1&op5=&cfl=0

i had come across this chart. albany timelines don't look too bad apart from last year- hopefully this is how it will be for both of us. :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, fzs02 said:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?op6=All&op7=Albany+NY&op1=9&op2=d&op4=1&op5=&cfl=0

i had come across this chart. albany timelines don't look too bad apart from last year- hopefully this is how it will be for both of us. :)

Thank you:) looked like it used to be much faster few years ago. Are you a female? For some reason I've noticed females are scheduled sooner. 

On 7/14/2017 at 6:17 AM, himalayanV said:

Thank you:) looked like it used to be much faster few years ago. Are you a female? For some reason I've noticed females are scheduled sooner. 

yes I am- maybe!!

Timeline
On 7/15/2017 at 2:39 PM, fzs02 said:

yes I am- maybe!!

I thought so :) whats your nationality? (Sorry, didn't see this on your profile). 

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.