whyisthissohard

I-864 financial affidavit expiration date, scan/original, other questions.

2 posts in this topic

I will be direct consular filing in Manila Philippines for my Filipina wife. My question is, I am using a joint sponsor for the I-864 and want to know if they expire. The situation is, before I left for the Philippines, I had my joint sponsor fill out and sign and date the 864, which I took with me to the Philippines so I would have it when they time came. This was about 7 months ago (same tax year and all). Can I still use that to submit at the window or will they want a new more recent copy? I also have a second copy of the form, just in case, which is signed but not dated. I did this with this concern in mind, figuring I could then just carefully fill in the date when the time came. Does it matter which route I go? If I have to get entirely new forms, I read that as of 1/1/17 you can use scanned or printed signed copies and it's not even required to be original anymore?

Also, since the joint sponsor is using her income as proof, and will be submitting a tax transcript, do they need W-2 as well, and I have read conflicted info as to only the most recent tax year is required, or the last 3 years. Provided she has the transcripts and they show plenty of income, are pay stubs and bank statements REALLY still required? How about a letter from employer stating employment and salary status?

Also, on the IRS website it offers 2 types of transcript to order: "account transcript" and "return transcript". Does anyone know which one they will want to see?

Screenshot_20170702-190313.png

Screenshot_20170702-190321.png

On 7/3/2017 at 7:04 AM, Cott789 said:

I will be direct consular filing in Manila Philippines for my Filipina wife. My question is, I am using a joint sponsor for the I-864 and want to know if they expire. The situation is, before I left for the Philippines, I had my joint sponsor fill out and sign and date the 864, which I took with me to the Philippines so I would have it when they time came. This was about 7 months ago (same tax year and all). Can I still use that to submit at the window or will they want a new more recent copy? I also have a second copy of the form, just in case, which is signed but not dated. I did this with this concern in mind, figuring I could then just carefully fill in the date when the time came. Does it matter which route I go? If I have to get entirely new forms, I read that as of 1/1/17 you can use scanned or printed signed copies and it's not even required to be original anymore?

Also, since the joint sponsor is using her income as proof, and will be submitting a tax transcript, do they need W-2 as well, and I have read conflicted info as to only the most recent tax year is required, or the last 3 years. Provided she has the transcripts and they show plenty of income, are pay stubs and bank statements REALLY still required? How about a letter from employer stating employment and salary status?

Also, on the IRS website it offers 2 types of transcript to order: "account transcript" and "return transcript". Does anyone know which one they will want to see?

Screenshot_20170702-190313.png

Screenshot_20170702-190321.png

I believe yo need to present a latest signed copy of the form.  A completely signed form in which the given expiration date in the upper right corner is not yet expired.   Hope this helps.  God bless to your paper works. 

Our Family 

Joshua, a music lover, and Tennessee born guy met Lady Lyn, a Filipina in an online Yahoo Christian Chat while both of them were praising God in a different way.  The latter was bullied by some chatters, and courageous Joshua rescued her like a damsel in distress, that was where a new chapter of life begun with the two of them. Their marriage is blessed in many forms including of rewarding them with a beautiful and joyful baby girl named Abigail Exodus Haltom which named perfectly represents their love and life story as a family.

VisaJourney is always a part of where we are as a family, so THANK YOU!!!  

"To give back, you can message us here for your Fiancee, IR1/CR1 visa or DCF related inquiry or visit us in the following social medias."  

Instagram

Twitter

FB Page

www.haltomfamily.wordpress.com

Our DCF Journey 

Our K1 to I-130 Application Journey

DCF I-130 US Embassy Manila Application to Approval

Our assurance is God’s words.

But as for you, be strong and courageous, for your work will be rewarded.” -2 Chronicles 15:7

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.