PedroDaGr8

July 2017 AOS Fillers

2,071 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 19.03.2018 at 1:15 PM, Kirk&Kean said:

Oh wow, that is a bummer. Sorry to hear that. But at least you sort of know your EAD got approved. Though not having it really sucks as you can't really renew your driving license nor start working. Did you sign up for USPS Informed Delivery service? It is a free service where you can link your address to your email account, all incoming mails / packages will be tracked and you will be able to know what is coming your way before it even arrives, that way you can anticipate which day to sign for any particular package or mail you think is important.

Regarding the wait 10 days, 2 weeks and 30 days, are you referring to service requests that you raised? Or did you call the tier 2 USCIS officer to inquire about your EAD and they said they will get back to you within those time-frame? What the hell, 60 days from the date of letter, if your EAD is approved on Nov 15, I imagine your EAD issue date starts around Nov 18/Nov 22. If they are gonna mail you another one, they better not mail the Nov issues one and reproduce a new one by putting it in Mar/April. It wonder if your EAD got returned to the USCIS or it went missing. Did you file a report at your local USCIS office to inquire about that?

I am trying to decide if I should wait til my 3rd Service Request expire before I call to USCIS asking to speak to tier 2 officer to inquire about the progress or what is the hold-back for my EAD...

Yes. It's all was about waiting for card redelivery. Just a bunch of liers. I get a feeling that I will receive nothing on date April 27. Oh and I already asked about card and they told they can only issue me the one, they produced in November and I will have to renew it at least three month before the expiration date. So that part sucks a lot. I really getting a feeling I will get it AFTER I will receive my greencard. Which is hopefully will be around summer. 

Oh and congratulations on your case. Good to hear that you have updates 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Hi everyone,

We had our interview on March 8 so it's been couple weeks. We walked out from there with hope but now I am getting nervous. 
So we send I 130 in may and then filed I 485 in July, I 130 was approved and send to National Visa Center long before our interview.  The interview went okay and officer told us that our case looks good but he can not make a decision without I 130  with our case because it is still in National visa center and gave us paperwork that case is under review. He said that he probably will need to get that lost I 130 before he can aprove.  Ad I check that we filed everything right with US address. We thought it will be quick but now it does't seem like it. Also no updates online, it still says ready for interview..

Anyone in the same situation? Or maybe know how long it can take?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I was hoping someone can help us accurately answer these questions from our accountant. My husband entered the US from Australia early June 2017, He received his Green Card this week (in 2018) but was in limbo all of 2017: So what are the accurate answers to the below questions. 

Figured this forum is having to answer similar questions :) 

1. Visa type or immigration status on last day of 2017? (I believe this is Alien Resident?)

2. Immigration status if no visa?

3. Date visa type or immigration status changed?

1. Nature of change?

Thanks for your help as always! 

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey all,

It's been a while. My husband had his green card interview a couple of weeks ago. He was approved on the spot. He physically received his green card 1 week after the interview. I'm so glad it's over, would I do it again? No, I wouldn't. I caution any American citizen about marrying someone from a country that is considered "third world". What I've now learned is people will morphed into a different person, just to get out of a country like Jamaica. Then once they get to America, you truly see their true colors. I know this isn't the story for all, but unfortunately it's for some of us. Good luck everyone!!! 

K-1 VISA

10/14/16-1-129F application mailed to Dallas, TX

10/21/16-NOA1 via text and email

10/31/16-NOA1 hard copy received, name misspelled, contacted USCIS

11/09/16-NOA2. Received text stating case was updated. Checked USCIS website, case listed as approved

12/07/16-NVC case number received

12/08/16-CEAC status: READY

01/25/17-Medical completed

02/21/17-Interview-approved pending medical 

03/02/17-Visa issued

03/09/17-Visa in hand

05/12/17-POE-Atlanta

06/17/17-Wedding 

AOS

07/01/17-AOS, EAD, and AP application mailed to Chicago, IL via USPS

07/05/17-Packet delivered

07/19/17-3 text/email for AOS, EAD, and AP

07/24/17-NOA1 Hardcopy of AOS,EAD,AP received in mail

07/28/17-Received biometrics appointment letter

08/10/17-Biometrics appointment-completed for AOS & EAD

10/04/17-EAD/AP approved

10/10/17-Received approval letter for EAD/AP 

10/13/17-Received EAD/AP card in mail

03/12/18-Green card interview. Approved on the spot

03/17/18-Received green card in the mail.  

On 3/4/2018 at 10:55 PM, seattlejord said:

Funny...I'm in that exact situation. Canadian here in Seattle, filed in July. Haven't heard a thing since July 19. I expect the office in Tukwila is one of the slowest in the country. 

On 3/4/2018 at 10:52 PM, Rhemalove said:

Is anyone here from Canada filing for Adjustment of status  in July 2017 in Seattle Washington?  If so anyone get their interview date yet?  It seems to be such slow going?

Canadian here, but I filed from Texas. Got my EAD card after an expedite in September, interview notice in the mail in February and was just approved for a 2 year GC on the spot in today's interview in Texas.

Had my interview today and was approved on the spot for 2 year GC. Interview was in San Antonio and fairly informal. Started 30 minutes late and went for about 50 minutes total, but alot of that time was talking about non-related stuff. Wanted copies of our ID's and passports but didn't ask many questions besides the yes/no ones.

Kept joint lease copy, car insurance, joint bank statements, joint tax return, wedding venue contract and photos to put in our file. Told us we should be getting the card in the mail in a few weeks!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Natreezy said:

Had my interview today and was approved on the spot for 2 year GC. Interview was in San Antonio and fairly informal. Started 30 minutes late and went for about 50 minutes total, but alot of that time was talking about non-related stuff. Wanted copies of our ID's and passports but didn't ask many questions besides the yes/no ones.

Kept joint lease copy, car insurance, joint bank statements, joint tax return, wedding venue contract and photos to put in our file. Told us we should be getting the card in the mail in a few weeks!

Congratulations on your approval! I checked your timeline. Wow! It was unbelievably fast for TX. Very happy for you. I don't even hope to get my interview scheduled anytime soon.  

2 hours ago, JSWH said:

Congratulations on your approval! I checked your timeline. Wow! It was unbelievably fast for TX. Very happy for you. I don't even hope to get my interview scheduled anytime soon.  

Well we just moved to Texas from Oklahoma, but I agree it was really fast. Our documents were originally sent from Oklahoma to the Chicago Lockbox and handled in the Missouri Service Center if I remember correctly.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Natreezy said:

Well we just moved to Texas from Oklahoma, but I agree it was really fast. Our documents were originally sent from Oklahoma to the Chicago Lockbox and handled in the Missouri Service Center if I remember correctly.

Just curious, how long after you filed from Oklahoma before you move to Texas? We've been wanting to move to the East Coast for my choice of universities, but our attorney told us to stay put in AZ until green card gets approved. Due to our response of RFIE was replied in Jan even though we filed in Jul 2017, I can't anticipate my interview notice anymore, I am hoping to get the interview/green card before Fall so we can move to the East Coast, I just got my work permit recently (imagine how late it got delayed lol). I want to get to the East Coast to work and live 1 year to establish the residency before I apply to return to school full-time in Fall 2019. But we are worried that if we don't get the interview notice or if the date of interview is scheduled far beyond Aug/Sep, we are thinking to move and have the case transfer to PA. It probably will further delays the interview date in PA as they need to forward the case + assign new officers to look into our case.

Spoiler

K1

Oct 07, 2016 - I-129F Sent | Oct 14, 2016 - NOA1
Nov 08, 2016 - NOA2 | Dec 02, 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned
Dec 09, 2016 - Case left NVC to US Embassy in KL, Malaysia | Dec 16, 2016 - Consulate in KL confirm case has been received
Dec 30, 2016 - Packet 3 Received | Jan 31, 2017 - Medical Exam & Vaccination
Mar 02, 2017 - Interview at US Embassy in KL (Interview Schedule was flexible as instructed on the Packet 3) | Mar 06, 2017 - Collect Passport at selected destination (Visa was approved on the interview day)
June 09, 2017 - Arrival in U.S. POE | June 17, 2017 - Marriage in Santa Rosa, CA - Honeymoon in SF ~ | June 28, 2017 - Officially relocated to Yuma, Arizona

Spoiler

AOS - Days including RFE pausing period |  Timeline resets to Day 1 after response of RFE | Days from filing date but exclude RFE pausing period
July 14, 2017 - Mailed AOS packet to Chicago (i-485, i-765, i-131) | July 18, 2017 - Packet Received (Day 1)  | July 24, 2017 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP  (Day 6)
July 28, 2017 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy (AoS,EAD,AP) and Biometric Appointment Letter (Day 10) | Aug 17, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment Completed (Day 30)
Oct 27, 2017 - Request for Initial Evidence Letter Issued by USCIS (i-864) - RFE  (Day 101) (All cases are paused on this day, shall be resumed as soon as USCIS received response of RFIE)
Oct 30, 2017 - RFE Post-stamp date (Day 104) | Nov 2, 2017 - Received RFE Hardcopy (87 days were given to respond) (Day 107)
Nov 6, 2017 - Consultation with an Immigration Attorney (Decided to hire the Attorney to represent us to prepare the RFE(Day 111)
Jan 20, 2018 - According to our Attorney, the package is mailed out via USPS Priority Express (Day 186)
Jan 23, 2018 - Received Proof of Delivery from USPS that the package has arrived at 10:05am and signed by "M Sievers" (Day 189) (Responded by Day 86 since the Post-Stamp is dated on Oct 30)
Jan 26, 2018 - USCIS changed the  Case Status for i-485 to Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received (Day 192) (Assuming USCIS count this as official received date and reset my case - Day 1)

Mar 19, 2018 - Called the USCIS Hotline, spoke to a tier-1 USCIS Officer, explained about SRs raised not being responded despite 30 days have passed for at least 2 SRs, 3rd SR is still pending for response. Tier-1 Officer intended to forward my call to Tier-2 Officer, but due to high vol of calls, I was recommended to call back the same day 6pm or following day 8am.  (Day 244) (Day 52)

Mar 20, 2018 -  Intended to call USCIS by 8am,  but noticed I got notification about case update : EAD"We are producing your card and will mail it to you... it may take up to 120 days".  AP: "We've approved your case "Read the notice we mailed you for more information". (Day 245) (Day 53) (Day 154)
Mar 22, 2018 - Called to USCIS request for speaking to Tier-2 Officer just to check on the progress of my EAD, was told my Combo Card has been produced effectively today.Case status for EAD updated in the evening: "We mailed your card to you, The U.S. Postal Service will deliver it." Day 247) (Day 55) (Day 156) | Mar 23, 2018 - Received hardcopy NOA2 for EAD and AP. (Day 248) (Day 56) (Day 157)
Mar 24, 2018 - Surprised to find my EAD AP Combo Card arrived at the mailbox, Yay! (Day 249) (Day 57) (Day 158) | June 11, 2018 - Filed AR-11 Change Of Address via online system (along with case receipt number) due to relocation (Day 328) (Day 136) (Day 237)
June 12, 2018 - Called USCIS to verify address, 15-30 days for the new address to be reflected into their system and I should expect an email/mail update. (Day 329) (Day 137) (Day 238)
June 13, 2018 - Sponsor has to file Form i-866 Change Of Address due to the i-865 form was filed with the old address, mail it to the address indicated on the website. (Day 330) (Day 138) (Day 239)
Sep 25, 2018 - Mailed EAD/AP Renewal Package via USPS to Chicago. (Day 434) (Day 242) (Day 343)
Oct 4, 2018 - AOS status change to - Interview was being scheduled on Oct 4, 2018. I truly believe this is due to the EAD/AP Renewal triggered them to look into when was my AOS filing date. (Day 443) (Day 251) (Day 352)
Oct 19, 2018 - Scheduled InfoPass Appointment in local field office (Philadelphia), check with Officer why is our interview scheduled at former address, was told we did our part, filed change of address on time, everything in system shows up correct, he has no idea why but told us to go ahead and mail a letter to the interview location field office (Imperial County, CA - closer to Yuma,AZ our former address). (Day 458) (Day 266) (Day 367)
Oct 22, 2018 - Mailed off the letter to the field office which have our initial green card interview appointment, to request for transfer of case. (Day 461) (Day 269) (Day 370). Field Office Imperial County received our letter on Oct 25. (Day 464) (Day 272) (Day 373).
Oct 30, 2018 - Call USCIS hotline number spoke to Tier 1 CSRep, request to file a Service Request for transfer of our case due to wrong state of residency and jurisdiction. SR filed via phone. (Day 469) (Day 277) (Day 378).
Nov 8,  2018 - Infopass appt with FieldOffice(Philly), verify case transfer. Was told our file has left Arizona since Nov 5, 2018, en-route to Philly. Was told Interview scheduling = first come first serve basis. May delay up to 6-8months. (Day 478) (Day 286) (Day 387).
Jun 14, 2019 - No news on AOS despite being told in Mar19 that we should expect interview scheduled letter, however, after filing 2 SRs of beyond normal processing time for EAD-Renewal - on this date, case status updated to New Card is being produced. (Day 696) (Day 504) (Day 605).

Jul 12, 2019 - Noticed of Interview Prepared and Mailed Out (We did not get any Case Stats Update). (Day 724) (Day 532) (Day 633). Jul 22, 2019 - Interview Letter appeared in our Mailbox suddenly, after I filed for beyond normal processing time a week ago.(Day 734) (Day 542) (Day 643).
Aug 12, 2019 - Interview Date - within 5 minutes of entering the Room, nicely greeted by a very friendly officer, she told us she already liked us by reading our case, she mention it is an easy approve for us (Brought new i-693MedExam as mine is expired). (Day 755) (Day 563) (Day 664).
Aug 21, 2019 - AOS Case Status updated to Approved + Ordered New Card Production. (Day 764) (Day 572) (Day 673). Aug 24, 2019 - Received Hardcopy of NOA 2 Approval Notice for AOS(Day 767) (Day 575) (Day 676).
Aug 27, 2019 - GC shows up at USPS Informed Delivery shows Expected Delivery Date on Aug 29. (Day 773) (Day 581) (Day 682). 
Aug 28, 2019 - GC arrived a day early than the expected delivery date. (Issued date is 8/21 - best birthday gift ever!!) (Day 774) (Day 582) (Day 683)

Timeline
6 hours ago, Kirk&Kean said:

Just curious, how long after you filed from Oklahoma before you move to Texas? We've been wanting to move to the East Coast for my choice of universities, but our attorney told us to stay put in AZ until green card gets approved. Due to our response of RFIE was replied in Jan even though we filed in Jul 2017, I can't anticipate my interview notice anymore, I am hoping to get the interview/green card before Fall so we can move to the East Coast, I just got my work permit recently (imagine how late it got delayed lol). I want to get to the East Coast to work and live 1 year to establish the residency before I apply to return to school full-time in Fall 2019. But we are worried that if we don't get the interview notice or if the date of interview is scheduled far beyond Aug/Sep, we are thinking to move and have the case transfer to PA. It probably will further delays the interview date in PA as they need to forward the case + assign new officers to look into our case.

I am not sure but when I was in field office in December, the officer told me that my i485 is still in NBC. I moved in the end of December to TX and he told me not to worry about the delay because apparently it wasn't transferred to the local office yet. So I don't know how it works. Do you get any mail saying your case was transferred? Or anything? I didn't hear from them since October, when they received my response for RFE. If you are not 100% sure that your case got transferred over I think you could verify that with USCIS and move. But again, I am not sure how accurate that information. People in USCIS that I'm dealing lately with are full of sh#t

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
4 hours ago, leymanai said:

I am not sure but when I was in field office in December, the officer told me that my i485 is still in NBC. I moved in the end of December to TX and he told me not to worry about the delay because apparently it wasn't transferred to the local office yet. So I don't know how it works. Do you get any mail saying your case was transferred? Or anything? I didn't hear from them since October, when they received my response for RFE. If you are not 100% sure that your case got transferred over I think you could verify that with USCIS and move. But again, I am not sure how accurate that information. People in USCIS that I'm dealing lately with are full of sh#t

I think you have mistaken my question thinking it was for you, it was meant for another member if you look at the "quote" box of my original post. No, we haven't moved yet, our case was filed on 18th July 17, few days earlier than you, but due to the RFIE responded in Jan, the case would only resume from there, so I have expected some delay on this. Suspect our case is still with NBC probably performing background check and etc, once it is ready to be scheduled for interview, they will forward the case to local office closest to the applicant's address in their system, in my case, Yuma AZ is listed in the Local Office of Phoenix, AZ. Last I checked yesterday about the "Immigration timeline" in Phoenix AZ filing AOS from K1, I think they Phoenix local office is working on Mar 2017's cases. So even if they forward my case as of now to the Local office from NBC, I'd probably still have to wait for at least a couple months before it is my turn. It all depends on how long the queue is, and they go by filing dates of files on hand. But if you files are being held in NBC, then the local office in TX will not have yours, perhaps they are still working on background check and other stuff.

Apparently, someone in NBC updated the wrong case information of my EAD to my i-485, I received notification on my phone, today my i-485 case status turns into error and cannot be found in the system. So I have made a call to USCIS, set an appointment for call-back from Tier-2 to speak with. There was like at least 3-4 updates on my i-485 Receipt Number Case Status, one of which indicates the information that was meant for my EAD's case status, then got changed back to the original context, the worst is the final update changed it to "Card was mailed to me" which my EAD was recently mailed to me on Mar 22, but not the green card. I just don't want my case to disappear from the system.

I've called USCIS at least twice or three times for the recent 2 weeks, I don't think they are shitty, at least not from my experience. Most of the time they are very helpful, if your case have passed beyond normal processing time + raising SR and never get responded within 30 days, you can call and relay that info to the Tier-1 so that they can forward you to the Tier-2. Tier-2 Officer can look into the system and provide much better detailed information about what actions have been carried out lately to your case. For example: my EAD case status was never updated until last night. But when I called last week, the USCIS Tier-2 could tell me "good news" your card is being produced effectively today, let me check if it has been mailed out so that I can provide you with the Tracking Number. After checking, it hasn't been mailed out yet so he said it'll be mailed out soon and told me to just wait for maybe a couple weeks. Surprised to find the card arrived in my mailbox literally the following day.

In my opinion, people should only raise SR and not call all the time regarding their case update if it has only been within 90 days of filing date. My case was way beyond 180 days, and all I did was raising SRs, it was after 3 SRs raised not being responded, then I decided to call to inquire about the progress of my EAD. Also, bear in mind that, even though they have their operation SLA set to try to complete cases within 90-180 days of filing date, it doesn't apply to complicated cases like i-485, because officers have to understand each applicant and petitioner's background and make sure it isn't some kind of arranged-marriage. Imagine the information they have to go through by the piles of documents we submit. I dare to say just my i-485 itself contain more than 200 pages of supporting docs. When it gets to financial part, it becomes even more complicated.

In addition, I also understand why most of the calls are routed to the CS dptment Tier-1 first and not to USCIS directly. The reason being is, imagine if you are working in the USCIS Center, your daily workload already includes reviewing cases, reading piles of docs, trying to make decision, but imagine the number of incoming calls from applicants/petitioners on a daily basis trying to reach Tier-2 to talk to them. I have seen so many people abusing the call within "75" days of filing date. Just to hopefully expedite their cases. People should try to be much more understandable. My attorney even informed us to be expected to only receive my EAD 6 months from response of RFE date due to there is backlog, and she even heard it from other friends of hers that most of their clients are only getting the EAD around 120-180 days from filing dates.

Spoiler

K1

Oct 07, 2016 - I-129F Sent | Oct 14, 2016 - NOA1
Nov 08, 2016 - NOA2 | Dec 02, 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned
Dec 09, 2016 - Case left NVC to US Embassy in KL, Malaysia | Dec 16, 2016 - Consulate in KL confirm case has been received
Dec 30, 2016 - Packet 3 Received | Jan 31, 2017 - Medical Exam & Vaccination
Mar 02, 2017 - Interview at US Embassy in KL (Interview Schedule was flexible as instructed on the Packet 3) | Mar 06, 2017 - Collect Passport at selected destination (Visa was approved on the interview day)
June 09, 2017 - Arrival in U.S. POE | June 17, 2017 - Marriage in Santa Rosa, CA - Honeymoon in SF ~ | June 28, 2017 - Officially relocated to Yuma, Arizona

Spoiler

AOS - Days including RFE pausing period |  Timeline resets to Day 1 after response of RFE | Days from filing date but exclude RFE pausing period
July 14, 2017 - Mailed AOS packet to Chicago (i-485, i-765, i-131) | July 18, 2017 - Packet Received (Day 1)  | July 24, 2017 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP  (Day 6)
July 28, 2017 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy (AoS,EAD,AP) and Biometric Appointment Letter (Day 10) | Aug 17, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment Completed (Day 30)
Oct 27, 2017 - Request for Initial Evidence Letter Issued by USCIS (i-864) - RFE  (Day 101) (All cases are paused on this day, shall be resumed as soon as USCIS received response of RFIE)
Oct 30, 2017 - RFE Post-stamp date (Day 104) | Nov 2, 2017 - Received RFE Hardcopy (87 days were given to respond) (Day 107)
Nov 6, 2017 - Consultation with an Immigration Attorney (Decided to hire the Attorney to represent us to prepare the RFE(Day 111)
Jan 20, 2018 - According to our Attorney, the package is mailed out via USPS Priority Express (Day 186)
Jan 23, 2018 - Received Proof of Delivery from USPS that the package has arrived at 10:05am and signed by "M Sievers" (Day 189) (Responded by Day 86 since the Post-Stamp is dated on Oct 30)
Jan 26, 2018 - USCIS changed the  Case Status for i-485 to Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received (Day 192) (Assuming USCIS count this as official received date and reset my case - Day 1)

Mar 19, 2018 - Called the USCIS Hotline, spoke to a tier-1 USCIS Officer, explained about SRs raised not being responded despite 30 days have passed for at least 2 SRs, 3rd SR is still pending for response. Tier-1 Officer intended to forward my call to Tier-2 Officer, but due to high vol of calls, I was recommended to call back the same day 6pm or following day 8am.  (Day 244) (Day 52)

Mar 20, 2018 -  Intended to call USCIS by 8am,  but noticed I got notification about case update : EAD"We are producing your card and will mail it to you... it may take up to 120 days".  AP: "We've approved your case "Read the notice we mailed you for more information". (Day 245) (Day 53) (Day 154)
Mar 22, 2018 - Called to USCIS request for speaking to Tier-2 Officer just to check on the progress of my EAD, was told my Combo Card has been produced effectively today.Case status for EAD updated in the evening: "We mailed your card to you, The U.S. Postal Service will deliver it." Day 247) (Day 55) (Day 156) | Mar 23, 2018 - Received hardcopy NOA2 for EAD and AP. (Day 248) (Day 56) (Day 157)
Mar 24, 2018 - Surprised to find my EAD AP Combo Card arrived at the mailbox, Yay! (Day 249) (Day 57) (Day 158) | June 11, 2018 - Filed AR-11 Change Of Address via online system (along with case receipt number) due to relocation (Day 328) (Day 136) (Day 237)
June 12, 2018 - Called USCIS to verify address, 15-30 days for the new address to be reflected into their system and I should expect an email/mail update. (Day 329) (Day 137) (Day 238)
June 13, 2018 - Sponsor has to file Form i-866 Change Of Address due to the i-865 form was filed with the old address, mail it to the address indicated on the website. (Day 330) (Day 138) (Day 239)
Sep 25, 2018 - Mailed EAD/AP Renewal Package via USPS to Chicago. (Day 434) (Day 242) (Day 343)
Oct 4, 2018 - AOS status change to - Interview was being scheduled on Oct 4, 2018. I truly believe this is due to the EAD/AP Renewal triggered them to look into when was my AOS filing date. (Day 443) (Day 251) (Day 352)
Oct 19, 2018 - Scheduled InfoPass Appointment in local field office (Philadelphia), check with Officer why is our interview scheduled at former address, was told we did our part, filed change of address on time, everything in system shows up correct, he has no idea why but told us to go ahead and mail a letter to the interview location field office (Imperial County, CA - closer to Yuma,AZ our former address). (Day 458) (Day 266) (Day 367)
Oct 22, 2018 - Mailed off the letter to the field office which have our initial green card interview appointment, to request for transfer of case. (Day 461) (Day 269) (Day 370). Field Office Imperial County received our letter on Oct 25. (Day 464) (Day 272) (Day 373).
Oct 30, 2018 - Call USCIS hotline number spoke to Tier 1 CSRep, request to file a Service Request for transfer of our case due to wrong state of residency and jurisdiction. SR filed via phone. (Day 469) (Day 277) (Day 378).
Nov 8,  2018 - Infopass appt with FieldOffice(Philly), verify case transfer. Was told our file has left Arizona since Nov 5, 2018, en-route to Philly. Was told Interview scheduling = first come first serve basis. May delay up to 6-8months. (Day 478) (Day 286) (Day 387).
Jun 14, 2019 - No news on AOS despite being told in Mar19 that we should expect interview scheduled letter, however, after filing 2 SRs of beyond normal processing time for EAD-Renewal - on this date, case status updated to New Card is being produced. (Day 696) (Day 504) (Day 605).

Jul 12, 2019 - Noticed of Interview Prepared and Mailed Out (We did not get any Case Stats Update). (Day 724) (Day 532) (Day 633). Jul 22, 2019 - Interview Letter appeared in our Mailbox suddenly, after I filed for beyond normal processing time a week ago.(Day 734) (Day 542) (Day 643).
Aug 12, 2019 - Interview Date - within 5 minutes of entering the Room, nicely greeted by a very friendly officer, she told us she already liked us by reading our case, she mention it is an easy approve for us (Brought new i-693MedExam as mine is expired). (Day 755) (Day 563) (Day 664).
Aug 21, 2019 - AOS Case Status updated to Approved + Ordered New Card Production. (Day 764) (Day 572) (Day 673). Aug 24, 2019 - Received Hardcopy of NOA 2 Approval Notice for AOS(Day 767) (Day 575) (Day 676).
Aug 27, 2019 - GC shows up at USPS Informed Delivery shows Expected Delivery Date on Aug 29. (Day 773) (Day 581) (Day 682). 
Aug 28, 2019 - GC arrived a day early than the expected delivery date. (Issued date is 8/21 - best birthday gift ever!!) (Day 774) (Day 582) (Day 683)

Timeline
2 hours ago, Kirk&Kean said:

I think you have mistaken my question thinking it was for you, it was meant for another member if you look at the "quote" box of my original post. No, we haven't moved yet, our case was filed on 18th July 17, few days earlier than you, but due to the RFIE responded in Jan, the case would only resume from there, so I have expected some delay on this. Suspect our case is still with NBC probably performing background check and etc, once it is ready to be scheduled for interview, they will forward the case to local office closest to the applicant's address in their system, in my case, Yuma AZ is listed in the Local Office of Phoenix, AZ. Last I checked yesterday about the "Immigration timeline" in Phoenix AZ filing AOS from K1, I think they Phoenix local office is working on Mar 2017's cases. So even if they forward my case as of now to the Local office from NBC, I'd probably still have to wait for at least a couple months before it is my turn. It all depends on how long the queue is, and they go by filing dates of files on hand. But if you files are being held in NBC, then the local office in TX will not have yours, perhaps they are still working on background check and other stuff.

Apparently, someone in NBC updated the wrong case information of my EAD to my i-485, I received notification on my phone, today my i-485 case status turns into error and cannot be found in the system. So I have made a call to USCIS, set an appointment for call-back from Tier-2 to speak with. There was like at least 3-4 updates on my i-485 Receipt Number Case Status, one of which indicates the information that was meant for my EAD's case status, then got changed back to the original context, the worst is the final update changed it to "Card was mailed to me" which my EAD was recently mailed to me on Mar 22, but not the green card. I just don't want my case to disappear from the system.

I've called USCIS at least twice or three times for the recent 2 weeks, I don't think they are shitty, at least not from my experience. Most of the time they are very helpful, if your case have passed beyond normal processing time + raising SR and never get responded within 30 days, you can call and relay that info to the Tier-1 so that they can forward you to the Tier-2. Tier-2 Officer can look into the system and provide much better detailed information about what actions have been carried out lately to your case. For example: my EAD case status was never updated until last night. But when I called last week, the USCIS Tier-2 could tell me "good news" your card is being produced effectively today, let me check if it has been mailed out so that I can provide you with the Tracking Number. After checking, it hasn't been mailed out yet so he said it'll be mailed out soon and told me to just wait for maybe a couple weeks. Surprised to find the card arrived in my mailbox literally the following day.

In my opinion, people should only raise SR and not call all the time regarding their case update if it has only been within 90 days of filing date. My case was way beyond 180 days, and all I did was raising SRs, it was after 3 SRs raised not being responded, then I decided to call to inquire about the progress of my EAD. Also, bear in mind that, even though they have their operation SLA set to try to complete cases within 90-180 days of filing date, it doesn't apply to complicated cases like i-485, because officers have to understand each applicant and petitioner's background and make sure it isn't some kind of arranged-marriage. Imagine the information they have to go through by the piles of documents we submit. I dare to say just my i-485 itself contain more than 200 pages of supporting docs. When it gets to financial part, it becomes even more complicated.

In addition, I also understand why most of the calls are routed to the CS dptment Tier-1 first and not to USCIS directly. The reason being is, imagine if you are working in the USCIS Center, your daily workload already includes reviewing cases, reading piles of docs, trying to make decision, but imagine the number of incoming calls from applicants/petitioners on a daily basis trying to reach Tier-2 to talk to them. I have seen so many people abusing the call within "75" days of filing date. Just to hopefully expedite their cases. People should try to be much more understandable. My attorney even informed us to be expected to only receive my EAD 6 months from response of RFE date due to there is backlog, and she even heard it from other friends of hers that most of their clients are only getting the EAD around 120-180 days from filing dates.

No. I'm sure I did not make a mistake. I saw your message and gave you my opinion. While your case is in NBC, you cam move no problem. Anyways that what I was told. 

I agree with you though. There are good people and very informative and helpful. I am still waiting for i485 interview or decision. But I don't care. I can wait whatever time it will take. I am just annoyed that for the money we are all paying for documents to be accepted, we would all expect better service. I'm just judging from my experience with EAD. Like I mentioned before, card was mailed back to NBC as undeliverable. I went to field office and officer said that he filed SR. And card will be with me in 10 days. 10 days later I came back and another officer told me there is no SR recorded. He placed another one and told me to come back in 10 days. After that I left another 3 SRs and all of them were ignored. I guess one of those were replied because I got a letter asking to give them another 60 days. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey, all. I just found out that there is another USCIS tracker that updates more often than the USCIS.gov.

Here is the link: 

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

On my uscis.gov account, it has not updated since October for I-485 ( RFIE was mailed ) and Case was received for EAD and AP ( I already got my combo card since Dec ). 

And when I made an account with the link above, it says on my I-485 that they were scheduling my interview ( dated Dec 6, 2017 ).

It's been almost 4 months from that date, has anyone experience this? Their case said scheduling interview and still waiting for it?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ehri&Mark said:

Hey, all. I just found out that there is another USCIS tracker that updates more often than the USCIS.gov.

Here is the link: 

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

On my uscis.gov account, it has not updated since October for I-485 ( RFIE was mailed ) and Case was received for EAD and AP ( I already got my combo card since Dec ). 

And when I made an account with the link above, it says on my I-485 that they were scheduling my interview ( dated Dec 6, 2017 ).

It's been almost 4 months from that date, has anyone experience this? Their case said scheduling interview and still waiting for it?

better call them to make sure. But from my own experience, they taking their time to update and information or schedule an interview. I suggest to talk with tier 2 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Ehri&Mark said:

My case has been "scheduling for an interview" since September 22, 2017. Don't worry, it means only that your case has been transferred to your local USCIS office and is waiting in a big pile of other cases when someone will start working on it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.