PedroDaGr8

July 2017 AOS Fillers

2,071 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, Raymond_CA said:

Congrats! Did your USCIS online status update to "We sent you a letter with your schedule"? I also filed i485 on July 31 2017. No interview yet.

July 31 here as well— no interview. What office are you waiting on? We’re New Orleans. 

6 minutes ago, Raymond_CA said:

7 minutes ago, sallymcp said:

July 31 here as well— no interview. What office are you waiting on? We’re New Orleans. 

DId you get your interview waived?

Edited by Selma and Nermin

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, Raymond_CA said:

Congrats! Did your USCIS online status update to "We sent you a letter with your schedule"? I also filed i485 on July 31 2017. No interview yet.

Thank you. We only got the USCIS online update (no email or text message). It said the following:

“On June 12, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXX. 

We will mail you an interview notice.”

We received the interview mail yesterday, June 18th so took about a week for us to receive the mail with interview date on it. Since you filed on same date hopefully you receive it this week since same office.

April 22, 2020 - I-751 sent

April 23, 2020 - I-751 received at Lockbox 

April 29, 2020 - Check cashed
??? - didn’t receive text or email confirmation. Ugh!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

AoS renewal questions— I’m stressing!

1. What was my husband’s status at last entry if he came in on a combo card?

2. What is his current immigration status?

Thanks in advance!

Timeline

I'm not a K-1 filer but this is the closest thread I could find.  I sent in my application in April 2017, but after a RFIE, my case was processing again by June 29th 2017). 

My case status has been: "We are scheduling your interview You do not need to do anything at this time" since September 5, 2017, a month after I received my EAD/AP card, almost 10 months ago. 

I have to travel in mid-September, and am very concerned about not getting an interview scheduled in time. I submitted for EAD/AP renewal in mid-May, but I see that processing times is almost 4-6 months for those at the moment. 

Has anyone else been in this state for this long? Is there anything I can do to get an interview date sooner? I'm right around the corner from USCIS in NYC so can drop over there and talk to the officers there if it would be of any consequence. Any advice would be much appreciated. It's been a long, tiresome, anxiety-ridden process :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, sallymcp said:

AoS renewal questions— I’m stressing!

1. What was my husband’s status at last entry if he came in on a combo card?

2. What is his current immigration status?

Thanks in advance!

His status is still K-1 visa holder even if he traveled abroad using his AP. 

Immigration status is I-485 application is pending.

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Zeus_NYC said:

I'm not a K-1 filer but this is the closest thread I could find.  I sent in my application in April 2017, but after a RFIE, my case was processing again by June 29th 2017). 

My case status has been: "We are scheduling your interview You do not need to do anything at this time" since September 5, 2017, a month after I received my EAD/AP card, almost 10 months ago. 

I have to travel in mid-September, and am very concerned about not getting an interview scheduled in time. I submitted for EAD/AP renewal in mid-May, but I see that processing times is almost 4-6 months for those at the moment. 

Has anyone else been in this state for this long? Is there anything I can do to get an interview date sooner? I'm right around the corner from USCIS in NYC so can drop over there and talk to the officers there if it would be of any consequence. Any advice would be much appreciated. It's been a long, tiresome, anxiety-ridden process :(

There is no consequences for walking in and asking questions about your case. But I'm sure that they will not be able to do anything if you inquiry date is not due. Did you check processing times for your field?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, leymanai said:

There is no consequences for walking in and asking questions about your case. But I'm sure that they will not be able to do anything if you inquiry date is not due. Did you check processing times for your field?

Yes, I can't put in an official inquiry because they just extended the inquiry date this month to be over 24 months from initial filing, up from a max of 18 two weeks ago. From anecdotal evidence I can find online or from talking to others in similar situations is that the majority of people who filed last April/May have heard interview dates by now, however.

Timeline

Got a green card today. Yay! 

Anyways, I think they changed design again. I was expecting to see something similar to EAD, but it's completely different. 

IMG-a0b0aa2b0ac77df547397b68128eae66-V.jpg

IMG-695fdc1c00f3768adaca4f2a499b5848-V(1).jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 6/22/2018 at 3:40 PM, leymanai said:

Got a green card today. Yay! 

Anyways, I think they changed design again. I was expecting to see something similar to EAD, but it's completely different. 

IMG-a0b0aa2b0ac77df547397b68128eae66-V.jpg

IMG-695fdc1c00f3768adaca4f2a499b5848-V(1).jpg

Congrats! How long after interview did you get it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline

So after requesting that my case be expedited, I did receive a mail from USCIS today informing me that my case is currently under review and they will contact me shortly with a decision though without asking for supporting evidence with regards to the expedite request. Has anyone witness something like this during the expedite procedure?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.