ZMalik

i-130 London Embassy Processing Times

9 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Just want to share some info on my application so far, not a timeline but just something bit of information that might help others - 

I got my NOA1 in April but didnt not get my NOA2 until this week. I had numerous RFE requests of which some was my error (not getting exact photo requirements as stipulated) and some the embassies (asking for the same marriage certificate twice). During this time I was eagerly tracking how the processing times were progressing and I began recording it to calculate averages and forecast when our case would be seen to after which I just happened to continue. -

Date Processing Days progressed Days worked
10-Apr-17 1-Feb-17   4
18-Apr-17 9-Feb-17 8 4
21-Apr-17 15-Feb-17 6 5
28-Apr-17 15-Feb-17 0 9
12-May-17 24-Feb-17 9 5
19-May-17 24-Mar-17 28 5
30-May-17 28-Apr-17 35 4
2-Jun-17 2-May-17 4 5
9-Jun-17 10-May-17 8 5
16-Jun-17 17-May-17 7 5
23-Jun-17 24-May-17 7 5

If anybody has any questions please feel free to ask, i'll keep people updated using this thread.

I got my NOA2 back within 2 weeks of sending my application and my interview is in 3 weeks time. 

Turn around at the moment is within 2-3 months from start to finish.

Thanks for sharing the info! 

Our London DCF spousal visa case seems to be taking much longer than others? Maybe it is because my husband is not British? 

We filed in February, got NOA2 informing us that our petition (i-130) was approved on 9 May 2017 (after one request for evidence because I had left a box blank instead of writing NOT APPLICABLE). We still have not received the LND number / packet 3 :( I emailed the embassy last week (end of the 8th week)... 

Don't know what else to do but wait!

Megan 

I booked my medical and interview straight after completing my DS-260.

My medical is on the 18th and my interview is on the 28th.

I received my LND number a week and a half after my approval.

On 7/5/2017 at 11:30 PM, kenneme said:

Thanks for sharing the info! 

Our London DCF spousal visa case seems to be taking much longer than others? Maybe it is because my husband is not British? 

We filed in February, got NOA2 informing us that our petition (i-130) was approved on 9 May 2017 (after one request for evidence because I had left a box blank instead of writing NOT APPLICABLE). We still have not received the LND number / packet 3 :( I emailed the embassy last week (end of the 8th week)... 

Don't know what else to do but wait!

Megan 

I had the same thing Megan, They said under other aliases we should have put N/A and now they need an affidavit to say thats what should have been there.

I woul try calling and emailing to check up on it, When I called the NVC line they werent able to help much but when I contacted USCIS London they were fairly response and have guidelines to respond within 5 working days.

Goodluck

Zee

On 7/6/2017 at 0:34 PM, ViitaV said:

I booked my medical and interview straight after completing my DS-260.

My medical is on the 18th and my interview is on the 28th.

I received my LND number a week and a half after my approval.

Thanks, I wasnt sure if it was upon having the medical you book the appointment or upon scheduling, it seems like it is the latter. 

All the best!

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooo frustrated! I finally got a reply to the online email form for London Consulate and they sent me his LND case number by email! They said they sent us a letter on 9 May :( so we just lost 10 weeks for NO REASON! We received the letter approving our DCF I-130 pertition in the mail dated 5 May, and then never got the second letter! So annoying!! argh :( Finally got interview for next week 26 July, but we could have gotten it in May if they hadn't lost (didn't send?!) the letter!

23 hours ago, kenneme said:

Sooooo frustrated! I finally got a reply to the online email form for London Consulate and they sent me his LND case number by email! They said they sent us a letter on 9 May :( so we just lost 10 weeks for NO REASON! We received the letter approving our DCF I-130 pertition in the mail dated 5 May, and then never got the second letter! So annoying!! argh :( Finally got interview for next week 26 July, but we could have gotten it in May if they hadn't lost (didn't send?!) the letter!

Really sorry to hear that, I hope your next step is much more fruitful and painless! Your one day out from me, I've got my interview booked for the 27th of July. Please let me know how yours goes! Are you planning on taking evidence of relationship? I'm considering taking joint bills etc....

All the best!

Hi ZMalik, 

Had our interview yesterday and it went very smooth and easy - his visa was approved and they said we should get the passport back in 1 to 2 weeks. Yeah! I will write up a full review shortly but it was exactly as others described, and they only asked about why we had a K1 previously, and whether or not our son is US Citizen (I think so they could determine if my income was sufficient or we needed the joint sponsor). They asked about our plans for relocating, I explained son and I had relocated in May, I started work and was just back for the interview. He was happy with all that. 

For relationship proof, our son and I were both present. I took one joint bill and our son's birth certificate (which shows both our names) as proof of relationship but they didn't want any of it... I offered the birth certificate twice they said they don't need it. We have been married 7 years though and got married on an approved K1 fiance visa in the US, so we weren't expecting that to be an issue. You might as well take some bills if you have them - doesn't hurt!  Hope that helps, and good luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.