445 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, faithful12 said:

Lets hope for the best. You can always call them to keep yourself updated on what is hapening on the case. 

Yup, that's the plan :) 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
On 7/4/2017 at 1:04 AM, PP_2016 said:

That's what the doctor asked me, I said I never had chicken pox and he confirmed it from my mom as well. 

Where did you get your medical nad vaccines done? 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
On 11/20/2017 at 10:56 PM, agnia123 said:

Can some one guide me about the process of NVC for I-140 based cases. My case just got approved by USCIS (Premium Processing) and is currently at NVC.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Timeline

Thinking about this PCC is giving me a headache! Has anyone on here sent in another one, other than the one from the regional passport office and can offer some help? Do you get a checklist or are they kind enough to give you a CC and let you take it to the interview?

We sent in the one from the police office and I know that's not the right one :(

Any help would be great! Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, Ishxo said:

Thinking about this PCC is giving me a headache! Has anyone on here sent in another one, other than the one from the regional passport office and can offer some help? Do you get a checklist or are they kind enough to give you a CC and let you take it to the interview?

We sent in the one from the police office and I know that's not the right one :(

Any help would be great! Thanks

Yes we made this terrible mistake of sending a PCC from the police station instead of the RPO and we got a checklist to send in the one from the RPO. Getting one from the RPO was such a difficult process. Even thinking about it makes me cry.

Timeline
1 hour ago, KaurN said:

Yes we made this terrible mistake of sending a PCC from the police station instead of the RPO and we got a checklist to send in the one from the RPO. Getting one from the RPO was such a difficult process. Even thinking about it makes me cry.

Thanks a lot for the response! I got the one from the RPO a day after my lawyer already sent out the wrong one :( 

How long after you sent the right one did you get a CC?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, Ishxo said:

Thanks a lot for the response! I got the one from the RPO a day after my lawyer already sent out the wrong one :( 

How long after you sent the right one did you get a CC?

It is supposed to take another 11 weeks or whatever the current processing time is.

Hello Guys,

I have a quick question, I just heard that for new people applying the Green Card will be given to them before they come to the US for the first time. Is this true? It used to be that a person would come to the US and about 3-4 weeks later, the green card would come in the mail.

If someone has had experience with this, can you please provide some context and the change in the process?

Hi Everyone,

The application is for y husband. He is currently in US on visitor visa and will go back in time for his interview. So he cannot get PCC from the regional passport office. Did anybody get police clearance through the embassy. I know they process it for residents here but he is here on visitor visa. Any ideas?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/7/2017 at 12:21 AM, PaviDeep said:

Hello Guys,

I have a quick question, I just heard that for new people applying the Green Card will be given to them before they come to the US for the first time. Is this true? It used to be that a person would come to the US and about 3-4 weeks later, the green card would come in the mail.

If someone has had experience with this, can you please provide some context and the change in the process?

Yes. They mail it out to you after you reach the US. 

Once you enter, they stamp your passport and you can basically use that stamp as proof of green card. (To get a job etc.) until your physical green card comes in the mail.

hope this helps! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We're waiting for NOA2 for our K1 visa, so I hope it's ok to ask this question here.

My fiance was born in 1987 in Delhi but has never had a birth certificate. He does have a Passport and school certificates with his date of birth. How does he go about obtaining a Non-Availability of Birth Certificate...certificate? He went to one government office in Delhi--I'm not sure which one--to get a NABC and they had no idea what he was talking about! :wacko: Has anyone here born after 1970 successfully procured such a certificate? Are there online ways to research this kind of stuff and get records? And if he must deal with people to get the document, how can he do so without paying a bribe?

(Note: please kindly respect that we have our reasons for not paying a bribe which are not up for discussion. Thank you.)

Timeline
7 hours ago, Amit&Julie said:

We're waiting for NOA2 for our K1 visa, so I hope it's ok to ask this question here.

My fiance was born in 1987 in Delhi but has never had a birth certificate. He does have a Passport and school certificates with his date of birth. How does he go about obtaining a Non-Availability of Birth Certificate...certificate? He went to one government office in Delhi--I'm not sure which one--to get a NABC and they had no idea what he was talking about! :wacko: Has anyone here born after 1970 successfully procured such a certificate? Are there online ways to research this kind of stuff and get records? And if he must deal with people to get the document, how can he do so without paying a bribe?

(Note: please kindly respect that we have our reasons for not paying a bribe which are not up for discussion. Thank you.)

Hi,

I’m from Bombay and have heard of people going to the “D-ward” to get their birth certificate. Maybe Delhi has an equivalent? 

Unfortunately, there are hardly any computer records because the whole “digital” aspect of things is barely just about setting in.

Not sure what your reasons for no bribes are but in my experience I wouldn’t have got 90% of my work done without them. The other 10% would have taken 10 times the amount of time. Just in this country ofcourse. Good luck! :) 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, Ishxo said:

Hi,

I’m from Bombay and have heard of people going to the “D-ward” to get their birth certificate. Maybe Delhi has an equivalent? 

Unfortunately, there are hardly any computer records because the whole “digital” aspect of things is barely just about setting in.

Not sure what your reasons for no bribes are but in my experience I wouldn’t have got 90% of my work done without them. The other 10% would have taken 10 times the amount of time. Just in this country ofcourse. Good luck! :) 

Thanks for your advice. I'll pass it along to my fiance in case there is a "D-ward" in Delhi.

Timeline

Hello all, 

Unfortunately I received a checklist today :( It is for my wife's (beneficiary) original birth certificate from India. I originally sent them "Copy of Birth Certificate" (english translation) which she had obtained from record's office in 2011 but NVC wants to see "Copy of original birth certificate" or if I don't have original birth certificate they would like secondary evidence such as school leaving certificate or affidavit, etc. 

My problem is that my wife has her original birth certificate (not in english) but that certificate is missing her name as she wasn't a name till few weeks later. Will I be okay sending in her original birth certificate without her name as her "Copy of birth certificate" which I already sent them has her name?? or should I send them secondary evidence along with her original birth certificate that doesn't haver her name? 

Will appreciate any inputs here.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.