45 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You've already gotten the correct advice more than once but keep asking the same question so I'll try this:

There is NO WAY to see if your visa has been canceled on a website, by checking the number, no way. THE ONLY WAY is to contact the Embassy/Consulate.

DO NOT TRAVEL TO THE US WITH THIS VISA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No legal job

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

An other thing you risk if you use the visa and somehow manage to get into the country (which you shouldn't do but here's another reason why not) is a trespassing charge or harassment case. If he doesn't want anything to do with you anymore and you show up uninvited at his home or workplace you could be in a lot of trouble. 

Forget him. He's not interested. Find someone who is. Maybe someone from your own country? It would certainly be easier! 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

2 hours ago, France said:

How will I know if indeed my visa was cancelled. He said he was not aware that his lawyer already cancelled the visa when he informed her that we were not getting married. I got my visa April and just decided to go there July to see if we could still work it out and get married like as planned. Prior to booking the ticket around 2 weeks ago he I informed him he said its okay for me to go.then now he changed his mind again and informed me last min my visa was cancelled

At this point it does not matter if it is cancelled or not. He has no intention of marrying you so any entry into the country using that visa would be fraud. I am not sure if your desperation is to get him back, or to come to USA. If it is to get him back, I think it would be a mistake. He put in a lot of effort to go through applying for and getting you a visa. I am not sure what changed his mind, but that seems to be a big problem which we know nothing about. As others said, call the embassy. But, don't call if it is still valid or not, call to make sure that it has been cancelled and inform them that you will not be using it. This is you best chance for ever being able to come to the US in the future if you meet another American.

Others have mentioned other types of visa or entry. Being a single Filipina you have almost zero chance of coming to America other than a fiance or spouse visa. It is sad but that is the fact. Good luck to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Please follow the advice of others: If you plan on having any chance of visiting the U.S. in the future, this is not the way to do it.

Visa Fraud is serious and can result in a permanent ban; you should re-think your travel plans.  

K1 Timeline

5/17/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS Lewisville, Texas via FedEx Ground Shipping
01/03/2018: NVC Received I-129F and Case Number Received
01/23/2018: Embassy Received
02/09/2018: Medical
03/19/2018: Interview 
03/19/2018: APPROVED!
03/21/2018: Visa in Hand

08/04/2018:  MARRIED!

AOS Timeline (I-485)

08/29/2018: AOS/EAD/AP sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

09/12/2018: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail

09/24/2018: Biometrics Appointment

12/27/2018: AOS Interview Scheduled by USCIS

02/13/2019: Interview

02/14/2019: AOS APPROVED!!!

02/20/2019: GREEN CARD ISSUED!!!

02/21/2019: GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!

Removal of Conditions Timeline (I-751)

11/13/2020: 90-day application window opened

12/12/2020: I-751 sent to USCIS Phoenix via UPS

12/17/2020: Received by USCIS

01/28/2021: Received NOA1 hard copy via mail

02/04/2021: Biometrics Waived 

11/08/2021: Received NOA hard copy for 24-month extension via mail

01/11/2022: Removal of Conditions Approved

01/15/2022: Hard copy of NOA received

01/18/2022: Permanent Resident Card in Hand!

Citizenship Timeline (N-400)

08/04/2021: 3-year marriage-based window opened

09/12/2022: N-400 filed online, Received by USCIS, NOA1 Digital copy received

09/14/2022: Biometrics Waived 

12/21/2022: Citizenship Interview Scheduled by USCIS (Vermont Field Office)

02/07/2023: Interview 

06/23/2023: Citizenship Oath!!!

VJ Was With Us From Beginning to END...THANK YOU VJ!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, France said:

He said his lawyer canceled my visa. I have no way to find out if its true. I have booked my ticket flight to go there in 10 days from now😔

Do you have any family in the states in case you come and he really is admit just because like everyone is telling you it's one entry and once you come one you don't want to be on the street and 2 once you return that's a closed door so family support would be nice. Why did he back out after all this money, time emotion I'm really sorry your experiencing this

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I would suggest that you go ahead and get it cancelled by yourself. It will give the impression that you are not trying to get to US anyway possible. That will make things easy for you in future when you are applying for any other visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

First of all, I totally understand your feeling. I believe that if I'm in your position, I might do the same thing too. It's doesn't mean that I'm desperate to go to the US, but,I'm doing that because of love. However, you need to know the consequences of your action. Are you ready to receive the consequences later? If not, I think, you shouldn't do what you are planning to do. There are lots of other way for you to try get him back. It doesn't mean that you need to go there and see him by yourself. You can try to talk to him using voice/video call first. You can try to discuss with him and give him opportunity to explain why he really want to end that relationship. Every problem have a solution. Find out the main issue between you and him. It will not make any difference if you go there without knowing what is the main problem and how can you solve it. 

1) if let say he want to end this relationship because he have found someone else. Do you think by you going there it will change anything?

2) if let say he want to end this relationship because finally he realize that he's not ready to get marry yet. Do you think you can change it?

3) if let say he want to end this relationship because he feel that there is no more love. Do you find out a way how to build up that feeling again?

4) if let say he want to end this relationship because he can't stand with your attitude. Do you think you can change your attitude?

5) if let say he want to end this relationship because he feel like he can't support you in terms of money, maybe he can't afford the cost. Do you think going to States will make things better?

If you stick with your decision to go there with K-1 visa, get ready with the possibility you might get denied at POE. Get ready with the possibility to might get a ban. Are you really ready for that? What will happen, if you get ban (for example) and suddenly both of you reconcile and want to be together again? Love is great, but, are you ready to face all the consequences?

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry to hear about what happened to you but if this guy really wants you let him work it out he will go back to you if he really wants but if he said no then don't do something aint sure like your travel in usa wont mean that you can reconcile because he already told you no. So keep your record clean the immigration in usa will know if its cancelled or not and for you to know it call us embassy manila now

2 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

I think they will check your visa status before you board the plane. Someone was saying yesterday her sister was not able to board a plane to the U.S. because for some reason her visitor visa got cancelled (it was valid for 2 more years). 

She can check the status by calling the embassy. No need for her to be told about the status before boarding the plane. That would be embarassing -- to be told that you can't go because your visa is no longer valid. So to spare her from further humiliation (as she already is experiencing with trying to fix things with her fiancè and still being turned down), she can call the embassy and check with them. She can actually have it canceled to if she wishes to do so. 

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.