45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

As a tourist?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 minutes ago, France said:

Under fiancee visa. But I dont know how to check if he cancelled it

You can't travel on fiancee visa unless it is your intention to get married.

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Timeline

You would need to assume he has notified USCIS, well if he came on here that is what everybody would recommend, best to visit

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Here is the problem with your plan. The K1 Fiance visa is a one time use visa. Once you use it to enter the US, you can never use it again. What happens if you come and he is adamant about not wanting to see you? Without him you have no way to stay and adjust your status. 

Here is another scenario. Say you come and see him but he is not ready to get married and he needs time. You return to your home country. Then later you two reconcile and he is now ready. The K1 is no longer valid. And you won't be able to use it again to reenter. You would have to start over.

And here is another scenario. What are you going to tell the POE officer when he/she interviews you and ask you when is the wedding date? 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

In which case assuming that is true then visit if you want to see him.

2 minutes ago, France said:

He said his lawyer canceled my visa. I have no way to find out if its true. I have booked my ticket flight to go there in 10 days from now😔

If it is true then you would be turned around at the airport and sent back home. Kind a huge gamble you took booking a flight prior to knowing if the visa is still valid.

Refundable tickets?

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

It seems unwise to travel in this situation

1) if he's cancelled the fiancee visa, then immigration will see this when you attempt to use it to enter the USA.

2) even if you don't tell them and try and enter on ESTA, they will see the k1 in your passport.

3) its difficult to travel on ESTA if you'd had a fiancee visa - as that shows immigrant intent

Let us know how you get on.

If he told you its been cancelled then I can't see why he would lie, other than he doesn't want you to come. In which case, again, it seems a bad idea to travel.

Edited by Limey

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Timeline

If you are French you should still be able to use the VWP.

7 minutes ago, France said:

He said his lawyer canceled my visa. I have no way to find out if its true. I have booked my ticket flight to go there in 10 days from now😔

Call your embassy for which the visa was issued and ask to check on the status. If it's cancelled they would see it in their system.

However, I wouldn't recommend traveling based on your situation. As it was stated earlier, the K1 visa is intended for a one time entry in order to get married in the US. You will be out of status if you don't do so before the visa expires. If your fiancé/ex-fiancé told you that it's over and doesn't want to marry you, then you run the risk of him trying to report you if he really did cancel the visa.

During your POE at the airport, you will be asked questions in regards to the purpose of your entry and since you do not know what is currently going on, you in other words, would be lying about the purpose of your travel.

So first, call the embassy to check on the status and go from there. Because no one knows the whole reason for your fiancé backing out on you, it's hard to give advice about something like this. But IMHO, you would be taking a huge gamble to use the K1 visa if it's not cancelled should things not work out between you and your now ex-fiancé.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.