Austin57

Medical exam

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello house. I just completed my medical exam today. The asked if there's any sickle cell disease in our family. I said yes but it's truly yes. Because of that am worried about that if that can raise a question during the interview. Would there be a question about the mentioning of the disease that can get me denied? Or is it part of the diseases that can make you disqualified? Very worried after the medicals and I want to know if there's any hope for that. Thank You!

Timeline
Just now, Ayim™ said:

Hello house. I just completed my medical exam today. The asked if there's any sickle cell disease in our family. I said yes but it's truly yes. Because of that am worried about that if that can raise a question during the interview. Would there be a question about the mentioning of the disease that can get me denied? Or is it part of the diseases that can make you disqualified? Very worried after the medicals and I want to know if there's any hope for that. Thank You!

Besides am SC genotype 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Thank You Susie. I was very worried. The tension on me has now reduced. Guess they can ask a question about it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I don't think your medical history will have a negative impact and it's highly unlikely that they will ask you about it. 

11/17/2016 - K1/I-129f Petition sent 

11/18/2016 - K1/I-129f Petition received at TX Lock box. / Fee accepted. 

11/22/2016 - NOA1 Received
02/16/2017 - NOA2 Approved 

02/18/2017 - NOA2 Letter received

03/08/2017 - NVC Received I-129f

03/09/2017 - NVC Approved 

03/10/2017 - NVC tracking number and sent to embassy

03/13/2017 - Embassy received I-129f package

04/06/2017 - Embassy Package 3 received

04/25/2017 - Medical

05/16/2017 - Interview

05/16/2017-  Approved!!! 

08/19/2017 - Arrival to JFK!

10/11/2017-  Married

11/11/2017- AOS Mailed 

11/17/2017- AOS Accepted

02/02/2018 - EAD Approved  

I don't see why they'd ask. Only possible concern might be if it involves expensive chronic treatment and they need to be sure you won't be a public charge? I don't really know anything about the disease I'm afraid so that's the only general thing I can think of. But by itself it is definitely not disqualifying. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

17 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I don't see why they'd ask. Only possible concern might be if it involves expensive chronic treatment and they need to be sure you won't be a public charge? I don't really know anything about the disease I'm afraid so that's the only general thing I can think of. But by itself it is definitely not disqualifying. 

Ohok thank you all for your contributions. Am a bit relieved. I've not been admitted to hospital before because of that condition. But I knew I've to be truthful because of the immigration law. That's the only thing am thinking of now. But lets see what the Lord will do 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Having sickle cell in your family does not mean you are sickle cell and besides if you are is not a denial disease. This questions are asked to help you the immigrant in future. Wen you sick in the states it will help in knowing  your medical history.

Timeline
2 hours ago, bravagreen said:

Having sickle cell in your family does not mean you are sickle cell and besides if you are is not a denial disease. This questions are asked to help you the immigrant in future. Wen you sick in the states it will help in knowing  your medical history.

Ohok. Thank You all for answering my questions. I was really really worried about that but through your excellent answers am well relieved. I will be attending my interview early July. Will update you after the interview. Very grateful🙏🏼 For your contributions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.