Confused Jim

Help! Filed DS 260 No interview date DV 2017

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello All,

Application Ds260 was filed on Feb 2, 2017 its is for DV 2017

EU and the last 17xxx

Embassy - Uzbekistan

I checked the application status, and its just showing DS260 complete.

I think cutoff time is September 2017, and no word on interview date or an email. What should I do, or is it too early?

Thanks

You haven't received an interview notification yet because so far only Uzbek numbers below 13300 have been called - scroll down to the August advance notificatiOn for diversity visa here (near the end, section C):    https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2017/visa-bulletin-for-july-2017.html

You will have to hope Uzbekistan goes "current" or that the cut off is higher than your case number for September. You will find this out in the next visa bulletin, which will probably be published around 10 July. If your number is available for interview, you should get your interview notification shortly after the visa bulletin is published. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ,

Thank you for precise information, you have made it real simple. I have been searching for this for a while.

I understand you said hope it goes "current" or my number is lower than published.

More question? upcoming on July 10 bulletin is my last hope correct? since it will be for September, and all visa must be issued by Sep. 30 2017 for DV2017.

Realistically speaking, in your opinion do you think I have a shot at this?

Thank you for helping me and the community with accurate and timely reponse. Your valuable time and quality input is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Confused Jim

Yes, it's correct that you need to have had an interview and been approved by 30 September to be granted a DV2017 visa.

I generally don't speculate on numbers and it's really hard to know with the country cutoffs, as often there are very few cases within the higher numbers - something to do with the maximum selectees per country for countries like yours - and there can (not necessarily will) be big jumps at the end of the FY. So I can say it doesn't look good right now just based on the 13300, but at the same time it really could go high or current for September. I guess that's not really much help, sorry....it really is just a case of wait and see. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, SusieQQQ and others,

August visa bulletin is up, can you please tell me if I am reading it correctly. My number is posted above and below here.

EU and the last 17xxx

Embassy - Uzbekistan

You think I am in line for visa? Based on the 17xxx?

Please provide any details, much appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Confused Jim

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Confused Jim said:

Hi, SusieQQQ and others,

August visa bulletin is up, can you please tell me if I am reading it correctly. My number is posted above and below here.

EU and the last 17xxx

Embassy - Uzbekistan

You think I am in line for visa? Based on the 17xxx?

Please provide any details, much appreciated.

Thanks

Uzbekistan is current with the rest of Europe, so congratulations you will be scheduled for a Sept interview. 

Thanks,

Few more questions, help please. Based on my  EU and the last 17xxx

1. I filled the DS 260 on Feb 2017, I guess I just have to wait? Or do I need to do anything else?

2. By the way I am bit confused, the March 2017 bulletin shows EU at 19,300 yet I was not called for interview, than July 2017 bulletin put on exception EU limit for Uzbekistan to 13000, now the August Bulletin shows CURRENT for September.

3. Based on my number how would I know for sure I would be called for interview? and approximately when?

4. Is this last bulletin?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Confused Jim

3 hours ago, Confused Jim said:

Thanks,

Few more questions, help please. Based on my  EU and the last 17xxx

1. I filled the DS 260 on Feb 2017, I guess I just have to wait? Or do I need to do anything else?

2. By the way I am bit confused, the March 2017 bulletin shows EU at 19,300 yet I was not called for interview, than July 2017 bulletin put on exception EU limit for Uzbekistan to 13000, now the August Bulletin shows CURRENT for September.

3. Based on my number how would I know for sure I would be called for interview? and approximately when?

4. Is this last bulletin?

Thanks in advance!

1. Yes, just wait...

2. Like sm1smom said, yes you'll be called. It was an unusual situation earlier this year with retrogression for Uzbekistan - this is very rare for DV (happens with family cases a lot more). If you'd submitted your DS earlier you may have been called for interview in March - it takes around 2 months to process a DS260 by KCC, sometimes longer, and it has to be processed before interview, so no matter what a Feb submission was too late for a March or April and probably  even May interview.

(because of the retrogression hard to say for sure what would have happened with an earlier submission - no way of us knowing when they figured out they needed to do it - i wonder is it possible a large number of uzbekis submitted DSs late like you did, leading to them imposing limits to handle an unexpected increase in interview numbers)

3. You should get an update to your ESC page in the next couple of weeks - the same place you checked your entry - make sure you have printed out your first letter as it will be replaced by the interview letter. Normally you'll get an email telling you the page has been updated - the email itself will contain no other information- but some people don't get the email so check the page again in a week or two if no email has arrived.

4. and yes, this is the last for DV2017. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

SussieQQQ thank you for being so detailed. You have answered my questions well, I have been googling for several hours reading posts on britsimon and other places, however, couldnt put a finger on it. 

You have wealth of knowledge, stay blessed and thank you for your advice and suggestions. 

I have a multiple entry visa (tourist) and was going to USA next week for few months, I was also thinking of doing Adjustment of Status while in the USA, however, I believe I have a solid chance in Uzbekistan and most probably USCIS in the USA will cause a delay and miss my Sep 30 deadline.

I think I should just hang here for few more months and wait for the interview, I dont foresee any delay in DS260 (background check), since I had several USA tourist visa over the last few years. Thankfully,  I am in a good shape, and my daughter (USC) can also file for parent petition in case I didnt get my DV lottery. 

Edited by Confused Jim

You can't enter on a tourist visa with the intent of doing adjustment of status - that will lead to denial. In any case adjustment of status can take much longer than consular processing and you would run a very real risk at this stage of running out of time. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.