15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I didn't see one so I figured I'd start one. I'm new to this place. 

Here's my story. 

Been in the US since I was 13 (2004). 
Served in the Army for six years after high school.

Was given my citizenship in the Army in 2011.

Sent out i130 for my mom on the 9th of June 2017

Received Acceptance email on the 19th of June 2017. 

Case routed to Potomac.

Anyone know anything about these guys?

I wrote a very elaborate cover letter. My mom is severely ill with diabetes and needs treatment, and also, my sister just had a baby in May of this year and we need my mom here. Additionally, I explained my anxiety and depression and how it's affected me since I've been separated from my mother. It affects my ability to focus on anything and I'm so sad and anxious all the time and I suffer from dis-associative disorder. I lost a new job today (literally 4 hours ago) because of this. I'm disassociated because I just want to be home with my mom and brother. My mind isn't here anymore and I don't want to be here. I just want my mom. I'm 26, have never dated, never really done anything...Just waiting for my mother, and waiting. My father screwed things up a lot and has strung us along and hasn't even done anything. 

8 minutes ago, Olusola said:

Here's my story. 

Case routed to Potomac.

I wrote a very elaborate cover letter. My mom is severely ill with diabetes and needs treatment, and also, my sister just had a baby in May of this year and we need my mom here. Additionally, I explained my anxiety and depression and how it's affected me since I've been separated from my mother. It affects my ability to focus on anything and I'm so sad and anxious all the time and I suffer from dis-associative disorder. I lost a new job today (literally 4 hours ago) because of this. I'm disassociated because I just want to be home with my mom and brother. My mind isn't here anymore and I don't want to be here. I just want my mom. I'm 26, have never dated, never really done anything...Just waiting for my mother, and waiting. My father screwed things up a lot and has strung us along and hasn't even done anything. 

A "very elaborate letter" will not speed along your case.  From what you are saying it sounds to me like you should head back to Nigeria with your mom.  Both to help your ailing mom and yourself.   You say you don't want to be here...then go back home to your mother. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Olusola said:

Here's my story. 

Case routed to Potomac.

First of all, thank you for your sacrifice in serving our country!  

I'm sorry things have been so difficult for you.   You could try an expedite but without severe medical issues with yourself and documented proof (such as from a counselor/therapist/psychiatrist) you may not be able to get the expedite, but it's worth a try!  You can call USCIS and request one if you'd like to try. 

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Timeline

I was medically diagnosed with anxiety a few years ago and can print my medical report as well...I was have really bad panic attacks and confusion to the point I visited the emergency room several times and was also held at a mental facility for five days without being allowed to leave. 

Timeline

SO what timeline can i expect from Potomac. I'm hoping to get an approval between now and the end of July. I pray God helps us cause we really need our mom.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Timeline

TRACKED ALL CODES BEFORE JUNE NONE WAS I130 WITH THE SRC CODE

3 minutes ago, emeraldbu said:

how sure are u ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, hizic said:

they are currently working on MAY. the src code i tracked was before June.

last week they approved some cases around 16th May and 17th May from the notifications i received

Timeline
7 hours ago, emeraldbu said:

they are currently working on MAY. the src code i tracked was before June.

last week they approved some cases around 16th May and 17th May from the notifications i received

those cases don't have the SRC code they have TSC code 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/13/2017 at 4:21 AM, hizic said:

those cases don't have the SRC code they have TSC code 

SRC(Southern Regional Centre) codes are for those who live outside Texas but got their cases routed to Texas. I'm a May filer with the SRC code 

Edited by Abies

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Guys, I got my NOA2 for my mom's i130 on the 11th of Dec...so it's almost exactly 6 months at the Potomac because they receieved the application on the 13th of June

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Olusola said:

Guys, I got my NOA2 for my mom's i130 on the 11th of Dec...so it's almost exactly 6 months at the Potomac because they receieved the application on the 13th of June

Congratulations 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.