Hicknick

DCF for Rome. Italy to america

31 posts in this topic

So a few months back I was searching for some help and answers for the process with the DCF Rome and Naples. I searched and searched and I could only find Italy to U.K.. after giving up trying to do research on here I took matters in my own hands. After researching and completing my wife's petition; double checking and triple checking to see if the information is correct and accurate and also making two extra copies of the full packet. I was finally ready to send it. I sent it on May 4th 2017 and it was approved June 8th 2017 without any RFE's or delays. I received the hard copy June 17th 2017. But they misspelled the beneficiary's last name so I emailed them and now the hard copy number two is on the way. Right now we are waiting to hear a response from Naples regarding part 2 of the process but if anyone needs some info on part one of the petition feel free to ask. If people needs it I can post the outline of the packet so whoever needs it can use it. Just ask! I'm here to help 😇

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

There are a couple VJ'ers actively doing DCF in Italy who've posted recently so you're not alone now. Thanks for sharing your experience! :thumbs:

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 2:26 PM, Hicknick said:

So a few months back I was searching for some help and answers for the process with the DCF Rome and Naples. I searched and searched and I could only find Italy to U.K.. after giving up trying to do research on here I took matters in my own hands. After researching and completing my wife's petition; double checking and triple checking to see if the information is correct and accurate and also making two extra copies of the full packet. I was finally ready to send it. I sent it on May 4th 2017 and it was approved June 8th 2017 without any RFE's or delays. I received the hard copy June 17th 2017. But they misspelled the beneficiary's last name so I emailed them and now the hard copy number two is on the way. Right now we are waiting to hear a response from Naples regarding part 2 of the process but if anyone needs some info on part one of the petition feel free to ask. If people needs it I can post the outline of the packet so whoever needs it can use it. Just ask! I'm here to help 😇

Hi Hicknick,

we recently started DCF in Italy as well. We got married 2 years ago in Colorado and now live in Italy. After living here for a while we decided we'd like to move back to the US, as we feel more at home in Colorado than we do here.

We sent our I-130 petition on June 20, 2017. After not having heard from the USCIS field office in Rome whether or not they received the petition, we called and they said that they received it on June 22 and were going to start the review on June 28. Since then we haven't heard. I am hoping we will get an NOA soon (we are sitting on needles here, since we have read so much about how fast DCF in Italy is and that people usually get their NOA2 within about 3 weeks).

Did you ever get an NOA1? 

Were you notified by email?

Keep me updated on your process. What do you mean by waiting to hear back from Naples about part 2? Have you scheduled your interview yet?

So many questions... :)

Thanks for sharing!

Hey I never received the NOA1 through email but I did receive the noa2 through mail. The letter showed it was signed the 8 of June and I received it on the 27th. I live near Venezia.

we heard back from Naples about three weeks ago. After the petition is approved in Rome it is sent to Naples so they can give u further instructions.

we haven't make the appointment yet in Naples because we have to gather our documents and wait for some to be sent from the states. 

2 minutes ago, Hicknick said:

Hey I never received the NOA1 through email but I did receive the noa2 through mail. The letter showed it was signed the 8 of June and I received it on the 27th. I live near Venezia.

we heard back from Naples about three weeks ago. After the petition is approved in Rome it is sent to Naples so they can give u further instructions.

we haven't make the appointment yet in Naples because we have to gather our documents and wait for some to be sent from the states. 

Thanks for the insight. We live not too far from you...we are from Alto Adige.

Good luck for you! Keep us posted!

• 2 months later...

Qick question: I'll be the beneficiary in this process and I'm italian. Did I need to translate all my documents (marriage certificate, birth certificate, identity card, common residence...) in english or is it fine to attached them in italian?

Thanks for your help!

Vale

Yes we had to have a translator translate them. Just someone who is good in both the languages. Can be friend or whoever and have them write the statement saying it's correct. And the marriage certificate and birth certificate should be on an international form. So that's good by itself. And the common residence I think it was certificato di stato famiglia. That has to be translated by a translator or anyone.. etc. that's about it. Everything besides the medical report has to have an English translation.

Also to update this post.. our visa got approved September 12 2017 and we chose pick up at the mail office which only took two day. We received the visa in hand on the 14 of September 2017. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
7 hours ago, Vale said:

Qick question: I'll be the beneficiary in this process and I'm italian. Did I need to translate all my documents (marriage certificate, birth certificate, identity card, common residence...) in english or is it fine to attached them in italian?

Thanks for your help!

Vale

Ciao Vale,

we just applied last week in Rome ( I'm Italian, my husband American ). If you go to your Comune, they should be able to print the marriage certificate and your birth certificate in multi language. I attached my passport copy and I didn't translate that one. My husband is in the military so it's different for us for the residence but maybe the Comune could give you the multi language version of that too. Go and ask, it's way easier. Good luck to all of  us waiting :) 

Timeline
On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:25 PM, Katherina said:

Hi Hicknick,

we recently started DCF in Italy as well. We got married 2 years ago in Colorado and now live in Italy. After living here for a while we decided we'd like to move back to the US, as we feel more at home in Colorado than we do here.

We sent our I-130 petition on June 20, 2017. After not having heard from the USCIS field office in Rome whether or not they received the petition, we called and they said that they received it on June 22 and were going to start the review on June 28. Since then we haven't heard. I am hoping we will get an NOA soon (we are sitting on needles here, since we have read so much about how fast DCF in Italy is and that people usually get their NOA2 within about 3 weeks).

Did you ever get an NOA1? 

Were you notified by email?

Keep me updated on your process. What do you mean by waiting to hear back from Naples about part 2? Have you scheduled your interview yet?

So many questions... :)

Thanks for sharing!

Hi Katherina. Did you get approved for your visa? How long did it take? Thank you

On 9/16/2017 at 11:43 AM, Vale said:

Thanks for your help!

Vale

Hi Vale,

I had everything translated (marriage certificate, birth certificate, permesso di soggiorno etc.) when we first sent the petition off.

When we then received the IV package it said following in the "Instructions for Immigrant":' All documents not in English or Italian must be accompanied by certified English translations. Translations must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the translation is accurate and that the translator is competent to translate.'

This means, that if they are in any OTHER language than English or Italian, you should have your documents translated, otherwise, italian would be fine!

Good luck!

1 hour ago, MariaSy said:

Hi Katherina. Did you get approved for your visa? How long did it take? Thank you

Hi MariaSy

this coming week we will be travelling to Naples for the interview, after which I can give an update.

Wish us luck :)

Translation is not a requirement. Either Italian or English is fine. 

Personally I got everything in English just because the military translated it.

Other people I know went to Naples with papers only in Italian and they got approved just fine. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, ValeZamp said:

Translation is not a requirement. Either Italian or English is fine. 

Personally I got everything in English just because the military translated it.

Other people I know went to Naples with papers only in Italian and they got approved just fine. 

Hi  Vale, my husband is in the military as well. How long did your application take to be approved? Was your casellario giudiziale in English as well or Italian? Thank you 

2 hours ago, Katherina said:

Hi Vale,

I had everything translated (marriage certificate, birth certificate, permesso di soggiorno etc.) when we first sent the petition off.

When we then received the IV package it said following in the "Instructions for Immigrant":' All documents not in English or Italian must be accompanied by certified English translations. Translations must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the translation is accurate and that the translator is competent to translate.'

This means, that if they are in any OTHER language than English or Italian, you should have your documents translated, otherwise, italian would be fine!

Good luck!

Hi MariaSy

this coming week we will be travelling to Naples for the interview, after which I can give an update.

Wish us luck :)

Best of luck!!!!!! 

4 minutes ago, MariaSy said:

Hi  Vale, my husband is in the military as well. How long did your application take to be approved? Was your casellario giudiziale in English as well or Italian? Thank you 

Best of luck!!!!!! 

We sent everything to Rome mid April. We went to our interview in August. So in total was 4 months.

yes it was in English

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.