ubaidimran

What kind Of VISA Suitable For ME (merged)

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Two threads merged.  Do not post more than once on the same/ simialr issues ******

Op, you seem to think there must be a way for you to come and live and work  in the USA, but there may not be.  It is very difficult to get a visa to immigrate unless you have close family here.  Your best bet is an F1 student visa to at leats live here for a few years if you can afford it (can't work on that visa), or continue to improve yourself and gain experience in highly sought after niche parts of your job, and then try and get a US firm to hire you and pay for a work visa.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Besides, how do you know for sure you want to live here? What is it about the US? There may be a lot of things you think are great but there are a lot of things you don't know about life here. It can be very expensive, our current president isn't very supportive of Muslims, I'm a hijabi Muslim myself and grew up in the US and have people talk about me to my face. The weather is much different, it would be difficult to get around if you can't drive. Maybe you should consider a tourist visa before you think I want to move to this place without ever having been there. 

To me it looks like that he has absolutely no clue about the visas and is desperately hoping to be eligible for any visa.

There will always be people who only are able to visit the US and then have to return back home because they are not eligible for any other visa. And it looks like you are one of those people.

Some people never have the chance to come here and live and work here. For some people it will always be a dream.  

Many people think that just because they love the USA or want to live here will make it easier for them to get a visa. But that's not how it works.

Sorry that I'm sounding so harsh but it's my personal opinion.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

8 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

Sure, but we cannot really advice someone to find a girlfriend and get married just for the purpose of moving to the US.

I know we can't. That would be illegal.

ROC Timeline

Timeline
1 hour ago, ubaidimran said:

how about church spouncer

A church cannot sponsor you, unless you are a minister and have been for some time, and come to do the same vocation here.

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Penguin_ie said:

A church cannot sponsor you, unless you are a minister and have been for some time, and come to do the same vocation here.

Not necessarily true.  I've had several friends work on R1's in different positions for churches.  Some are music directors, some youth directors 

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 hours ago, Transborderwife said:

Not necessarily true.  I've had several friends work on R1's in different positions for churches.  Some are music directors, some youth directors 

so what i am do

43 minutes ago, ubaidimran said:

so what i am do

The only thing you can do is to apply for the Green Card lottery.

It looks like that you are not eligible for any visa.

And by the way, the FB 3 visa is for married sons and daughters of US-citizens. Are you married and are your parents US-citizens? if not then don't put something in there you didn't apply for.

Edited by Becci391
ROC Timeline

Timeline
7 hours ago, ubaidimran said:

how about supplemental nonimmigrant visa

Which visa?

mod penguin.jpg

10 minutes ago, ubaidimran said:

how about IR2 Visa

and how about FB2, FB3 Visa

You said you have no relatives eligible to petition you in the US (US spouse/parent/child). Those are family-based visas. Not possible.

IR-2? Are you under 21? It sounds like you're just throwing the names of visas out there. You've been advised of your options. If there was something else, we would have said so.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.