78 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
14 hours ago, Amber87 said:

Hi, does NVC need a fingerprinted police clearance or just a standard police clearance certificate? The Australian federal police offer two options 😬 Thanks for your help! 

Hi Amber, not familiar with this.. But here are a few things to check out. 

Here are the search results for "australia police certificate" 

http://www.visajourney.com/sitesearch/?cx=partner-pub-3407508467788263%3A9725800110&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=Australia+police+clearance&sa=Search&siteurl=www.visajourney.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F636515-case-complete-to-interview-july-2017%2F%3Fpage%3D103&ref=www.visajourney.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F636515-case-complete-to-interview-july-2017%2F%3Fpage%3D104&ss=5033j2516153j17

Also, have you checked out the following? 

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Australia&tpage=1&ppage=5&forum=110

Finally.. 

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Australia&cty=&dfilter=5&topic=IR-1%2FCR-1+Visa

@Cat_Dad hope your interview went well yesterday. ;) do you have any advice for Amber here? 

Thank you!!

4 hours ago, Dee elle said:

The USCIS  document guidelines state that fingerprints are  not needed with the AFP certificate, unless requested. Most Aus vjers seem to have been ok with the certificate with no fingerprints, .. I chose to get fingerprints as we had time and I wanted to ensure no delays that I could avoid.... did I waste $60? Probably.. Would I do it again the same way.... yep... 😎

Thank you! 😊

4 hours ago, JBMG said:

Thank you for your help! 👍🏻😊

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Amber87 said:

Thank you! 😊

Thank you for your help! 👍🏻😊

Hi Amber, whatever was required by the USCIS doesn't apply for the NVC

You'll noticed on your portal, on the righthand side "Recent Visa Approvals" If you click on their profiles, you can find their VJ usernames or send them an email. Good luck.  I find by asking other filers from the same country provide you the best advice. :)  

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Australia&tpage=1&ppage=5&forum=110

11 hours ago, JBMG said:

@Cat_Dad hope your interview went well yesterday. ;) do you have any advice for Amber here? 

Thank you!!

Interview went well, thanks :) All approved.

I got my AFP Police Check through afpcheck.com and selected "Code 33 - Immigration/Citizenship - for supply to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection"

No fingerprints were required, I just had to upload enough ID to meet their criteria. It only took a couple of days to get the certificate.

Timeline
On 6/29/2017 at 2:41 AM, Cat_Dad said:

Interview went well, thanks :) All approved.

I got my AFP Police Check through afpcheck.com and selected "Code 33 - Immigration/Citizenship - for supply to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection"

No fingerprints were required, I just had to upload enough ID to meet their criteria. It only took a couple of days to get the certificate.

Great!! Glad you're all set and on your way to the US!! Hope your POE goes well. :) 

FYI @Amber87

Timeline

@Jannette23 @Nassar86 @maolga @Sd7 @ShellsBells @trininurse @JessieABC @kunzie11 @Adreamer @cesofd @James A @lol2 @Pembley @Clary @Ninahuanca @someone3 @ILKFC @ameise @Winna @Edwena @mriggs @Shugi @Kadupul @Jcattachony @mrsod @YuMa @Iffat Nizu @Palmira-Cali

HI All, i created the forum to give tips on how to avoid a checklist.. But this forum is really about gathering those who have a checklist.. I want to work with @JessieABC (or anyone of you) on creating a google form or some sort of solution where we can easily gather everyones checklist info and needed correction.. (i created one already but it sucks)..  Because it's just CRAZY what's happening to you guys. You are just the current ones with checklists but HALF of our spreadsheet have received a checklist which delayed their cases!! HALF.. So I hope we can come up with some sort of tool together that can help any future filers; preventing them from going through what you're going through...  so sorry.. Please share your stories/frustrations/ideas/solutions here.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, JBMG said:

@Jannette23 @Nassar86 @maolga @Sd7 @ShellsBells @trininurse @JessieABC @kunzie11 @Adreamer @cesofd @James A @lol2 @Pembley @Clary @Ninahuanca @someone3 @ILKFC @ameise @Winna @Edwena @mriggs @Shugi @Kadupul @Jcattachony @mrsod @YuMa @Iffat Nizu @Palmira-Cali

HI All, i created the forum to give tips on how to avoid a checklist.. But this forum is really about gathering those who have a checklist.. I want to work with @JessieABC (or anyone of you) on creating a google form or some sort of solution where we can easily gather everyones checklist info and needed correction.. (i created one already but it sucks)..  Because it's just CRAZY what's happening to you guys. You are just the current ones with checklists but HALF of our spreadsheet have received a checklist which delayed their cases!! HALF.. So I hope we can come up with some sort of tool together that can help any future filers; preventing them from going through what you're going through...  so sorry.. Please share your stories/frustrations/ideas/solutions here.. 

Hi 😊

Going into week 4 after our second scan date. We have a lawyer and somehow NVC lost 2 pages of our police certificate 

I didn't ask our lawyer if he put the case number on each sheet because I expect him to know the process much better than I do....but maybe that will help the next person-double check your paperwork, lawyer or no lawyer-seems like NVC has a habit of losing documents so it's important you cover yourself and avoid the dreaded checklist. I don't understand why they can't process every case via email-that way there is no lost paperwork! It would completely simplify this entire process and make all of our lives easier 😑

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
On 6/15/2017 at 3:59 PM, Dutchster said:

Unfortunately. pregnancy is not a reason for expedite or faster processing.

:( didnt know that pregnancy is not a reason I ask for expedite but was denied (reason i have a two and a half months baby was hoping his daddy would be here before i return to work not even mentioned that his dad missed baby birth).. got checklist on june 5 per Nvc they can not accept birth certificate doesnt meet reciprocity page requirements which is not true, on june 9 nvc received mail with same certificate and a letter that says we can not provide another certificate that is the only one we can obtain. On june 16 i called nvc and now case is under supervisor review now trying to talk with supervisor. I have been calling twice a day but no luck until yesterday night that a nice representative finally said all the supervisors are busy but someone will call me back so now waiting for supervisor call...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

At 11:13 I receive a call from supervisor Amanda, she explained to me that the copy of my husband birth certificate is not clear specifically  the coat of arms watermarked in the center thats why we got a checklist and the second mail they received from lawyer it has a copy of the same birth certificate also not clear so i need to send a clear copy of bc 

In my case totally worth it to talk with supervisor, if i hadn't called supervisor for sure I would have obtained a third checklist for same reason.

This means if send a new package scan date will reset to new date?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
23 hours ago, Ninahuanca said:

At 11:13 I receive a call from supervisor Amanda, she explained to me that the copy of my husband birth certificate is not clear specifically  the coat of arms watermarked in the center thats why we got a checklist and the second mail they received from lawyer it has a copy of the same birth certificate also not clear so i need to send a clear copy of bc 

In my case totally worth it to talk with supervisor, if i hadn't called supervisor for sure I would have obtained a third checklist for same reason.

This means if send a new package scan date will reset to new date?

Yes, it will mean you will have another scan date when you send in a clear copy. I agree, it was helpful to speak with a supervisor on my case too to get more clarification on why they couldn't accept our document

We had a checklist for court records because of a Caution on my husband's Acro police certificate.  It was ruled an invalid checklist but what we've learned that may help others filing in the UK is to get a SAR to back up court records if you have caution, No Live Trace, or Further Information Stepped Down to avoid any hassle.

If you believe you have an invalid checklist and was requested a document in error, keep calling and escalating to a Supervisor for resolution.  We received the checklist on 6/28 and managed to get the checklist overturned on 7/3.

Per the embassy instructions:

• Note: The police certificate must list all names and aliases by which you have ever been known, e.g. maiden name, alternative spellings of names used on legal documents etc. UK police certificates are valid for 12 months only.  Failure to present all necessary and valid police certificates at the time of the interview will incur significant delays to your application.  If your UK police certificate indicates “No Live Trace,”  or “Further  Information  Stepped Down” you are required to provide complete details of the offense(s) and disposition. If you do not recall the specific details, consider obtaining a Subject Access Report so that you can provide the Consular Officer with accurate information on the day of your interview. To obtain a Subject Access Report, visit http://www.acro.police.uk/subject_access.aspx.

NVC Process Guide for UK:  NVC Process (timelines, numbers, documents, steps)  

_______________________________________________________________________________________

TIMELINE (CR1 Spouse Visa)
USCIS Phase (Married in England September 3, 2016!)
Spoiler
  • 09-22-2016:  I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox (USPS Priority)
  • 09-25-2016:  USPS Priority delivery confirmation
  • 09-26-2016:  Priority date assigned (USC Spouse)
  • 09-28-2016:  I-797C NOA1 Email/Text received, check cashed; case sent to Nebraska Service Center
  • 10-03-2016:  I-797C NOA1 Hardcopy received
  • 02-15-2017:  Case transferred to Texas Service Center
  • 03-16-2017:  NOA2 Approval Date
  • 03-22-2017:  USCIS sent case to NVC, Case Status changed to "We sent your case to the Department of State for visa processing"
  • 03-23-2017:  NOA2 Harcdopy received

NVC Phase

Spoiler
  • 03-30-2017:  Case Received By NVC
  • 04-04-2017:  Case # and IIN Assigned (called NVC to confirm)
  • 04-05-2017:  DS-261 unlocked & completed, called NVC and reviewed over the phone (IV fee will unlock after a week)
  • 04-06-2017:  Received NVC Welcome Letter via Email, AOS Fee unlocked & paid online
  • 04-07-2017:  Called NVC again and rep stated DS 261 was not actually reviewed.  Re-reviewed DS-261
  • 04-11-2017:  Welcome Letter email received, IV Fee unlocked & paid online
  • 04-13-2017:  DS-260 unlocked
  • 04-14-2017:  DS-260 submitted
  • 04-30-2017:  Affidavit of Support/Documents sent via Fedex Priority Overnight (sent Sunday, to be delivered Tuesday)
  • 05-02-2017:  Affidavit of Support/Documents delivered to NVC
  • 05-04-2017:  Document Scan Date
  • 06-28-2017:  Checklist for Court Records (even though beneficiary has never been to court); escalated to Supervisor who requested case files
  • 07-03-2017:  CASE COMPLETE!!!  Called NVC on July 5 and representative confirmed status
  • 07-11-2017:  Case Complete email confirmation received
  • 07-13-2017:  NVC rep confirmed Interview Date assigned
  • 07-14-2017:  Email confirmation of Interview
  • 07-20-2017:  11 Week (77 day) expected Case Complete from Scan Date (5/4/2017)
  • 07-21-2017:  Appointment with General Practitioner to get all required shots and medical history
  • 08-01-2017,   1:10PM:  Immigration medical with Knighstbridge Doctors in London
  • 08-11-2017:  Medical files received by Consulate
  • 08-16-2017, 12:30PM:  Interview in London!!
  • 08-17-2017:  Visa status changed to Administrative Processing, then several hours later to "Issued"
  • 08-22-2017:  Passport with Visa delivered (paid for home delivery); paid immigration fee and added case to MyUSCIS for alerts
  • 11-18-2017:  Point of Entry at JFK in NYC!!! 

TIMELINE (I-751 Removal of Conditions for Spouse)
USCIS Phase 
Spoiler
  • 10-08-2019:  I-751 Mailed to Dallas USCIS PO Box (USPS Flat Rate Box)
  • 10-11-2019:  USPS delivery confirmation
  • 10-16-2019:  Text received confirming receipt number; case found in MyUSCIS system several hours later
  • 10-17-2019:  Check cashed by USCIS
  • 10-21-2019:  I-797 NOA received (Notice Date: 10/16) of acceptance
  • 11-01-2019:  I-797C NOA received (Notice Date: 10/25) for Biometrics appointment
  • 11-12-2019:  Biometrics completed
  • 11-13-2019:  Case status changed to “Fingerprint Review Was Completed”
  • 12-24-2019:  Case status changed to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken”
  • 05-27-2020:  Case status changed to “Case is Ready to be Scheduled for An Interview”
  • 04-22-2021:  Infopass appointment scheduled and extension stamp provided
  • 07-12-2021:  Inquiry submitted to USCIS for case beyond normal processing times (reply expected by 8/3)
  • 03-09-2022:  Received email response to inquiry from 7/12/22 restating status with no updates provided
  • 09-16-2022:  Inquiry submitted to USCIS for case beyond normal processing times
  • 10-17-2022:  Requested assistance from local Congressman
  • 11-28-2022:  Congressman's office received USCIS statement that "application has been identified as a potential interview waiver application"
  • 03-27-2023:  USCIS Requested additional evidence "as it has been several years since you've submitted this petition" 
  • 05-13-2023:  Sent RFE response via USPS certified Priority mail
  • 05-17-2023:  USCIS received RFE packet
  • 05-19-2023:  USCIS case status updated to “New Card is Being Produced" 
  • 05-22-2023:  USCIS case status updated to “Case Was Approved" 
  • 05-24-2023:  USCIS case status updated to reflect new Green Card was mailed
  • 05-25-2023:  USCIS case status updated to “Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office" 

Timeline
1 hour ago, JessieABC said:

We had a checklist for court records because of a Caution on my husband's Acro police certificate.  It was ruled an invalid checklist but what we've learned that may help others filing in the UK is to get a SAR to back up court records if you have caution, No Live Trace, or Further Information Stepped Down to avoid any hassle.

If you believe you have an invalid checklist and was requested a document in error, keep calling and escalating to a Supervisor for resolution.  We received the checklist on 6/28 and managed to get the checklist overturned on 7/3.

Per the embassy instructions:

• Note: The police certificate must list all names and aliases by which you have ever been known, e.g. maiden name, alternative spellings of names used on legal documents etc. UK police certificates are valid for 12 months only.  Failure to present all necessary and valid police certificates at the time of the interview will incur significant delays to your application.  If your UK police certificate indicates “No Live Trace,”  or “Further  Information  Stepped Down” you are required to provide complete details of the offense(s) and disposition. If you do not recall the specific details, consider obtaining a Subject Access Report so that you can provide the Consular Officer with accurate information on the day of your interview. To obtain a Subject Access Report, visit http://www.acro.police.uk/subject_access.aspx.

great post Jessie!! :) So awesome that you provided the solution!! :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi everyone.

This is way i got the f#([!#@ check list

First: this is for Colombia

As JBMG says we HAVE to check the format of documents requested for the NVC.

My mistake was: i sent the same birth certificate that i sent to USCIS thinking that since it worked for them why it shouldn't work for DOS... well... WRONG!.. they request what is call "copy of the book" birth certificate.. whatever.. i called NVC 3 different times to speak with 3 different guys but they all told me the same thing..: or i send them the right document or i send a letter explaining that at the moment was not possible to produce the correct document and that i will present it the day of the interview .

(I hope u guys understand what I'm saying. )

I did request when i called "please move my case forward and that i will present the right document the day of the interview"... well.. they refused all 3 times and told me the same thing. !

So i did.. whatever.. wait 9 weeks. BS.

The other thing is that for Colombia we don't need to send Police Certificates and translation of birth certificate to NVC.

Police certificate we have to show only the interview day, i guess because in Colombia is free and instant to print.  

Translation are not necessary at all (Birth certificate).

Hope this information is helpful. 

Wish u guys the best

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.