78 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Florence & Jos said:

Thanks again for all your information, I will supply as soon as CHECKLIST or CC from NVC.

You know you are still within 11 weeks to get followup from NVC.

We are working on NVC package. Unpleasantly surprised I have to bring in certified copies for interview, after filing for I-130 where we did bring them already. Shame on me... I was all over the internet for information, not good enough though.

And... about police report and military records. Did not expect them asking those now, we were of opinion it could last till interview... They would expire, we said.

We 'll be on track with one more week. Florence didn't file for taxes ever... She's under limits to file. We'll show evidence... and probably have a quick tax return done for 2016 online. She's not there yet... :rolleyes: She will call NVC whether she needs to do so. Where do questions for evidence end? It depends on the officer, right!?

DS-260 is ready to submit, we'll do so as soon we completed all the papers for this package.

You're making a difference with what you do for all of us! :thumbs:Good Luck with your case! :star:

You're welcome. :)

You can order something from the IRS saying Florence didn't file for taxes. Need to explain in a letter why didn't file.. With the "Verification of Non-filing Letter" should def help your case. 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/tax-return-transcript-types-and-ways-to-order-them

• Verification of Non-filing Letter - provides proof that the IRS has no record of a filed Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ for the year you requested. It doesn't indicate whether you were required to file a return for that year. This letter is available after June 15 for the current tax year or anytime for the prior three tax years using Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T. You must use Form 4506-T if you need a letter for tax years older than the prior three years.

Also.. Here is link to all the forum threads related to K3 visa type. Hopefully you can find more help there.. Def post all of your questions on there. ;) Please ignore the previous forum I provided above.. That's for a different visa type..  

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/81-k-3-spouse-visa-process-amp-procedures/

On 6/15/2017 at 0:42 PM, KaurN said:

I got a checklist because I submitted the wrong Police certificate for my husband. Will it take another 11 weeks for NVC to review the one document they requested?

Hi When you say "Wrong police certificate" what does it mean? Id like to get a heads up info when my case is at NVC soon. Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, humamandrifa said:

Hi When you say "Wrong police certificate" what does it mean? Id like to get a heads up info when my case is at NVC soon. Thanks!

I submitted a police certificate that we got from the local superintendents office, we were supposed to get on from the passport office. It doesn't hurt submitting both but you definitely need one from the passport office. I don't know which country you are in but I would get started on that already. It is taking us close to a month to get a police certificate from that passport office.

1 hour ago, KaurN said:

I submitted a police certificate that we got from the local superintendents office, we were supposed to get on from the passport office. It doesn't hurt submitting both but you definitely need one from the passport office. I don't know which country you are in but I would get started on that already. It is taking us close to a month to get a police certificate from that passport office.

Thanks the country is Indonesia, I wonder which country are you referring to? when you say passport office is it in any police department or has to be government?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, humamandrifa said:

Thanks the country is Indonesia, I wonder which country are you referring to? when you say passport office is it in any police department or has to be government?

9 minutes ago, humamandrifa said:

My husband will immigrating to the United States from India. So in order to get a police certificate he had to apply for it at the local passport office.

Timeline

TIP: Join your country's portal. You'll find others from your country giving useful immigration tips/advice.  

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 6/17/2017 at 3:39 AM, KaurN said:

My husband will immigrating to the United States from India. So in order to get a police certificate he had to apply for it at the local passport office.

Getting PCC depends on various factors. If your husband has been at the address he is trying to get the PCC for more than a year then it takes 10 business days as per passport office but in real it takes much less. I got mine in 2 days in DELHI.

Edited by PP_2016

My VISA Journey so far:
USCIS - I-130

Spoiler

05/2016: Got Married

09/28/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
10/03/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Potomac Service Centre
01/25/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/02/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

NVC

Spoiler

02/17/2017: Case number assigned
02/23/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
02/23/2017: DS 261 Completed

02/23/2017: AOS fees paid

03/06/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/08/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/14/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/16/2017: AOS & IV Package received at NVC

03/20/2017: SCAN DATE

05/22/2017: Case complete at NVC

06/02/2017: Interview Notification received

06/10/2017: Medical done

06/25/2017:Biometrics done

07/11/2017: Interview in New Delhi

07/11/2017: VISA APPROVED!!

07/12/2017: Got notification that the passport if ready for pick up

07/13/2017: Passport/VISA in hand.

ROC Approved

Spoiler

06/01/2019: I-751 sent to USCIS Lewisville, TX

06/04/2019: I-751 package delivered to USCIS Lewisville, TX

06/10/2019: Check cleared.

06/10/2019: 18 months extension letter (hard copy) received in mail. 

06/21/2019: Biometrics appointment letter received in mail for the appointment on 07/03/2019

07/03/2019: Biometrics completed.

12/15/2021: Combo interview with N-400 (Applied May 2020). Approved.

N400 Approved

Spoiler

05/04/2020: Applied Online. Notice received.

10/22/2020: Biometric Reuse notice received.

11/09/2021: Interview scheduled for 12/15/2021.

12/15/2021: Interview. Approved.

Timeline

Here is a copy/paste of all the cases who received checklists from Feb/March/April.. 

W-2 for 2016 bring to interview
1st checklist 12/07/17 . correct info in AOS : in the application in sponsor's household size i filled the box #3 instead of #1.
2nd checklist 02/11/17 only sent corrected pages. Didn't know that i had to send all 12 pages again . my latest scan date was 02/15/17
2016 tax transcript, affidavits incorrect box check in part 1
2016 W2 forms
Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial documents
AOS (I-864) Missing/incorrect information.
Asked for proof of canadian residence (PR card) which was already submitted with I-130 and mailed document to NVC on June 12th. Also assessment for W2 form which I can take in Interview.
Birth certificate
Bring the evidents of assets to the interview appointment.
Checklist for a death certificate
Computer generated birth certificate
Correction on I-864
Court record
Court Records
Criminal records, police records, i864, tax returns, w2's, birth certificates, passport copies, photos, notorized employment verification, domicile verification, marriage certificate.
financial documents
Financial documents (standard as we are using assets). Also said we had incorrect birth certificate. When I called to clarify, turned out it was incorrect police certificate.
I have 2 scan dates because I found out I sent the wrong birth cert , So I mailed out a new one and got a new scan date
I need to take Mexican police certificate and revise Part 5 (Sponsor's Household Size) Section 8 on AOS
I-864 revision. Must bring to Interview
I-864, some places left blank.
Incorrect BC and police report
Incorrect birth certificate. Needs to be one with parents names
Incorrect household size on i-864
Incorrect Marriage Certificate
long form birth certif
Marriage Certificate and Police Certificate
Mexico Police Certificate
Missing Birth Certificate
missing i-i-864a (household member)
Missing police record
Missing ppc
NVC could not accept our police certificate-apparently they lost 2 pages of it
NZ Police Certificate. Cannot be requested by me directly, has to be requested through the embassy.
obsolete AOS form
Original w-2 for 2016
part 4 we forgot to tick a box
PCC and W2 form
Photocopy of original birth certificate
Police Certificate
Police certificate from Germany
Police report , w2 from my sponsor
Request to bring new police certificates to the interview. The ones we submitted expired during the process, due to NVC's long processing time.
Requested missing Nigeria police clearance
Requested tax info for 2016 for one joint sponsor since they filled out the I-864 prior to 2016 taxes being filed
They asked for a copy of my husbands Canadian green card. OR landing paper.
They said it was an incorrect birth certificate.
They say we are missing Birth Cert and Police Cert but we sent them.
W2
W2 forms

Wrong birth certificate

====

Have you had a chance to look at our spreadsheet? Open to all NVC scan dates in 2017 (mail, email, CEAC upload)

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser) 

Please visit the following, this will update the spreadsheet with your info. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

Thank you, JBMG

On 6/15/2017 at 4:01 PM, KaurN said:

Yes I am aware of that. Im just wondering if talking a supervisor can help in any way because based on the 11 week processing time my husband would miss my delivery 😞

It wouldn't help.

I tried everything under the sun, ended up giving birth alone and now our son is 7 months old and hasn't met his daddy

painful to witness

hurry up and finish all the documents so your husband arrives asap

Congratulations and good luck with you pregnancy! 

Edited by fitleo

It seems that NVC loses a lot of papers and then requests them resetting the scan date 

How can this be remedied? Should I send a copy of each document I submit (for instance, 2 I-864 forms, 2 copies of police certificates, etc)??

I know we're submitting copies to begin with, but if THEY lose them, why are we being penalized?

Thx much!!!

Timeline
On 6/22/2017 at 9:13 AM, fitleo said:

It seems that NVC loses a lot of papers and then requests them resetting the scan date 

How can this be remedied? Should I send a copy of each document I submit (for instance, 2 I-864 forms, 2 copies of police certificates, etc)??

I know we're submitting copies to begin with, but if THEY lose them, why are we being penalized?

Thx much!!!

This is why it's very important to write your Case number on the upper right-hand side of each document, including your AOS/i-864 form. :) Please read this post. It's the first one in this forum. 

On 6/15/2017 at 0:46 AM, JBMG said:

Avoid getting a checklist. Here are the most common reasons why people get a checklist. 

FIRST off, the NVC does not receive your documents from the USCIS. The only documents they review are the ones you send them. And the VERSION of documents you sent to the USCIS, may not acceptable at the NVC. VERY important, check the US embassy website in your country to see if you can get a detailed list of the versions of the documents you must need. Normally their list will tell you the version you need. Make sure you include everything that is required (applicable to you) from your NVC welcome letter. 

Here is a list of the most common reasons why the NVC delays cases asking for new documentation to be sent to them.. Delaying the processing for another  8-11 weeks! 

THE NVC loses your documents: 

Make sure you write your CASE number on EVERY copy, including your AOS/i-864 form.. TIP:  Buy a stamp and stamp each copy..  Or print out the applicant's case number/name on a label sheet, then cut and stick on each copy.

Use the correct version of each document: Verify the version you need with the US embassy you're having an interview at. If copies are not in the embassy accepted language, have them translated. But send the copies of the original with it. 

AOS/i-864: Write None and N/A on any empty field.. You can't do this via the computer.. Have to handwrite this. Include EVERY page, and sign it. Even if there is nothing on the page, you include it and write None and N/A on every empty field. 

Police and Court Records

If you lived in any country more than 6 months, you have to request and police report from that country.. If you have any court records, you have to request those too. 

The following are commonly lost, missing, or the correct version wasn't sent in originally. 

Police records/Police clearance

Court records

Birth certificate

Marriage certificate 

Landing Papers 

Proof of residency. For example, you're from Portugal but living in Canada. You need to send the NVC your canadian proof of residency and landing papers. 

Tax Transcripts, W2 Forms, 1099 forms. If you don't have a w2, and tax transcripts explain why you don't have them in a letter.

Divorce records

Here is a list of real checklists from Feb/March/April cases.. Don't let this happen to you. 

=======

Asked for proof of canadian residence (PR card) which was already submitted with I-130 and mailed document to NVC on June 12th. Also assessment for W2 form which I can take in Interview.
Court record
Incorrect BC and police report
Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial documents
Photocopy of original birth certificate
Missing Birth Certificate
Wrong birth certificate
missing i-i-864a (household member)
They say we are missing Birth Cert and Police Cert but we sent them.
Missing police record
NVC could not accept our police certificate-apparently they lost 2 pages of it
Birth certificate
1st checklist 12/07/17 . correct info in AOS : in the application in sponsor's household size i filled the box #3 instead of #1.
2nd checklist 02/11/17 only sent corrected pages. Didn't know that i had to send all 12 pages again . my latest scan date was 02/15/17
I-864, some places left blank.
They said it was an incorrect birth certificate.
Checklist for a death certificate
Court Records
obsolete AOS form
Incorrect birth certificate. Needs to be one with parents names
Incorrect Marriage Certificate
Financial documents (standard as we are using assets). Also said we had incorrect birth certificate. When I called to clarify, turned out it was incorrect police certificate.
Missing ppc
Marriage Certificate and Police Certificate
Computer generated birth certificate
Police report , w2 from my sponsor
PCC and W2 form
requested missing Nigeria police clearance

=====

Don't hesitate to add to the list. :) Complete this Checklist Survey . 

To see all the results, click on the following:

Checklist Responses

Thank you for your time in filling out the survey, with your help, this will hopefully help others who are about to submit their file to the NVC. And possibly help the NVC improve their instructions to reduce the amount of cases receiving a checklist. 

Thank you, 

JBMG

Also, please join the following forum to ask any questions you have about the NVC process, etc.. You'll find others who are about to file with the NVC or already have.. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 6/16/2017 at 4:56 PM, KaurN said:

It took my hubby 14 days to get his PCC and over 35 days to get his birth certificate. The wait is not easy....hang in there!

Are you going through Seva now? http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

Timeline
3 minutes ago, amul said:

It took my hubby 14 days to get his PCC and over 35 days to get his birth certificate. The wait is not easy....hang in there!

Are you going through Seva now? http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp

We finally got the PCC last week. It took an entire month because he had to get a new passport first with my name as his spouse on it.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, KaurN said:

We finally got the PCC last week. It took an entire month because he had to get a new passport first with my name as his spouse on it.

Oh dang! So sorry! Sigh....

You are on your way now, breath! Onward and upward! :) 

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.