Lion Star

Administrative Processing-Can someone explain about reply from US Embassy Islamabad

690 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Visa20177 said:

you will get ur passport within one week, and i wanna know how long it take in ur case after interview and whats ur visa category?

My visa Category was F2b, I had interview in April, but they ask to submit some documents, I mailed them on June 2nd. 

Hi,

We had interview in Nov 2017 and since then status for two potential immigrant is "Ready" and for another one is "Administrative Processing". It is quite disheartening and frustrating to see snail pace movement, as website state:

Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of your visa interview. When additional administrative processing is required, the length of processing time will vary based on the circumstances of each case.

source: Application Pending Further Action

Although, there are almost 90 days passed but still no positive signs, but floating only on hopes.

Wishing all of you good luck with best wishes. Please keep thread alive and keep posted about progress.

Best,

Edited by silverhawk

1 hour ago, silverhawk said:

Hi,

We had interview in Nov 2017 and since then status for two potential immigrant is "Ready" and for another one is "Administrative Processing". It is quite disheartening and frustrating to see snail pace movement, as website state:

Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of your visa interview. When additional administrative processing is required, the length of processing time will vary based on the circumstances of each case.

source: Application Pending Further Action

Although, there are almost 90 days passed but still no positive signs, but floating only on hopes.

Wishing all of you good luck with best wishes. Please keep thread alive and keep posted about progress.

Best,

Hi.

i have the same problem. IR1. Visa approved Dec-14-17.  I was told 2 weeks to get my passport.  It has been 62 days. They put me on admin prosess. But my status says “Ready” also. I do get updates on CEAC almost every now and then. Still waiting. And hoping for the best. Good luck to all of us..!  

25 minutes ago, Abid999 said:

Hi.

i have the same problem. IR1. Visa approved Dec-14-17.  I was told 2 weeks to get my passport.  It has been 62 days. They put me on admin prosess. But my status says “Ready” also. I do get updates on CEAC almost every now and then. Still waiting. And hoping for the best. Good luck to all of us..!  

I'm not even getting status date updated, my visa cartogory is IR-1 and I had interview at islamabad embassy on 23 Jan, 2017... After than my case  status date got change on 2nd Feb 🙁🙁

1 hour ago, Visa20177 said:

I'm not even getting status date updated, my visa cartogory is IR-1 and I had interview at islamabad embassy on 23 Jan, 2017... After than my case  status date got change on 2nd Feb 🙁🙁

Was your visa approved? At your interview? What did the Visa Officer tell you? Send them emails once a month at least . Ask for updates. 

2 minutes ago, Abid999 said:

Was your visa approved? At your interview? What did the Visa Officer tell you? Send them emails once a month at least . Ask for updates. 

After 5 min of interview, CO gave me white paper in which administrative processing was tick and he didn't say anything except he told me I will send you email and I will ask for additional thing... So ur supposed to provide us. And I didn't ask for updates, I heard its bad idea. 

15 hours ago, Visa20177 said:

After 5 min of interview, CO gave me white paper in which administrative processing was tick and he didn't say anything except he told me I will send you email and I will ask for additional thing... So ur supposed to provide us. And I didn't ask for updates, I heard its bad idea. 

Asking for updates is your fundamental right. At least ONCE every 30 to 60 days especially if no updates on CEAC. Some times they put your file away and don’t touch it till you ask them ANYWAYS  wish you luck. ..!

Hi Guys! Hope you are all doing well. I am in AP since 11.5 months. At the end of the interview Consular officer informed me everything was in good order. I am sending your case to department of state for further processing while she was giving me  DS5535 she also  said you will get your passport back with in two weeks. She kept the passport Afterwards i had 5 updates from them in which  3 with in two weeks from the interview. One in late august and one in late October . I got an update today. What you guys think? I am Mechatronics Engineer. My last name is Khan which they have an issue 🤨I been in United States back 2014. I traveled a lot and have very good travel history. When i was giving interview i got a chance to see my file  and noticed that there was written SAO? Security advisory opinion? I know my case is stuck for Washington clearance . My case wasn’t updated for a while today i had an update might be consulate department forward some information to the consular officer what you guys think ? Please share your experience 

1 hour ago, ZKSR said:

Hi Guys! Hope you are all doing well. I am in AP since 11.5 months. At the end of the interview Consular officer informed me everything was in good order. I am sending your case to department of state for further processing while she was giving me  DS5535 she also  said you will get your passport back with in two weeks. She kept the passport Afterwards i had 5 updates from them in which  3 with in two weeks from the interview. One in late august and one in late October . I got an update today. What you guys think? I am Mechatronics Engineer. My last name is Khan which they have an issue 🤨I been in United States back 2014. I traveled a lot and have very good travel history. When i was giving interview i got a chance to see my file  and noticed that there was written SAO? Security advisory opinion? I know my case is stuck for Washington clearance . My case wasn’t updated for a while today i had an update might be consulate department forward some information to the consular officer what you guys think ? Please share your experience 

Its really surprising that you have a good travel history and your AP is taking so long. Yeah its possible that the recent ceac status update is a positive sign for you. I pray for you to get your visa soon.i m in AP since 5 months. VO asked that visa is approved and i can take passport back in 5 days. And it's been 5 months now. They sent me DS5355 and i sent it back on the same day 3 months ago. Hoping for the best..did you get email for anothr medical? Previous one has expired?

7 minutes ago, Shazyyo said:

Its really surprising that you have a good travel history and your AP is taking so long. Yeah its possible that the recent ceac status update is a positive sign for you. I pray for you to get your visa soon.i m in AP since 5 months. VO asked that visa is approved and i can take passport back in 5 days. And it's been 5 months now. They sent me DS5355 and i sent it back on the same day 3 months ago. Hoping for the best..did you get email for anothr medical? Previous one has expired?

I have alot of visas on my Passport for example USA  UK Canada Germany France Italy etc 

Furthermore, I been in more than 30 countries...

I had update on my case yesterday after couple of months. My wife made an enquiry back July 2017 she was informed that your husband case is in additional administrative processing. It’s out of our control. We will contact you and your husband when it completes.I m guessing they heard something from coordination division (DOS). I hope they will ask me for medical for next couply of days.  What do you think? Because my case is pretty straight forward. We did DCF from germany while we were living in Germany.  Please update me your opinion? 

29 minutes ago, ZKSR said:

I have alot of visas on my Passport for example USA  UK Canada Germany France Italy etc 

Furthermore, I been in more than 30 countries...

I had update on my case yesterday after couple of months. My wife made an enquiry back July 2017 she was informed that your husband case is in additional administrative processing. It’s out of our control. We will contact you and your husband when it completes.I m guessing they heard something from coordination division (DOS). I hope they will ask me for medical for next couply of days.  What do you think? Because my case is pretty straight forward. We did DCF from germany while we were living in Germany.  Please update me your opinion? 

Yes I think that you will be getting your medical soon and after that they will issue your visa and it will have an expiry of 5-6 months depending on the expiry of medical. Your travel history is great. I think its all about the long and never ending queue of security background checks. Hopefully your date update on ceac will bring a good news for you  We can hope for the best.. I m also very worried about my case. Medical is going to get expired in March 

1 minute ago, Shazyyo said:

Yes I think that you will be getting your medical soon and after that they will issue your visa and it will have an expiry of 5-6 months depending on the expiry of medical. Your travel history is great. I think its all about the long and never ending queue of security background checks. Hopefully your date update on ceac will bring a good news for you  We can hope for the best.. I m also very worried about my case. Medical is going to get expired in March 

Hope so . Thanks for the kind words. 

Well, where are you from originally? Tell me bit about you case? Why are you in AP? What do you think? 

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.