Lion Star

Administrative Processing-Can someone explain about reply from US Embassy Islamabad

690 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello, 

I am from Pakistan, I had given interview in US Embassy Islamabad in March, 2017 for IR-1/CR-1 visa and Consular office issued me Administrative Processing marked letter after 5-10mins of interview. Yesterday, I have sent an email/inquiry to US Embassy Islamabad and they have sent me following reply

Thank you for writing to our office. Your immigrant visa case is your visa application is "refused" for administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication and issuance process that can neither be neither expedited nor waived. Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take and timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case. 

Please be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will process the application to completion as quickly as possible, in accordance with U.S. laws. We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants and regret any inconvenience.  The visa application will be reconsidered when administrative processing is complete.

Now, I am confused why they have used the word "refused", can someone explain me. Also my CEAC status date has changed to 13th June present date and case is showing administrative processing. CEAC Picture status is also attached. 

1.JPG

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Lion Star said:

Hello, 

I am from Pakistan, I had given interview in US Embassy Islamabad in March, 2017 for IR-1/CR-1 visa and Consular office issued me Administrative Processing marked letter after 5-10mins of interview. Yesterday, I have sent an email/inquiry to US Embassy Islamabad and they have sent me following reply

Thank you for writing to our office. Your immigrant visa case is your visa application is "refused" for administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication and issuance process that can neither be neither expedited nor waived. Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take and timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case. 

Please be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will process the application to completion as quickly as possible, in accordance with U.S. laws. We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants and regret any inconvenience.  The visa application will be reconsidered when administrative processing is complete.

Now, I am confused why they have used the word "refused", can someone explain me. Also my CEAC status date has changed to 13th June present date and case is showing administrative processing. CEAC Picture status is also attached. 

1.JPG

I am in the same boat with you. Your status is showing AP while mine is showing refused and embassy email states the same as yours. I don't know what they are doing. its really confusing.

Here is the email they sent us today.

Thank you for writing to our office. Your immigrant visa case has been refused under INA Section 221(g) for administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication and issuance process that can neither be expedited nor waived. Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take and timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case. The visa application will be reconsidered when administrative processing is complete. 

Please be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will process the application to completion as quickly as possible, in accordance with U.S. laws. We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants and regret any inconvenience.

Well, I wonder what ours will say soon. My husband's interview was May 15, where he was given AP. When I look up our case, it says READY, but the words under ready say our case is ready for the INTERVIEW. It does have one update of May 23. Does this mean that we aren't even officially in AP yet? OMG, this can take forever! It will be 2 years in Dec. that I sent in the paperwork. We originally had a date early in Feb. of 2016 that our case was created. We had a big delay because of a divorce paper they needed (they accepted the one we had for another couple's case, but not ours). Anyway, now it says our case was started in Oct. of last year. That means they started our case all over 9 months later, even though the papers were sent in August of 2016...what a crock!!!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

Well, I wonder what ours will say soon. My husband's interview was May 15, where he was given AP. When I look up our case, it says READY, but the words under ready say our case is ready for the INTERVIEW. It does have one update of May 23. Does this mean that we aren't even officially in AP yet? OMG, this can take forever! It will be 2 years in Dec. that I sent in the paperwork. We originally had a date early in Feb. of 2016 that our case was created. We had a big delay because of a divorce paper they needed (they accepted the one we had for another couple's case, but not ours). Anyway, now it says our case was started in Oct. of last year. That means they started our case all over 9 months later, even though the papers were sent in August of 2016...what a crock!!!

I noticed in multiple posts here on VJ that Islamabad embassy leave the case on ready even if its in AP most of the time than change to AP when they are ready to issue visa.

I saw few ppl case status stuck on Ready after interview and changed to AP and issue in same day. But even at ready its still consider AP after interview.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

helo.. i m daniyal...... my interview was held on 9th, May 2017.... My visa category is F4. At the time of interview CO told us that your documents are ok and they also carry our pasports.....after that they asked us to send the DNA reports which were silghtly missing to them. I send the DNA reports to islamabad us embasy via email. Now please tell me how much time it will take to approve our visas. We are in so much conflict and frustrated. Is their anything to worry about in my case? Please ans

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Daniyal Naeem said:

helo.. i m daniyal...... my interview was held on 9th, May 2017.... My visa category is F4. At the time of interview CO told us that your documents are ok and they also carry our pasports.....after that they asked us to send the DNA reports which were silghtly missing to them. I send the DNA reports to islamabad us embasy via email. Now please tell me how much time it will take to approve our visas. We are in so much conflict and frustrated. Is their anything to worry about in my case? Please ans

First, You need to contact the embassy to check if they got your docs or not. If docs are accepted then rest is the wait game till they finish AP and issue you the visa.

• 4 weeks later...

My interview was on 24th of may... issue was divorce certificate which I submitted 4 years ago for K1 which unfortunately was withdrawn after approval.. after 4 years I met my fiancé now we applied again for K1 but this time they said that the divorce certificate is fake 🙄... I was divorced 11 years ago in family court... I mailed them and my case was updated on 31st may and then on 8th of June... they mailed me back this statement... 

i am very confused on my interview they said that this case is refused, then they said we trust you and we know that you are divorced,,, and third statement was made when they kept my passport I asked them if I am denied why are you keeping my passport so co said this is not the last decision.. I left my job it is very frustrating can anyone help me please?

Dear Applicant, 

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk. 

We understand that you would like to know the status 

Thank you for writing to our office. Your immigrant visa case is undergoing routine but required administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication and issuance process that can neither be expedited nor waived. Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take and timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case. 

Please be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will process the application to completion as quickly as possible, in accordance with U.S. laws. We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants and regret any inconvenience. Once the administrative processing is complete, we will contact you.

Timeline
2 hours ago, S Daar said:

My interview was on 24th of may... issue was divorce certificate which I submitted 4 years ago for K1 which unfortunately was withdrawn after approval.. after 4 years I met my fiancé now we applied again for K1 but this time they said that the divorce certificate is fake 🙄... I was divorced 11 years ago in family court... I mailed them and my case was updated on 31st may and then on 8th of June... they mailed me back this statement... 

i am very confused on my interview they said that this case is refused, then they said we trust you and we know that you are divorced,,, and third statement was made when they kept my passport I asked them if I am denied why are you keeping my passport so co said this is not the last decision.. I left my job it is very frustrating can anyone help me please?

Dear Applicant, 

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk. 

We understand that you would like to know the status 

Thank you for writing to our office. Your immigrant visa case is undergoing routine but required administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication and issuance process that can neither be expedited nor waived. Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take and timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case. 

Please be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will process the application to completion as quickly as possible, in accordance with U.S. laws. We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants and regret any inconvenience. Once the administrative processing is complete, we will contact you.

It simply means that you case is under Administrative processing. There is no time limit for how long it would take. It can take few days, few week, months or years. It vary from case to case. All you can do now is wait, You can't expedite it or do anything till the AP finished.

58 minutes ago, Mehar said:

It simply means that you case is under Administrative processing. There is no time limit for how long it would take. It can take few days, few week, months or years. It vary from case to case. All you can do now is wait, You can't expedite it or do anything till the AP finished.

What about your case? Any good news?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.