wewillmakeit

K 1 Visa would like some input

81 posts in this topic

Hello everyone :)

New to the site glad I found it too. I was hoping I can get some input from you guys that have been dealing with this long process for some time now. My case is a little different because I did hire and attorney. Me and my fiancé who lives in Dominican Republic send out our I-129F on March 11th and I got the receipt that the case was received March 17th and now we have been waiting for almost 3 months to get our NOA2 but still nothing. I called my attorney and all he can say is that we have to have patience and wait because this is the longest wait period between NOA1 & NOA2. From reading all of your guys stories has me really worried & in panic mode because we do have our wedding set for September How much longer do we still have to wait? What month is USCIS is currently working on? Any advice would be gladly appreciated

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Average wait time for NOA2 is currently around 3-4 months, with the occasional rare case taking a bit longer. USCIS seems to be focusing on February cases currently, but some early March filers have seen approvals this past week as well. 

Unfortunately attorneys cannot speed up the process.

Edited by RJandHamid

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

7 minutes ago, justus2017 said:

Hello everyone :)

New to the site glad I found it too. I was hoping I can get some input from you guys that have been dealing with this long process for some time now. My case is a little different because I did hire and attorney. Me and my fiancé who lives in Dominican Republic send out our I-129F on March 11th and I got the receipt that the case was received March 17th and now we have been waiting for almost 3 months to get our NOA2 but still nothing. I called my attorney and all he can say is that we have to have patience and wait because this is the longest wait period between NOA1 & NOA2. From reading all of your guys stories has me really worried & in panic mode because we do have our wedding set for September How much longer do we still have to wait? What month is USCIS is currently working on? Any advice would be gladly appreciated

For starters, there are still February filers that haven't gotten their NOA2 or RFE. You're still within the timeframe and CSC have just started issuing NOA2s for people with NOA1s from March 11th. You'll probably hear from them this or next week provided that your case file review went smoothly. Otherwise, it could take longer than 3 months.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

2 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

For starters, there are still February filers that haven't gotten their NOA2 or RFE. You're still within the timeframe and CSC have just started issuing NOA2s for people with NOA1s from March 11th. You'll probably hear from them this or next week provided that your case file review went smoothly. Otherwise, it could take longer than 3 months.

Thank you and I hope it doesn't take longer. It already feels like it has been forever

5 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

Average wait time for NOA2 is currently around 3-4 months, with the occasional rare case taking a bit longer. USCIS seems to be focusing on February cases currently, but some early March filers have seen approvals this past week as well. 

We are coming up on 3 months from the day USCIS received our I-129F thank you for the reply

Just now, justus2017 said:

Thank you and I hope it doesn't take longer. It already feels like it has been forever

Keeping my fingers crossed for you but September might leave you guys with little buffer between visa approval and your big day. Hope it works out.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Just now, KULtoATL said:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you but September might leave you guys with little buffer between visa approval and your big day. Hope it works out.

Thank you I am starting to think that September was just wishful thinking :(

8 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

Unfortunately attorneys cannot speed up the process.

Unfortunately I did just realized that :(

It's hard to plan a wedding when one can't be sure as to when they'll be given a visa. If you haven't booked any vendors, you can still consider a courthouse wedding first so that you can proceed with the AOS. Thereafter your reception or big ceremony could be on a subsequent date. Less stressful.

6 minutes ago, justus2017 said:

I have booked vendors and I cant get my deposits back either. It has been one hella of ride I tell you that

Now we can just hope for the best :)

So how's the wedding planning going? 

1 minute ago, KULtoATL said:

Now we can just hope for the best :)

So how's the wedding planning going? 

I am hoping for the best and the wedding planning is very stressful as well but it is coming along great. Have the venue, wedding decorator & ect just missing one thing the groom :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.