Irisandjoel

Unreliable processing times - I-129F NOA2

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

I am new to this site and I hope I can get some answers/moral support here :)

My fiancé applied for my K1 visa and sent in the I-129F in February, and he got the receipt that the case was received Feb 28th. And now we have been waiting and I have been following the current service center processing times from this website and checking our case status every day for the past few weeks since the website claimed they were getting closer to the date of our case. In middle of last week they were processing feb 28th but still no change in case status. So my fiancé called USCIS today to ask them about the case status and they tell him our case was forwarded from Texas service center to California (we had no idea about that) and that California is currently processing December 15th!!! :S Which means still 2-3 months of waiting until they finally get to our case. 

So apparently the processing times this website is showing are waaaayyy off. And I'm pissed about that obviously, getting my hopes up and all that..

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/index.php?cfl=0 - this is the website I checked to see the processing times.

But the guy on the phone then said that when they finally get to our case that there isn't much of a wait after that until I schedule my interview at the embassy... Which I think is weird since according to a timeline flowchart from this website they give about 10 weeks from NOA2 until embassy interview... or is that bull too?

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

So yeah.. kinda sad and depressed right now, had been hoping to have my visa approved in end of August and to be moving in middle/end of september.. but seems like it's gonna be much later than that. 

- Iris 

Edited by Ontarkie
edited for language

Timeline
2 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

Firstly, your case was not transferred from Texas to California. Texas was just the receiving facility and they routes all I-129Fs to California Service Center currently.

Secondly, your fiancé probably talked to a Tier 1 officer and he/she couldn't give case specific status information. The current processing trend is at least 3 months and it could be more. So hang in there. There are still a lot of people with your NOA2 date that haven't got an approval, rejection or RFE.

Your fiancé can try to call USCIS again and ask to speak to a Tier 2 officer instead.

Oh I see, according to info I found on the internet it said the Texas service center would handle our case since we filed it from North-Carolina at the time. But now I know better.

Yeah, he's gonna call again tomorrow and talk to someone else. He has called them several times before when filling out the I-129F and never got the same answers to his questions..  

RE: the flowchart, that's just a rough estimate. Everyone's case takes a different amount of time. Some less, some more. So the best thing you can do is to not compare and stress yourself out (F)

One more suggestion, have your fiance sign up for USPS Informed Delivery. He'll get a scan of incoming letters for each day so he'll be able to tell in advance when there's a USCIS letter.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

USCIS always gives a 6 month estimate from NOA1 to NOA2. They update the processing times once a month, usually around the middle of the month. I am guessing that sometime next week the processing time will change to 'As of January 15, 2017'. With that being said, we can tell by data submitted by users here that actual NOA2 wait time tends to be shorter, currently at around 3-4 months. A few users have been waiting longer, but the average time frame is 3-4 months. They are currently focusing on February files, so I suspect that you will get your approval sometime soon, but it's impossible to predict for certain. 

Waiting for NOA2 does tend to be the longest waiting period. Visa in hand by end of August could still be a reality, assuming that you receive NOA2 within the next few weeks, meaning no RFE. The NVC process currently takes around 1 month, and the interview scheduling will depend on the embassy availability. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Just now, Irisandjoel said:

Oh I see, according to info I found on the internet it said the Texas service center would handle our case since we filed it from North-Carolina at the time. But now I know better.

Yeah, he's gonna call again tomorrow and talk to someone else. He has called them several times before when filling out the I-129F and never got the same answers to his questions..  

USCIS used to divert the cases that way, I guess to share the workloads. But as of end of last year or early this year, I-129Fs are under CSC's responsibility.

Ask your fiance to request to speak to a Tier 2. The Tier 1 will either patch him through or ask him to leave his phone number to be contacted by a Tier 2 subsequently.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Timeline
1 minute ago, KULtoATL said:

RE: the flowchart, that's just a rough estimate. Everyone's case takes a different amount of time. Some less, some more. So the best thing you can do is to not compare and stress yourself out (F)

One more suggestion, have your fiance sign up for USPS Informed Delivery. He'll get a scan of incoming letters for each day so he'll be able to tell in advance when there's a USCIS letter.

Yeah I figured it was a rough estimate. I'm trying not to get too overwhelmed and stressed out, it's just tough.. sitting around waiting and not knowing.. and we haven't seen each other for 5 months now but I'm going for a visit in a few days thankfully!

Thanks for the USPS tip, I will ask him to do that. 

1 minute ago, Irisandjoel said:

Yeah I figured it was a rough estimate. I'm trying not to get too overwhelmed and stressed out, it's just tough.. sitting around waiting and not knowing.. and we haven't seen each other for 5 months now but I'm going for a visit in a few days thankfully!

Thanks for the USPS tip, I will ask him to do that. 

There's no need to sit around ^_^ You guys can start gathering and prepping the relevant documents for the embassy stage and leave the date sensitive ones for later.

Timeline

There's no need to sit around ^_^ You guys can start gathering and prepping the relevant documents for the embassy stage and leave the date sensitive ones for later.

Way ahead of you, I started gathering the documents about a month after we sent in the application. I only have left to fill out the DS-160, do the medical exam, put together the evidences for our relationship and that's it I think. We were only confused about the affidavit of support form if we need it or not, some sites said we do and other say we don't. I emailed the local embassy directly and asked and they said we don't need it so I take their word for it.. I will be pissed if it turns out we do need it and it slows the process down. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Way ahead of you, I started gathering the documents about a month after we sent in the application. I only have left to fill out the DS-160, do the medical exam, put together the evidences for our relationship and that's it I think. We were only confused about the affidavit of support form if we need it or not, some sites said we do and other say we don't. I emailed the local embassy directly and asked and they said we don't need it so I take their word for it.. I will be pissed if it turns out we do need it and it slows the process down. 

So then prepare it just in case... better to be safe than sorry if you are that adamant about not getting further delays...

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hang in there im a November filer and I didn't hear back till the 100th day so 5 months it took which was March 2nd got a rfe but my

case was on hold for two months had to get few papers for my rfe sent everything back and it's been 20 days nothing yet 

It's great that you have it all ready. Just make sure to check again before the time comes :) I'm quite surprised that the embassy informed you that the I-134 is not needed. Just a suggestion and it's up to you, even if they said so, it doesn't harm to have one prepared and signed along with the supporting documents. 

Timeline

It's great that you have it all ready. Just make sure to check again before the time comes :) I'm quite surprised that the embassy informed you that the I-134 is not needed. Just a suggestion and it's up to you, even if they said so, it doesn't harm to have one prepared and signed along with the supporting documents. 

Oh I will, I have everything neatly organized in a folder and will double and triple check when the time comes. I like to keep everything super organized.

Yeah I thought so, I was sure we needed that form, makes sense for a Fiancé visa since I'm not gonna be allowed to work for a few months after I get there.. But yeah that is a good point to fill it out anyway and have it ready if they decide they need it after all. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Adriana&Marko said:

Hang in there im a November filer and I didn't hear back till the 100th day so 5 months it took which was March 2nd got a rfe but my

case was on hold for two months had to get few papers for my rfe sent everything back and it's been 20 days nothing yet 

Oh damn... hopefully they will get to it asap.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.